Refurbished Royal Caribbean terminal in Galveston?

longhorn2004

Hopefully y'all will be able to utilize the new facilities!

And Lets hope immigration has full staff to support facility and allow Galveston to shine????? If nothing is improved with Immigration and if there is lack of coordination with RCL release of passengers procedures from ship , then all the improvements to terminal go for naught.

And secondly hope immigration clears RCL passengers first over Carnival ship to support Better image of Galveston by sending all staff to terminal #2 RCL first and not favoring terminal #1 Carnival.

It can happen for sure!!!!!!!!

See Royal Carribean thread on CC. Three staff show up!!!!

Terrible disembarkation at Port Everglades 3/26 (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Edited by ssb

ssb,

I didn't realize the same immigration/customs staff is used for both terminals! :eek:

Yes and they have in past at times , staffed early Terminal 1 fully, and terminal 2 partially, then will send over finished staff to terminal 2 later. Therefore RCL and terminal 2 are later than terminal 1 being cleared.

In the end Galveston is blamed, when it is an Immigration inadequate staffing problem. And on top of that , if RCL gets frustrated with immigration to get departing passengers cleared thru immigration to curb , RCL will dump passengers to get them off ship into terminal, on top of already immigration backup problem for a bigger mess in the baggage claim and immigration area.

Let's just all hope for the best all around in all aspects.

But if it is still happening today in Florida and Barcellona , for what ever reason , it can still happen in Galveston. The immigration officers are always bitching openly and talking about issues.

Edited by ssb

They are posting on today's roll call that the tent is still up:( They are currently waiting to board sitting in the "cattle call tent".

Tent had been up since November and changes are been made in old building and

new building being finished out!

Edited by ssb

I hope that tent is air conditioned. I can imagine it will become very uncomfortable as the weather heats up!

It is air conditioned. Here's a picture I took last week and you can see the vent tubes overhead.

add9fdf572539637f202f37c604457ef.jpg

You know last year was not good, but this year is great, just came back from a trip to Amsterdam yesterday.

I know you were under weather!

Glad to hear your are better and cruised again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well I'm officially incorrect June 19th not the 17th

Great news! June 19th is a Sunday. Maybe some of the people going on cruises that day will take and post pictures here on CC.

I hope the news media will cover the event. Thanks for the update!