Silhoutte A1 Category Quick Question...

Bo1953

Hello all,

Just ready to book an A1 category stateroom, I found that they are clustered around the stairwell, elevators and The Hideaway or Card Room or other lounges.

What is the noise factor for these cabins? Anything to worry about?

Any one deck better than another in this regards?

Other comparable cabins to consider, if these can be a challenge late evenings/early mornings?

TIA - bo1953

We purposely select cabins in that area. No problems with noise. If you can get one on the angle your balcony will be much larger. We just booked 9237 on Equinox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Edited by jerseygirl3

I wanted to add, that we usually take out the beverage package, and have to pay gratuities... would not booking Concierge Level be a better choice?

Will we be able to get a similarly larger balcony as well, do you think?

Thoughts and input...

Thank you again..

Edited by Bo1953

Hello all,

Just ready to book an A1 category stateroom, I found that they are clustered around the stairwell, elevators and The Hideaway or Card Room or other lounges.

What is the noise factor for these cabins? Anything to worry about?

Any one deck better than another in this regards?

Other comparable cabins to consider, if these can be a challenge late evenings/early mornings?

TIA - bo1953

Are you talking about A1 (Aqua class cabin) or a 1A (verandah class cabin)?

lucynjo - it is in fact 1A and I have gone back concerning the Concierge Class and it is much more, overall, than what we want to spend. As with some OBC through a big box TA our 'net' difference is only $145 including upgraded bev pkg and gratuities....

I wanted to add, that we usually take out the beverage package, and have to pay gratuities... would not booking Concierge Level be a better choice?

Will we be able to get a similarly larger balcony as well, do you think?

Thoughts and input...

Thank you again..

It depends on your sailing date as to whether or not any Concierge Class cabins with the larger balcony will be available.

We normally book Concierge Class (love the footstools that come with the chairs on the balcony), but for our 2/12/16 Equinox cruise, there were no CC cabins left that were on the angled hump. Plus it was going to cost $400 more (although it would have given us all 3 of the 123 perks). We opted for the 1A since we were able to get a cabin on the angled hump with a large balcony. We figured the net difference if we had taken the CC cabin would have benefited us to the tune of $150. Not enough to justify giving up that large balcony for 10 days. We've got over 50K in Celebrity reward points, so we'll use that for extra onboard credit.

Having said all that, if a CC cabin on the angled hump had been available, we would have gone with the CC.

We had #7260 on Silhouette right outside the Hideaway area. It was a great cabin, no noise and so close the the Hideaway with its coffee machine that was tended to often. This cabin was convenient to everything.

We purposely select cabins in that area. No problems with noise. If you can get one on the angle your balcony will be much larger. We just booked 9237 on Equinox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

We booked 9237 also, great balcony!!!

There can be a lot of noise comming from those cabins because the balconies are so large that many book them to host balcony parties.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We have never heard any noise,just doors slamming beacuse the balcony slider is not closed.