Voyager power plug sockets

Just a bit of info for anyone going on the voyager. Friends did sysney around nz and back a couple of weeks ago. This was their 6th royal cruise and all the ships they had been on had both oz and usa plugs. Murphy's law this time they deliberately didnt bother taking usa plug only to find since the refurb rooms only have usa ports.

once on the ship they couldnt get off to go buy one so had no option but to buy one on the ship.

A good money spinner for royal.

Edited by Tara Jane

Just a bit of info for anyone going on the voyager. Friends did sysney around nz and back a couple of weeks ago. This was their 6th royal cruise and all the ships they had been on had both oz and usa plugs. Murphy's law this time they deliberately didnt bother taking usa plug only to find since the refurb rooms only have usa ports.

once on the ship they couldnt get off to go buy one so had no option but to buy one on the ship.

I've been on three RCI cruises and they have only ever had USA plugs.

Edited by cruisine21

All RCI ships have US-Style 110V and European Style 220V sockets.

100% correct. I have been on Voyager pre & post refurb + Rhaposdy & Radiance, both here downunder & also in USA - 9 cruises in total & the electrical outlets have never changed. This information is freely available so posting wrong information on these boards is not useful & then to impugn a cruiseline that they have discovered some money making scheme......

Don't think RCI has ever has Aus plugs the Princess Trio based here year round and the P&O based here do, maybe someone got confused

couldnt they have bought one from the first port or try and borrow one from the reception desk if they had any to loan out

couldnt they have bought one from the first port or try and borrow one from the reception desk if they had any to loan out

Our first few cruises we just asked our Steward and one was delivered before night, never had a problem, I think it was only after number 3 that we bought our own, when we realised that this was going to be a repeat performance.

Your friends must of been mistaken when they thought that Royal had OZ power plugs.Like it tells you on its website and in its brochures all of Royals ships only have US and Euro power outlets.

I think your friends have given you duff gen. Royal has never had Oz plugs. Sounds like they are confused with the Euro plugs because of the similar voltage.

Last year on Voyager, I forgot to take my adaptor plug, I was able to borrow one from the Customer service desk for the duration of the cruise. They put a $25 charge on our account as a deposit and this was removed on the day we returned the plug. So there are other options to buying one on board. I would imagine they only have a limited supply of the plugs to loan out though.