More Expensive...Better Quality?

urc12

In the past I have seen many posts that stated " I would be happy to pay a little more for better quality food, service, perks etc.." I am curious, now that we are paying significantly more for just about everything has anyone seen a better quality product from Royal?

Eric

In the past I have seen many posts that stated " I would be happy to pay a little more for better quality food, service, perks etc.." I am curious, now that we are paying significantly more for just about everything has anyone seen a better quality product from Royal?

Eric

Well this is an interesting question...

I paid a premium to sail on Serenade in the Med last Sept, and posted in my review it was the best MDR experience in the last 3 years on any ship. Service and everything else was impeccable. Quantum was also premium pricing...for me was outstanding, food quality for the most part better (although my sailing Dec 1-11 was the very best sailing reported from inaugural to New Years according to the many complaints).

Time will, I guess the market will react accordingly

I don't see any of our upcoming cruises as premium costs- all of them up to an Anthem trip we got with the first day of BOGOHO- so we got great deals. And the Anthem trip isn't nearly the cost of the Quantum ones, even sailing over Thanksgiving.

Not until sometime in 2016 will we hit a premium price.

So it's hard to answer a question that hasn't happened yet.

Interesting thought!

However, on our last cruise in November on the Freedom of the Seas in an Owners Suite, I would say definitely, "No." You could see the cut back in services on the ship. Including, small things such as slippers in the suites were gone, and no more little chocolates at turn down. I know they have been gone for a while, but on our recent Celebrity cruise they were present. One other thing that really was annoying is Royal removed the blue cushions from loungers, which made them rather uncomfortable. But when we were in port with other Royal ships the suites had the cushions on their loungers. When we asked why? We were told company policy. I guess no one told the others ships that! Just things to make the cruise special were gone.

The crew generally was very good, but the waiters seemed rushed the entire cruise. The food in the main dining room was fine, nothing more. Chops was very good, but you had to pay extra for great service and exceptional food. The windjammer had the same general selection everyday, maybe a change in the main meat course, but nothing very thrilling.

Our Conceirge was outstanding!

Entertainment was good, nothing more, nothing less.

To sum up the cruise it was just good, but no more WOW! But I have three cruise booked with Royal within the next year in suites, and I can only hope your analogy is on the money. I am not holding out hope, though.

Additionally, if I am going to pay a premium price for a suite at these recently released prices. Royal will need to step up its product and amenities for the suites, Norwegian Cruise Line looks very promising with their current offering for the Haven Suites.

Oh, yes we are Diamond Plus, and generally only cruise Royal and a few cruise in Celebrity. I just giving you my observation and personal opinion. I can only hope Royal steps up to justify the price increase.

I don't think they are putting the money back into guest services and amenities. I see the value scale tipping the wrong way. I've always said I will pay more in base fare to get more included with the cruise, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I suppose it's all relative to if YOU feel it's worth it. For us, we selected a pricier ship...the Allure compared with other Royal ships. We wanted all the things it offers for us and our kids. But we decided on a lower price stateroom (promenade, which is an ok size but no balcony or one of the fancier suite). We don't see ourselves in our room much. It's what is important to you.