Fort Lauderdale Taxis

SabreSailor

In March our taxi driver TO the port took the "long way" from the Comfort Inn & Suites which included extra longggggg stoplights where we watched the meter ticking away as we sat. We're familiar with Lauderdale so we realized what was happening and rolled our eyes at each other. We tipped him but only the basic amount. On the way back to the hotel the driver had no idea where the hotel was :rolleyes: so took our directions for the trip - which turned out to be significantly cheaper that the going. :D She helped with the luggage loading and unloading ... and received a tip significantly larger that the first driver.:D

We have had taxi drivers mumble about taking us from the port to Hyatt Pier 66. They also have tried to not put the meter on. DH always spoke up immediately if he saw the driver trying to go the 'slow route'. :D

In March our taxi driver TO the port took the "long way" from the Comfort Inn & Suites which included extra longggggg stoplights where we watched the meter ticking away as we sat. We're familiar with Lauderdale so we realized what was happening and rolled our eyes at each other. We tipped him but only the basic amount. On the way back to the hotel the driver had no idea where the hotel was :rolleyes: so took our directions for the trip - which turned out to be significantly cheaper that the going. :D She helped with the luggage loading and unloading ... and received a tip significantly larger that the first driver.:D

Sorry to read this is still happening. I remember reading on CC this was a huge problem in FLL a few years ago.

ummm.... I wonder why some folks here think using a swiped credit card in a Taxi is a greater risk than using a crdit card elsewhere. I am pretty sure I can guess why... Anyway, using a credit card in a resturant has much more risk when the waiter walks away with your card and has complete and sole access to the card.

Safer than taxis imo since the rating is extremely vital to their job.

From what has been reported, here anyway, their issues are with insurance coverage - or lack thereof.