Occupancy Restriction?

So I am trying to book 4-3-15 weekend sailing on Enchantment. However it will not allow me to book 4 people in the "Royal Family Suite"

Called RCI and they said " that sailing is on an occupancy restriction. No more 3rd or 4th guests any cabin type per US coastguard." But could not get any information.

Has anyone heard of this? And what does it meean? Would like more details.

It's possible that the cruise has met it's total occupancy numbers in cabins that can hold more than two persons. When it gets this close to a cruise, many have been disappointed that they couldn't add someone new to their cabin although the cabin had room. This sounds like what you are facing.

So I am trying to book 4-3-15 weekend sailing on Enchantment. However it will not allow me to book 4 people in the "Royal Family Suite"

Called RCI and they said " that sailing is on an occupancy restriction. No more 3rd or 4th guests any cabin type per US coastguard." But could not get any information.

It probably means that the muster station is at capacity.

It means the ship is approaching maximum lifeboat capacity. There are sufficient 3rd and 4th guests already booked, that if all the cabins remaining sell out with double occupancy, they will be a lifeboat capacity. Technically, they could sell you a 3rd/4th person in one cabin, and then not sell one cabin, but they make more money on double occupancy than on 3rd/4th occupancy.

It means the ship is approaching maximum lifeboat capacity. There are sufficient 3rd and 4th guests already booked, that if all the cabins remaining sell out with double occupancy, they will be a lifeboat capacity. Technically, they could sell you a 3rd/4th person in one cabin, and then not sell one cabin, but they make more money on double occupancy than on 3rd/4th occupancy.

So, in other words, Garavar, try booking two cabins with two people in each.

:)

So, in other words, Garavar, try booking two cabins with two people in each.

:)

I thought of that but if I book RFS and an interior than 2 of us are restricted from CL, Suite Lunch on CocoCay and Suite Breakfast in Chops.

I can not justify paying for 2 GS or 1 RFS and a GS. Would be way to high for what we would get. We like 8166/8666 on Enchantment so we would do it again. The GSs under the Windjammer we could do without

I thought of that but if I book RFS and an interior than 2 of us are restricted from CL, Suite Lunch on CocoCay and Suite Breakfast in Chops.

I can not justify paying for 2 GS or 1 RFS and a GS. Would be way to high for what we would get. We like 8166/8666 on Enchantment so we would do it again. The GSs under the Windjammer we could do without

Is this Suite Lunch on Coco Cay new? Last time we were there, the only special lunch was for cabana guests, which did not depend on being in a suite.

that means the ship has reached max occupancy rates for lifeboat capacity based on 2 people per cabin.

basically, lots of other cabins have 3 or 4 pax listed which means the lifeboats are full.

it actually happens fairly frequently.

Is this Suite Lunch on Coco Cay new? Last time we were there, the only special lunch was for cabana guests, which did not depend on being in a suite.

I don't know, I keep missing Coco Cay as you can see from my older posts. But what I've been told from Conceirge is there was a lunch for Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Gold Cards (Suites)

This will be your only alternative this close to sailing. Spring break don't cha know.

The royal family suite is for 5 or more people and you have to call Royal Caribbean to book this suite if you meet this amount or more the suite will hold 8 people and is not beneficial to them unless there are 5 or more in the cabin. Hope this helps

No, you are not reading the posts correctly.

They lower the number required to book when the sailing date is close and no one has booked the suite. Not uncommon at all.

He WANTS to put four in. But the SOLAS regulations are barring him from doing it - not enough capacity either on the entire ship or at his muster station, because of other full cabins.

It's possible that the cruise has met it's total occupancy numbers in cabins that can hold more than two persons.

As was stated many posts ago. I believe the OP has already gotten the message.

The royal family suite is for 5 or more people and you have to call Royal Caribbean to book this suite if you meet this amount or more the suite will hold 8 people and is not beneficial to them unless there are 5 or more in the cabin. Hope this helps

Please read the posts.

The ship is at/near capacity. If they put more than 2 people in that cabin/suite they will be over lifeboat capacity.

AND - the poster indicated he did call RCI and RCI told them this.

Why is it so hard for some people to read?

Edited by garycarla

What doesnt make sense to me though is why the rep would just let me book the 4 people in RFS then close off an interior cabin and not sell it.

RFS with 2 people = 1.7K,

Interior with 2 people = $400 or so

Vs

RFS with 4 = 2.6K

Closed Interior = $0

More money for RCI, waste, oh well

What doesnt make sense to me though is why the rep would just let me book the 4 people in RFS then close off an interior cabin and not sell it.

RFS with 2 people = 1.7K,

Interior with 2 people = $400 or so

Vs

RFS with 4 = 2.6K

Closed Interior = $0

More money for RCI, waste, oh well

I was thinking the same thing. although I didn't do the math like you ;) but figured its more cost effective for the company to let another room sit empty then a suite.:confused: