Excited about Star Princess!

triptolemus

I'm spending the last few moments looking at videos and pictures of the Star Princess. She really looks inviting! My wife and I are doing a 2 day trip from SF to YVR and we are, by history, NCL exclusive.

I'm just loving what I'm seeing... I've spent the afternoon looking at pictures and watching tour videos of this great ship. I have a personal irony in that I saw her in dry dock in SF before I even thought about booking. Indeed, I participated in the construction of the new SF terminal at Pier 27 and photographed her in dry dock in Mission Bay...

p-star-dd3.jpg

I don't have any questions.. I don't have any preconceptions which need addressing before I sail. I'm simply excited to sail from SF on this great ship!

I imagine that some of the videos and pictures that I'm looking at were shot and posted by folks in this forum. I thank you... I can't wait to see her! See you in 62 days!

Am I right? She's a great ship! And I haven't yet been aboard...

Edited by triptolemus

I might suggest you reserve "full" judgement of Princess until after taking a cruise longer than 2 days. That is a very unusual cruise and I 'm not sure Princess or any line can reveal all their best in just 2 hectic days.

The Star is a beautiful ship and has near identical sisters in the fleet. I am about to sail her for the second time to Hawaii and I believe that cruise is where Princess really shines.

We are doing our first Princess cruise on the Star Valparaiso to Rio. I'm really excited to try another cruise line. We have also booked a Vista suite on the aft. We have always booked a mid ship cabin. We are hoping to enjoy the ship as it will expand our plans for other parts of the world.

If you like sausage cooked several different ways, then this is the ship for you. If you like scrambled eggs with salmon scrambled with it, then this is the ship for you. If you like surprises and don't want to ask what it is, then the Star is the ship for you. We're ready for a different ship and a different experience. When talking to DH about the Star, I call it the sausage ship.

If you like sausage cooked several different ways, then this is the ship for you. If you like scrambled eggs with salmon scrambled with it, then this is the ship for you. If you like surprises and don't want to ask what it is, then the Star is the ship for you. We're ready for a different ship and a different experience. When talking to DH about the Star, I call it the sausage ship.

Wow.

Thankfully, I'm not food motivated... like my dog.

Aside from breakfast, everything's cool?

We've sailed on the Star 4 times, and of the original sized Grand ship she's our favorite. Excitement is the best part of a enjoyable cruise, and you seem ready to really enjoy the beautiful Star !!

Have Fun

Srpilo

We are doing our first Princess cruise on the Star Valparaiso to Rio. I'm really excited to try another cruise line. We have also booked a Vista suite on the aft. We have always booked a mid ship cabin. We are hoping to enjoy the ship as it will expand our plans for other parts of the world.

We had E733 on Star a year ago and loved it. You will have a ball.:D

I was on the Star a year and a half ago and really enjoyed the cruise. I had good luck with staff and food then. Hope you have a great time.

Didn't have good luck with the cabin steward, he went through our drawers looking for the room service and fruit basket cards (so he says). It's a long story, and I don't care to revisit it 2-3 times more here. Needless to say, we took his tip away. I'm sure your room steward will be more honest than the one we had and less "cocky."

We did that same itinerary on the Star a couple years ago and loved it. We were in Vista Suite D737 on our second South America cruise. Great big balcony and a great location. Hope you enjoy Glacier Alley and all of the penguins!

Sailed on the Star for the first time 2 yrs ago to Hawaii and we loved it!! Had never had the occasion to sail on her before then and we would not hesitate to sail anywhere again on the Star. It seems somehow more cozy and elegant than its sisters. Maybe it's just us!!!

We sailed on the Star to Hawaii in February 2014 and had a great cruise. Ship is beautiful, and service was excellent. We enjoyed most of the food in the MDR and the Hawaiian cultural activities were definitely a highlight. Enjoy your cruise.

Wow.

Thankfully, I'm not food motivated... like my dog.

Aside from breakfast, everything's cool?

You'll have a great time, I just wish they didn't serve so much sausage dishes in the buffet. First Princess ship we've been on where it is a reoccurring thing. Do go to the lectures. We had a forensic scientist on our last cruise and it was quite interesting. The theater was full, people really enjoyed it.

Edited by elliair

We will be on the Star for the California coastal in 3 weeks. We were on the Star in her inaugural season and absolutely fell in love. Hopefully she is as good as she was way back then ;)

I plan on taking lots of pictures and posting them here. If there is anything you want pictures of, let me know. We will be in a mini suite this go around, and also have an inside cabin. I'll take pics of those for sure.

Edited by gnatz007

It's the Star for us in June for an Alaska cruise and we are counting the days!!! We had a wonderful experience on the Sapphire ten years ago to Mexico and are hoping our time on the Star will meet or exceed that sailing.

Edited by bibliobelle

We were on the Star in November from SF to western Mexico and loved the ship and itinerary. The Star is a grand class ship and has a few sister ships configured nearly the same. We really enjoyed sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge (we have done it several times) and enjoyed the new SF terminal - good job SF!

We were on the Golden two months ago from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires so we did not go as far as you are going. It was a great cruise particularly as we rounded the cape. You will have a great time. The ship will be at a pier about a mile from the terminal in Valparaiso and they will take you by bus to the ship after you have processed in. A little different to what we have been used to doing. Have a great cruise and say hello to the penguins for us.