Excited about Star Princess!

triptolemus

To the OP, hope you enjoy the Star as much as we have. We have enjoyed 13+ cruises on her. Many transatlantics, two wonderful trips down to the Antarctic:D, brought us home from Sydney Australia, round trip from LA to the south Pacific. St Petersburg....She definitely is one of our favorites. We always felt the Star had one of the happiest friendliest crews in the fleet!

We were on the Star a month ago SFO to Mexico, our first Princess cruise. You are in for a treat. One of our best cruises ever and we are are Elite on Celebrity. The ship is beautiful and the staff are great. Food in MDR amazed us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like sausage cooked several different ways, then this is the ship for you. If you like scrambled eggs with salmon scrambled with it, then this is the ship for you. If you like surprises and don't want to ask what it is, then the Star is the ship for you. We're ready for a different ship and a different experience. When talking to DH about the Star, I call it the sausage ship.

Funny, I've been aboard the Star for 68 days, and don't recall sausage being offered anywhere except as one of many breakfast choices, somewhere in the vicinity of the bacon. (And even there, I had to wrack my memory.)

But then, I'm not the sort of person who chooses a ship based on what they put in the scrambled eggs.

Edited by shepp

I'm looking forward to my cruise on the Star next April. I went big as we are sailing to Hawaii in the Grand Suite. This will also be our Elite qualifying cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We were on the Star a few summers ago for our first Mediterranean cruise. It was magical and we loved the Star. The crew was great, and it seems like everyone who sails on her just loves her. I can only imagine after a dry dock spiff up, she'll be even better! I would sail on her again in a heartbeat.

I was really happy to learn that the Star is an original Grand Class ship that has not been altered. Unfortunately, when I checked the deck plans for the Star, I found a notice that there are now two deck plans--one before May 14, 2016, and one after May 14, 2016. I hope Princess is not planning to add 200 new cabins, like they are doing with the Island and Coral, or even worse, a whole new deck like the Riviera deck was added to the Caribbean Princess.

Edited by Mackenzie1

I'm spending the last few moments looking at videos and pictures of the Star Princess. She really looks inviting! My wife and I are doing a 2 day trip from SF to YVR and we are, by history, NCL exclusive.

I'm just loving what I'm seeing... I've spent the afternoon looking at pictures and watching tour videos of this great ship. I have a personal irony in that I saw her in dry dock in SF before I even thought about booking. Indeed, I participated in the construction of the new SF terminal at Pier 27 and photographed her in dry dock in Mission Bay...

p-star-dd3.jpg

I don't have any questions.. I don't have any preconceptions which need addressing before I sail. I'm simply excited to sail from SF on this great ship!

I imagine that some of the videos and pictures that I'm looking at were shot and posted by folks in this forum. I thank you... I can't wait to see her! See you in 62 days!

Am I right? She's a great ship! And I haven't yet been aboard...

My DW and I took the Star on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise, and we just loved her. The Sapphire and Diamond are still our favorite though.

I was really happy to learn that the Star is an original Grand Class ship that has not been altered. Unfortunately, when I checked the deck plans for the Star, I found a notice that there are now two deck plans--one before May 14, 2016, and one after May 14, 2016. I hope Princess is not planning to add 200 new cabins, like they are doing with the Island and Coral, or even worse, a whole new deck like the Riviera deck was added to the Caribbean Princess.

Could you please tell me where you saw the deck plans you mentioned for pre and post May 14, 2016? We will be sailing the Star B2B to Alaska in June 2016 and I want to make sure our cabin is not affected.

Thanks.

Could you please tell me where you saw the deck plans you mentioned for pre and post May 14, 2016? We will be sailing the Star B2B to Alaska in June 2016 and I want to make sure our cabin is not affected.

Thanks.

I found the deck plans for the Star Princess pre- and post-May 14, 2016, by googling "Star Princess deck plans". The response brought up the deck plans for the Star Princess on the Princess website. After checking the balcony cabins of one deck pre- and post-May 14, 2016, however, I found no changes, so it may be as one poster suggested, only a cabin category change. This may be especially true since the same notice now appears on the deck plans for the Regal Princess on the Princess website, even though this notice about the Regal deck plans was not there a few days ago. I doubt seriously that Princess is making any structural changes to the Regal Princess, though, so that notice may also be just a change in cabin categories. Hopefully this is true for the Star Princess, since the Grand class of ships is the best thing Princess has going for it.

Edited by Mackenzie1

I found the deck plans for the Star Princess pre- and post-May 14, 2016, by googling "Star Princess deck plans". The response brought up the deck plans for the Star Princess on the Princess website. After checking the balcony cabins of one deck pre- and post-May 14, 2016, however, I found no changes, so it may be as one poster suggested, only a cabin category change. This may be especially true since the same notice now appears on the deck plans for the Regal Princess on the Princess website, even though this notice about the Regal deck plans was not there a few days ago. I doubt seriously that Princess is making any structural changes to the Regal Princess, though, so that notice may also be just a change in cabin categories. Hopefully this is true for the Star Princess, since the Grand class of ships is the best thing Princess has going for it.

Thanks for your post, I appreciate it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are about to take our 16th. Princess cruise and this one is on the Star, a round trip 10 day coastal from Vancouver. It departs Oct. 3rd. 2015. This will be our fifth cruise on the Star and we really enjoy the ship. Being from the Interior of British Columbia it's a treat to be able to book a return cruise from Van. I'm particularly excited about this trip because it overnights in San Francisco, one of our favourite cities. It also corresponds with the end of Fleet Week so we can watch all the festivities, marine and airshows from the ship.

You will enjoy your Coastal, have fun!:)

We are about to take our 16th. Princess cruise and this one is on the Star, a round trip 10 day coastal from Vancouver. It departs Oct. 3rd. 2015. This will be our fifth cruise on the Star and we really enjoy the ship. Being from the Interior of British Columbia it's a treat to be able to book a return cruise from Van. I'm particularly excited about this trip because it overnights in San Francisco, one of our favourite cities. It also corresponds with the end of Fleet Week so we can watch all the festivities, marine and airshows from the ship.

You will enjoy your Coastal, have fun!:)

I'm thinking you're getting onto the ship for your costal on Oct. 4th, 2015. :) My wife and I will be finishing off our Hawaiian cruise returning to Vancouver on Oct. 4th, on the Star Princess, hence my comment :)

Enjoy yourself!!! :)