has anyone heard of the band rocky and the rollers?

ok heres the deal we are booked on freedom feb 7 next yr and rocky and the rollers are gonna be there I heard in order to attend there event u need to book through aaa we booked this cruise through rccl so im wondering if any of the clubs will be shut down just for the event

I was on the same cruise as that group this year. There was no change to the normal schedule of shows for the cruise. If I didn't know the group was on the cruise ahead of time I would never have known it when I was on the ship. Found out that all of their events were held at times that didn't allow them o partake in the normal shows on the Freedom. Don't hesitate to sail with tis group. It won't impact your cruise experience at all.

We were on a back to back.

The rollers were also on both weeks.

Their shows were held in the Star Lounge and the Ice Show lounge.

It was fun seeing those passengers in the Retro outfits.

You will not be inconvenienced at all. Go , enjoy !!!!!:)

We were on a back to back.

The rollers were also on both weeks.

Their shows were held in the Star Lounge and the Ice Show lounge.

It was fun seeing those passengers in the Retro outfits.

You will not be inconvenienced at all. Go , enjoy !!!!!:)

I agree with this. We were on with them in 2014 and never were inconvenienced. Shows and meet and greets were in out of the way places or at off times.

This will NOT affect your cruise at all. Only those who booked as part of the "group" will be able to partake of the band in question....they will have some private events, but not in frequently used public areas...so no worries!

Shoot...they may give a free show to the "non group" members...that's always fun!

I'm glad my friend posted this because I was going to cancel because I'm not with the group event and I didn't want other activities on the ship to be canceled because of this event.. don't want to go on the cruise if non AAA members are limited..

thanks for all the comments it makes me feel a lot better I got a great price for this cruise and didn't wanna cancel this will be our longest cruise on rccl cant wait we are going with some friends of ours we met on a cruise

By the way, "Rocky and the Rollers" live in The Villages, Florida, and perform routinely in our pavilions. On the Freedom, Gerry “Rocky” Seader is sometimes joined by the Bowzer (who attended The Juilliard School as a classical pianist at 12 years old) of Sha Na Na fame. Rocky was a drummer with DANNY & THE JUNIORS. Rocky was (and maybe still is) the drummer and musical director for BOWZER’S ROCK & ROLL PARTY.

They have been doing a Freedom winter cruise for more than five years and usually have other rock and roll entertainers from the 60's as part of their entourage.

Edited by Tagsalong

rocky and rollers cuise, it is fun. If you do not book it for the cruise, the only thing, you will be wanting to get into the events and they have to post guards to keep regular cruisers out. Some times they have other stars of that era with them.

Is it worth doing, if you like old time R&R of the Fifties, sixties and seventies YES at least one time, many do it every year.

If you live in area around The villages, they have bus transportation to the port from The Villages, or did when I went.

Edited by north29

How many rooms do they block off at once? I don't mind not having access to one club but if they use half of the ship for the whole cruise than it's not going to be much fun for the non AAA members

This year they had around 700 on my cruise and was told it was like that all three weeks he was doing it. Never once was I unable to do something because of that group. The people I ran into were all very nice. It actually works out well for the normal cruisers for shows. They would have a show in the ice rink during the normal theater shows or they would use the theater during the ice show times. Don't worry about cruising with them at all it won't affect your access to any scheduled event in the compass.

This year they had around 700 on my cruise and was told it was like that all three weeks he was doing it. Never once was I unable to do something because of that group. The people I ran into were all very nice. It actually works out well for the normal cruisers for shows. They would have a show in the ice rink during the normal theater shows or they would use the theater during the ice show times. Don't worry about cruising with them at all it won't affect your access to any scheduled event in the compass.

That definitely makes me feel better.. I really didn't want to have to cancel the cruise