Lowest single supplement out of texas port?

Glowbee

Which of the lines sailing from a Texas home port offers the lowest single supplement, generally?

It's rough for us solo travelers, since none of the ships presently sailing from TX offers single berths, and it just KILLS me to pay balcony stateroom prices for an unassigned interior stateroom that invariably ends up being located either in the curve of the bow or virtually connected to the screws! :eek:

Any likeminded solo females out there looking for a cabin mate this March or April?

I believe you can look for cruisemates on the various roll calls. You can also find groups to share the cost of excursions and transportation between airport and cruise terminal.

No. it's not allowed any where on Cruise Critic to ask for a roommate. It is OK to discuss excursions and transportation on the roll call.

Right, no roommate requests. Got it. I'm new here, and it's good to get the rules down.

BUT-which lines out of TX offer the lowest single occupancy fees? That's the main question I have. I'm hoping to benefit from other solo cruisers' experience and greater knowledge.

Thanks!

Glowbee

On average the single supplement is 1.5 to 2 times the per person price. This is an industry standard.

NCL has some ships with single cabins, though not sure if they cruise from Texas. Otherwise, all you can do is keep your eye out for a sale.

Right, no roommate requests. Got it. I'm new here, and it's good to get the rules down.

BUT-which lines out of TX offer the lowest single occupancy fees? That's the main question I have. I'm hoping to benefit from other solo cruisers' experience and greater knowledge.

Thanks!

Glowbee

they are all the same: 150-200%. all you can do is pick a ship and itinerary and stalk for sales.