best exchange??

sdnich

Where would we get the best exchange rates for our dollars to euro's in Barcelona ?

We have gotten excellent rates using an ATM. We use a Capital One debit card, pay no foreign transaction fees and get reimbursed up to $30 per month for ATM fees.

We went to our local AAA office and got all the foreign money for our Far East cruises. What we liked about getting it there was that they refunded what we didn't use.

No transaction fee but, of course, their exchange rate is different from what we see on the internet. But, I'm told everywhere is like that.

We went to our local AAA office and got all the foreign money for our Far East cruises. What we liked about getting it there was that they refunded what we didn't use.

No transaction fee but, of course, their exchange rate is different from what we see on the internet. But, I'm told everywhere is like that.

I think that AAA has about the worst exchange rate out there IMO..i remember a few years ago doing a research for someone in an agency re rates that AAA came in dead last and was rated so in an article for a travel magazine.I bet when they take back the the currency for the dollar upon your return it is even worse.However, if you are comfortable with the AA that is all that counts in the end.

The exchange rate is so good now we will probably get some exchanged soon at our bank since we are not going to Spain till Oct. And just get the rest from the atm machine.When we were in Italy in 2010 I had read the exchange rate at the post office was good and it was much better than other places.

The exchange rate is so good now we will probably get some exchanged soon at our bank since we are not going to Spain till Oct. And just get the rest from the atm machine.When we were in Italy in 2010 I had read the exchange rate at the post office was good and it was much better than other places.

Do it!! :)

I just exchanged today at my bank (Wells Fargo) and got a good rate (it would have been better two weeks ago!) We usually do ATM's in Spain, but the Euro is (again) rising, and so I didn't want to wait until we are there next month. However, check with your bank first, the lady at Wells was telling me that they can hardly keep up with the demand for Euros because of the exchange rate....