Manhattan Cruiseport (Breakaway) to Penn Station After Cruise

cooncat_mom

Hi! Does anyone knows the answer to this one? We're sailing the Breakaway in October and we're coming in by train. Afterwards, we have the choice of going home via a 10 AM train from Penn or a 5 PM train. Since we pack carry-ons only, we were wondering if we could make the 10AM train. I know on our other cruises we've managed to get out quite early, but the've been on smaller ships. (We will have "done" NYC before the cruise so will be ready to head home after the cruise) Thanks!

MCT looked quite busy this October, with the exception of the last Sunday with only the BA at the pier, otherwise, it's the CCL Splendor & BA, plus possibly a 3rd ship. Lines for the taxi can be long across the street on 12th Ave. to go somewhere, EVERYONE wanted to be off the ship early to go somewhere else - home, catch a train, connect to the buses and fly out of the airports :D It's a pretty long walk to NY Penn Sta. - doable but ... ya know. http://www.nycruiseinfo.com/Cruise-Schedule/2015-cruise-schedule-October-November-December-2015-New-York.html

CBP has been known to hold up things at the pier - so it's 50:50 odds - thus, you "should" That happened recently with just the BA in port ...

Personally, I wouldn't & look at later train departure, too close/tight for comfort. Not knowing more details - it's your own choice & risk to assume if disembarkation doesn't start until 8:45 AM with 250 people ahead of you when it sometimes start at 7:45 AM (been there & seen both ... some were "trapped" on the gangways until much latter :eek:) What do I know ... will tell you more in about 12 days after we come back on our 2nd. BA run this Sunday.

Edited by mking8288

Thanks, guys! Good point about the ships in port...I'll have to poke around and see if I can tell how many ships will be in port. We're traveling with a "cruise virgin" and a rollator, so may look at a car service too.

mking8288 - Have a GREAT time!