temp and humidity on board

captain_hug99

And some of us think they're too warm. I think it depends on how old and close to death you are.

Wow, thanks for letting me know that death has been imminent for the last 56 years + or - a few months (the only time I was warm was when I was pregnant and for now, the few hot flashes I get.) =D

As for the OP, I found the temperature just fine onboard. We travelled in September so the outside parts of the ship were cool at night and on rainy days, but inside was just fine... and as noted above, I am usually cold.

Edited by Danni3ll3
Added info for the OP

We were on the Volendam last year in early May. We found our room to be a tad too warm for us - the public areas were comfortable.

The only place that was drafty was the outside Promenade deck while cruising the Inside Passage. That was cold, and we hardy Northeasterners retreated to the inside of the ship after one lap around the deck.

We've cruised on four different cruise lines for a total of 15 cruises. and I have yet to find one ship that was too cold. All that advice about taking sweaters and wraps for use in interior areas wasn't meant for me. If anything, the ships are too warm.

That said, the weather in Alaska is rather unpredictable so pack accordingly. We've been to Alaska 3x in May, and we've had weather that ranged from rain/40F to sunny/80F.

Our cruise was August so may not apply - we wore shorts hiking in Skagway and when leaving Vancouver and then warm clothes while att Hubbard Glacier. The ship was moderate to us - that is so individual that it is difficult to compare. I am always hot and DH not so much and he was comfortable in in cotton long sleeve shirt on board. May will be quite a bit cooler outside but likely not inside.

Have a great trip.

I'm wondering how it generally feels on board. We are going to Alaska. What temperature are staterooms and corridors kept? Will it feel drafty? I'm sure this is a silly question, but it will help with clothing choices.

Thanks!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, I don' think the feel has anything to "how close to death you are" but more as to the area you live in. I have lived in South Florida for over 20 years and think it would feel a little chilly compared to when I lived in Ohio and was still wearing shorts at 60°......lol