passenger overboard on Carnival Triumph

dramaqueenjan

it was posted on another site that they are currently searching for a passenger that went overboard just outside Progresso on the Carnival Triumph.it seems this is happening more and more recently are the seam seas rougher than usual what is going on

it was posted on another site that they are currently searching for a passenger that went overboard just outside Progresso on the Carnival Triumph.it seems this is happening more and more recently are the seam seas rougher than usual what is going on

IDK. Maybe just Spring break starting to happen.

Just googled this, and found out it was a little boy. My heart breaks at the thought of a young life lost like that. Parents - please don't take your eyes of your young children near ANY water situation - even for a minute.

Just googled this, and found out it was a little boy. My heart breaks at the thought of a young life lost like that. Parents - please don't take your eyes of your young children near ANY water situation - even for a minute.

I just read this too! So sad! Prayers for this little boy and his family.

It's not any rougher than usual. This is a direct result of people who lack situational awareness. It's a result of people who act as if the ships crew are all babysitters for their unruly children while they live at the bar. It's a result of being blind to the fact that the ship is actually a giant machine that can kill you.

It's a result of people not being responsible for their own actions.

With the exception of the gangway and boarding the tenders, it's extremely difficult to find yourself overboard as long as your not acting like a fool and keep both feet on the ground.

Thousands of people are at work(myself included) and vacationing afloat everyday and somehow they manage to not fall overboard. Don't climb railings, swing from chandeliers, try to climb the masthead or down a fifth of hootch and try to impress a bunch of strangers and you'll probably be ok.

It's not any rougher than usual. This is a direct result of people who lack situational awareness. It's a result of people who act as if the ships crew are all babysitters for their unruly children while they live at the bar. It's a result of being blind to the fact that the ship is actually a giant machine that can kill you.

With the exception of the gangway and boarding the tenders, it's extremely difficult to find yourself overboard as long as your not acting like a fool and keep both feet on the ground.

Thousands of people are at work(myself included) and vacationing afloat everyday and somehow they manage to not fall overboard. Don't climb railings, swing from chandeliers, try to climb the masthead or down a fifth of hootch and try to impress a bunch of strangers and you'll probably be ok.

Well said. Now let's hope they found that child. No updates that I can find yet.

I found this track of the Triumph which I believe is current.

The link didn't work but it's on *********** It shows the Triumph making several circles which appears to be a search.

Edited by Mikes145
repair link

My thoughts and prayers to the family of this young boy.

However, cruising is a safe form of travel - 20 million cruise passengers per year with about 20-25 overboards per year (with some being crew members and some suicides). And I can't recall the last time a child has fallen overboard.

Still very tragic.

We reached out to Carnival for a statement. The reports of the overboard passenger being a child are false.

March 18 -- Yesterday evening, a report was received of a potential man overboard on Carnival Triumph which was confirmed through a review of the vessel's camera footage. The missing guest is a 54-year-old male. The ship is presently conducting search and rescue operations in conjunction with Mexican authorities who also have vessels on site at a location off the coast of northern Mexico in the Gulf of Mexico.

Carnival Triumph was on the last leg of a four-day cruise from Galveston, Texas. The ship's arrival into Galveston tomorrow is expected to be delayed until approximately 11 a.m.

Our foremost care and concern is with the loved ones of our missing guest at this very difficult time. Carnival's CareTeam is providing support to the individual's traveling companions.

We reached out to Carnival for a statement. The reports of the overboard passenger being a child are false.

March 18 -- Yesterday evening, a report was received of a potential man overboard on Carnival Triumph which was confirmed through a review of the vessel's camera footage. The missing guest is a 54-year-old male. The ship is presently conducting search and rescue operations in conjunction with Mexican authorities who also have vessels on site at a location off the coast of northern Mexico in the Gulf of Mexico.

Carnival Triumph was on the last leg of a four-day cruise from Galveston, Texas. The ship's arrival into Galveston tomorrow is expected to be delayed until approximately 11 a.m.

Our foremost care and concern is with the loved ones of our missing guest at this very difficult time. Carnival's CareTeam is providing support to the individual's traveling companions.

Thank you for the updated information...its refreshing to read something of substance without innuendo and prejudice, blatant speculation or hearsay.

You may want to make sure you have the true facts before judging. It was not a young boy, it was a 54 year old man.