Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

All I see is the link. No photo. The link takes you to the photo' date=' as I said before the link works, but the URL for the actual photo does not.[/quote']

I'm sorry, but I don't know what the answer is. :(

All I see is the link. No photo. The link takes you to the photo' date=' as I said before the link works, but the URL for the actual photo does not.[/quote']

Did you paste the link here? Or did you click on the paper clip and paste it there?

I was able to see your photos. They brought back some great memories because we took that very same tour in 03! I loved the beach below Tulum, it is just so beautiful.:p

Are you happy with the kodak gallery? I have been using shutterfly and snapfish, but have an account with Kodak Gallery because of my new camera.

I don't have any complaints with Kodakgallery. It interfaces well with my photo software (Adobe Photoshop Album) and is pretty easy to use. There are two versions. The free version only requires that you purchase a minimum of one print per year in order to store your photos (unlimited capacity). You don't get a web site with the free version, but can share your photos with selected individuals via tools included in the site. The Premier package is a relatively new offering (last couple of months) and provides you with a web site and some other minor perks. I think the cost is about $30 per year. I have the Premier package. As you can tell from my previous posts, there have been some issues with folks being able to view my images, but hopefully that is just due to the fact that the Kodakgallery web sites are new and it will work itself out in time.

Hope this helps.

OK, new question. I just got a new computer, got on line, and with my new computer the photo was there. I went back to my DH's computer (which I was using last night) and got on line and just the link shows up. I can now understand why you had to think I was nuts, but why does it work on one system and not on the other? Could it be a security thing on his computer?

Thanks for the help (I'm the computer idiot in my family).

OK' date=' new question. I just got a new computer, got on line, and with my new computer the photo was there. I went back to my DH's computer (which I was using last night) and got on line and just the link shows up. I can now understand why you had to think I was nuts, but why does it work on one system and not on the other? Could it be a security thing on his computer?

Thanks for the help (I'm the computer idiot in my family).[/quote']

If I understood computers, I would be richer than Bill Gates. Sometimes it appears that they have a mind of their own. It could be a security freature, it could be a difference between the way the different hardware reacts with the software, it could be the way the software reacts with different software, it could be a bug in the system, or it could be simply that one computer didn't like your pictures. Who knows why computers do the things they do. Sometimes even the experts cannot explain it.

All like children to me...I can't decide that one is better than another! But here are some of my favorite ones.

Passing out of New York at sunset:

h192255867_2165.jpg

Coral Princess and a Carnival vessel in Grand Cayman:

i2741477_77881.jpg

Back of Summit at sea at dusk:

h13092575_5919.jpg

Volcano, thunderstorm, rainbow, and sunset, all at once in St. Lucia:

i38513645_38491.jpg

Key West sunrise:

h121607734_49604.jpg

Something fun about this one though...I just like the islandy feel of the native man with no shirt and the little dog running about and the tropical water color:

h48061986_33554.jpg

This one I just had to post not necessarily as a favorite, but because it was funny: on page 17, NapTownJim posted a very similar shot (on a foggy day) of the same ship at the same place and with nearly the same tide:

h191079436_26751.jpg

Smart minds think alike?

Hi, Justin!

Love the Statue of Liberty shot! I hope to get some good ones as our cruise departs in August. Also love the one with the 2 ships - it almost looks like a painting!

(P.S. I ordered the sports pac for the t9 - thanks for suggestion!)

Thanks guys on the statue shot. I love silhouettes when the light hits the golden moment...fortunately the ships this time of year often depart New York just at the right time to catch the statue in that light.

but I think it would look even better in landscape rather than portrait ...

Thanks - I actually do have a version shot landscape as well...unfortunately at least with the camera I had I couldn't seem to get the coral and glowing green water and the ships and sky - probably because I could only get as wide as 36mm. I shot it anyway, but most of the green water and coral are not in the shot.

Next time, maybe I'll have a wider lens available! Thanks for the input!

OMG those photos were AWESOME........ I only been on 1 cruise so far and we did take tons of photos but our camera was lost befor we had a chance to download them. I did take a few disposible cameras with so I have some photos from that, sadly the really cool photos were in the digitial..... Keep those photos coming

Something fun about this one though...I just like the islandy feel of the native man with no shirt and the little dog running about and the tropical water color:

h48061986_33554.jpg

That is, both technically and artistically, an excellent picture!!!!

MD

That is, both technically and artistically, an excellent picture!!!!

MD

Thank you kindly. A lucky capture - I was shooting something totally different, across the bay, from a pier, when I saw this little boat passing nearby...it just seemed so appropriate for the islands and the attitude of the locals that I had to shoot it!

(picture info FYI - Sony DSC-F717 camera, polarizer filter, handheld, ISO100, F4.0, shutter 1/500)

h48061986_33554.jpg

You know, I have looked at this photo several times, and the dog has not moved. Are you sure it was running about the boat?

You know, I have looked at this photo several times, and the dog has not moved. Are you sure it was running about the boat?

Yep...he is pretty quick though. You're probably blinking every time he runs right, and when you open your eyes again, he seems to be in the same spot, facing left. You know, like the strobe light effect on a moving fan! ;)

I have just LOVED these - great idea for a thread!

I had tons of photo's of cruises prior to the last few years but had water damage in basement (on a shelf) and lost them all. Let that be a lesson to us all. *sigh*

I'll try to get my stuff together and post some shortly!