Floral arrangements - post your photos

KSprite01

I'm trying to decide if I should pre-order a floral arrangement and have it right away to surprise DH or if I should go to the florist on embarkation day (or the following if I try to win some in the raffle). Please post photos of any you've ordered, so I can get an idea what the generic bouquet might look like, to help me know if I'll like it or if I'll want to custom order one! (I'm not super picky but it'd be nice to know generally what to expect.)

Here is a link to the Princess gift brochure & on page 6 (8 of the PDF file) you can view examples.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/how-to-order-localized/gifts_&_services-order_form_us.pdf

My wife prefers to talk to the onboard florist to ensure there are not any Asiatic Lilies which bother her.

I do not have any pictures for you, but I totally understand wanting to see the arrangements that people have received. We always received the lush, tropical flower arrangements when we have ordered flowers on Princess.

However, when we sailed on HAL a couple of years ago I ordered what I thought would be a tropical arrangement (that was what was pictured on HAL's website) and received a bunch of carnations. :( I like carnations, but we received a bunch in a low bowl (the stems were cut to 5-6" long)--not very dramatic or tropical. It wasn't worth it for the money spent.

Unless you are specifically ordering a dozen roses, the best option is to purchase an arrangement once you are on board, then you will definitely know what you are receiving! No surprises.

Edited by PrincessNancy

Received this arrangement for our 50th Princess cruise on the Regal. This costs about $50 on the ship. Plus the bottle of bubbly and Tux-Strawberries. Wonderful surprise! Thank you Princess.

CameraZOOM-20150216145055756.jpg.7bac62c4a6c81e14ab7607a3c3b21b7e.jpg

Nice Denise! :)

Thanks! Love decorating our cabin!! My kids insisted I wear the crown when we checked into the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. Good move, we were upgraded to a suite. (at the hotel, not the ship) LOL!!

Cheers, Denise

Here's a photo of the arrangement we received with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on the Caribbean Princess in January. I thought it was the best one we've ever received with the UBD. I liked that they had some tropical flowers. Unfortunately, we waited until the last night of our cruise to celebrate DH's birthday. Fortunately, we were able to give the arrangement to a man who had played on our trivia team a couple of times. He and his wife were staying on for the next cruise. He later wrote to say that the arrangement had lasted.

10922748.jpg.4fce3ad9c6885b3660bd4a3dc4b2f0a0.jpg

We are not fans of the tropical arrangements. My wife likes carnations and roses. We always wait until we are onboard and speak to the florist to see what types and colors of flowers they have on board for that week, and then make our decision on a flower arrangement.

flowers.jpg.109e3facabb5fc13614ddbba243b461f.jpg

Thanks all! They all look gorgeous to me. Yes, I'd be very happy with a tropical arrangement, but less happy with a bunch of carnations. I think I'd be very happy with any of these though, so now just to decide if I want to surprise DH, or have us pick it out together.

When we did an Ultimate Balcony Dinner in Oct. 2013, I think we just got two roses. I should post photos from the dinner - I don't think anyone has posted many of UBDs.

Does anybody know if you can bring your own flowers onboard at the port of departure just as long as they stay in the ship or do I have to order flowers through Princess? I received a Princess arrangement for an Alaskan cruise, but was allergic to the Rubrum Lilies.

Does anybody know if you can bring your own flowers onboard at the port of departure just as long as they stay in the ship or do I have to order flowers through Princess? I received a Princess arrangement for an Alaskan cruise, but was allergic to the Rubrum Lilies.

Yes you can bring your own.

Received this arrangement for our 50th Princess cruise on the Regal. This costs about $50 on the ship. Plus the bottle of bubbly and Tux-Strawberries. Wonderful surprise! Thank you Princess.

Oxo, did you receive any other amenities for your 50th cruise? It looks like my 50th will be on board the Regal next February on a 1 week cruise, but I have been thinking of trying to make it happen on a 15 night Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess in November. I know it varies from ship to ship and your photo looks lovely although I didn't notice the tuxedo strawberries.

Sorry for the hijack.