Help upgrade for less or keep what i have

I see several posters have said they do not want to be on decks 2 or 3. I know a lot of cabin choices are personal preference but what's wrong with these decks?

Our first cruise was on deck 2 on the Radiance and my last cruise was deck 3 on the NCL Jade. Next cruise is Quantum OV at the very front of the ship.

The only room we did not like was a deck 8 promenade on the Independence that was under the motors for a whirlpool so we had a noise issue.

To the OP - IMHO upgrade.

Pete

Another vote for the upgrade... However, you got some really good advice here. It depends on your cruise habits.

When I am on a cruise, I want to be able to see the ocean from my cabin, first thing in the morning, in my PJ's. :)

I have only had inside 2x. Even though the promenade view was fun, I would rather see the ocean. So, as long as I can afford it, I would go for oceanview or balcony every time. We have been on the lower decks many times, and loved it. I especially like that you can see the size of the waves from the cabin. Stairs are thankfully no problem to me, so I don't mind being lower.

Hope this helps with your pros/cons list :D Enjoy planning!

I see several posters have said they do not want to be on decks 2 or 3. I know a lot of cabin choices are personal preference but what's wrong with these decks?

Nothing 'wrong', as we have been saying, it's personal preference.

If I am on deck 8 or 9 or 10 I tend to take the stairs more for WJ, pool deck, CL, internet, etc. so I can avoid the elevators more. Also some ships are weirdly configured like Explorer (don't think you can walk all the way through on deck 2 or 3 not sure).

When I was in my OV (NCL) we could hear the anchor which was very loud (something mechanical and loud anyway). Then there was the time I read about that ship crashing into rocks in Greece and 2 people in their deck 2 cabin were killed (I know highly unlikely but still).

So it's all experience/perspective/personal preference.

• 3 weeks later...