S-class inside cabins

jerseygirl3

I see that Cat. 10 is an inside, while Cat. 9 says inside comfort. Is there a difference in the size of the cabin?

We always do a balcony, but looking at a cruise where we may opt to do an inside for the cost difference.

I had an inside cabin on Reflection...deck 3......I loved it:). I don't

know what the square footage is but I loved the location.....just down

the hall from the Passport Bar, Guest Relations, etc.....I would definitely

recommend it.

Are you looking at the German site? It always says that but there's no difference in any of the insides other than location. Oh, that's not completely true. Some are a little bigger than others and some are perpendicular to the other cabins but they all seem quite spacious

Edited by CathyCruises

Inside cabins have the same sq footage as a regular veranda. I think there are a couple excetions to this. The beds can be located against the back wall or on a side wall for the inside. Bathroom, storage, small table, chair or small sofa are the same as in a veranda.

I had a inside on the Equinox on the deck 8. Our friends had a veranda across the hall. Theirs looked bigger because they had the wall of sliding glass and the balcony.

The cabin was fine and never missed the view of the sea. Just pop out on a open deck and there is the sea. Price reflects the location and type of cabins.

Only you can decide your price point and cabin type.

On cabin crawls, I've been told there is a difference, because some only have room for a chair, some have a sofa. From the ones I've seen, the sofa would be much more comfortable, especially for two people.

Sometimes the cabins with a chair or sofa, there is a square shaped wall that likely holds mechanicals inside it etc. that makes the length of the sofa not fit to the wall, so a chair goes there instead as it is not as long as the sofa. But so far as the useful, open floor space goes, it will be the same in all but a few unusual cabins.

We had an inside on the Solstice for a 12 night cruise. Plenty of storage space, and plenty of space around the cabin. We did a cabin crawl, and seemed our inside cabin was the same size as the balcony cabins. Without the sliding door, and light coming into the cabin, the inside may appear smaller. We book insides at times to save $$$ so we can do a couple cruises together. Depends on the price difference.

I had an inside on deck 3 on the Equinox. Loved it for the same reasons Lois mentioned above.

The inside cabins on deck 3 are usually the cheapest. Ours had a sofa and it was the same size as balcony cabins that we have previously stayed in.

I'm happy to hear good things about the inside cabins on deck 3. We have one booked on the Eclipse in December..typically I avoid booking cabins below public rooms but the price was hard to beat. This is our first time on an S class ship and we can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most inside cabins on the S-class ships are 200 sq ft; they are more "square" shaped and feel larger than a Balcony Cabin. Loads of room to walk around the bed area. We always book an inside cabin, and only move up if a deal comes around (which is most of the time:) )

If booking inside cabins means more cruises, well we are all in!

Kel:D

I had an inside cabin on Reflection...deck 3......I loved it:). I don't

know what the square footage is but I loved the location.....just down

the hall from the Passport Bar, Guest Relations, etc.....I would definitely

recommend it.

Lois, do you remember which cabin you had on Deck 3? I'm wondering if there is noise from above since there are public areas above.

Lois, do you remember which cabin you had on Deck 3? I'm wondering if there is noise from above since there are public areas above.

3160......no noise from above:)