Help! So confused with UDP UBP!

love4monsters

Switched our cruise for spring break of my second monsters senior year. It is April of 2017. Sniff!

We booked a suite and got both the UDP and UBP. Are gratuities included for these? I realize we have other gratuities - service plan - but can't figure this out.

We will have 3 teenage boys with us - they can seriously put away some food - and Momma can enjoy a margarita.

We love NCL but all these new changes encourage us to not purchase a future cruise reward.

Thanks in advance.

Angela

Yes, gratuities are included on both packages from what I have read here and drinks are included on UBP up to $11. If more than 2 x pax per room the additional pax recieve the soda package instead of the UBP. We are travelling next month so have yet to avail of these offers but I have been doing my homework on here :D

Switched our cruise for spring break of my second monsters senior year. It is April of 2017. Sniff!

We booked a suite and got both the UDP and UBP. Are gratuities included for these? I realize we have other gratuities - service plan - but can't figure this out.

We will have 3 teenage boys with us - they can seriously put away some food - and Momma can enjoy a margarita.

We love NCL but all these new changes encourage us to not purchase a future cruise reward.

Thanks in advance.

Angela

Terms and Conditions

Freestyle Choice Spectacular

Up to $3700 in value per stateroom (based on 7 night itinerary)

Booking Window: 3/1/15 - 4/6/15 11.59pm EST

Product Ultimate Beverage Package/Air Credit* Ultimate Dining Package* Up to $300 OBC Pre-paid Gratuities

Haven/Suites All 4 Choices Included

Europe Choose Any 1

Hawaii Choose Any 1

Transatlantics, Repos, Panama Canals Choose Any 1

All Itineraries Choose Any 1

*Available for Ocean View and above categories only

Terms and Conditions:

Valid for all guests in the stateroom.

Valid on 3+ day sailings.

Mini suites do not fall under the Haven/Suites category.

Offer is for New Individual FIT Reservations, New Group Delegates or FS bookings.

Qualifying New Individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing traditional or FS Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits.

Offer is combinable with existing group block rates. RQs are not applicable unless RQ reservation converted to OF or BK status within the promotional booking window.

Promotion can not be held as group block.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer.

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, and discretionary onboard service charges are additional.

Cancellation Fees also apply based on the Booking/Sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings.

Not applicable to Chartered Dates and Group Types: INCREG & INCLARGE

Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Applicable to NCLMIAMI, NCLINTL, AUSTRALIA, and NCL BRAZIL . Not applicable to CE and UK offices.

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $10. Includes fountain soda and juice, Non-alcoholic beer is included.

Ultimate beverage package option includes 18% gratuity on the package.

Ultimate beverage option is only available for guests 25 and older on any sailing from 3/1 - 4/15.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars. Variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer over $10.

Does not include room service, package sales ,bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine,

mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza Coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

All 3-8 guests above the age of two will receive a soda package.

For all Pride of America, Transatlantics, Repos, and Panama Canals air credit will replace the ultimate beverage package.

Air Credit:

For all Pride of America, Transatlantics, Repos, and Panama Canals air credit will replace the ultimate beverage package.

Per person round trip air credit value: Outside $50, Balcony $75, Mini Suite $100, Suite/Haven $200, Garden Villa $500

AUSTRALIA, NCL BRAZIL and NCLINTL offices will forgo aircredit option.

Ultimate dining package:

Unlimited dining at specialty restaurants.

Dining Package excludes Chefs Table, Ocean Blue, Carlos Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, and Gelato.

A la carte priced restaurants are excluded (i.e. Sushi, Raw Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue Waterfront).

Entertainment based dining is excluded (Cirque shows, Second City Lunches, Nick Breakfasts, Wine Lovers, Illusionarium).

The A la carte venues and Ocean Blue are not included in the UDP, but will be discounted 20% for those who choose the package.

Entertainment based and Chefs Table dining will not be discounted.

Additional main courses in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and Jefferson's Bistro will be charged at $10.00 per person.

Guests who chose the UDP can reserve the embarkation day performances at no additional cost.

Kids Savings:

Kids Sail Free on select sailings, Kids are 50% off all other applicable dates

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, and discretionary onboard service charges are additional.

Offer valid for third through eighth guest sharing a cabin with the first and second guest paying full fare.

This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on Cruisetours or BUNDLES.

50% off Kids:

Standard Deposit required

Kids Sail Free:

No deposit is required for guests sailing in third through eighth berth.

Onboard credit offer:

Per stateroom in U.S. Dollars and will be applied to 1-2 guests on the reservation.

$25 OBC for Studio and Insides, $50 OBC for Oceanviews, $75 Balconies, $100 Mini Suites, $200 for Suites, and $300 OBC for Havens per stateroom

Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.

Free Pre-Paid Gratuities

*Prepaid gratuities, otherwise referred to as "Service Charges," applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom 3 years of age and up.

Offer not applicable to guests 3-8.

Guests are responsible for onboard gratuities applicable to all other shipboard purchases.

Offer has no cash value and cannot be disputed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase

above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index).

In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have

been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day

Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2015 NCL Corporation Ltd

For the UDP - what does the additional main courses in Cagney's, etc will be charged $10 per person? Does that mean if we eat there if you order more than one main entree you are charged the extra $ or if you choose to eat there 2 nights you will be charged $10 on the 2nd night you eat there?

For the UDP - what does the additional main courses in Cagney's, etc will be charged $10 per person? Does that mean if we eat there if you order more than one main entree you are charged the extra $ or if you choose to eat there 2 nights you will be charged $10 on the 2nd night you eat there?

extra entree.:)

You can go all 7 days if you want, no extra charge unless you get more than one entree.

Bill

You may dine at Cagney's every night if you so wish and incur no extra charge. It simply means that they reserve the right to charge you $10 extra for ordering more than one main entree at the same meal.

It is quite common to order steak and lobster but this will result in an extra entrée charge since these are separate entrees.

Only if the two are on the menu together (think Surf & Turf) there will be no extra charge.

Discuss this with your waiter or Maitre' D in advance for a solution/explanation !

It is quite common to order steak and lobster but this will result in an extra entrée charge since these are separate entrees.

Only if the two are on the menu together (think Surf & Turf) there will be no extra charge.

Discuss this with your waiter or Maitre' D in advance for a solution/explanation !

Oh don't forget they will also add 18% gratuity to the additional entrees or lobster ordered.

Bill

Thanks in advance.

Angela

Call your TA or NCL and have them add gratuities (DSC) at no extra charge. That is part of the current promotion. Just check to make sure your room rate doesn't increase.

We booked our room for Apr 2017 in Feb and called when the Mar promo came out. About 10 min on the phone saved us over $100.

If you have the UDP, are you charged a gratuity at the restaurant? I have heard you are. However, if you eat out at a specialty restaurant every night, aren't you paying double for service charges? I just need to know that going into Cagneys at night will be just like lunch (if you are in a suite).

Also, with the UBP, when you order a drink from a waitress, don't they still charge you a tip? I just ordered all the extras but I am skeptical. Can you tell?

If you have the UDP, are you charged a gratuity at the restaurant? I have heard you are. However, if you eat out at a specialty restaurant every night, aren't you paying double for service charges? I just need to know that going into Cagneys at night will be just like lunch (if you are in a suite).

Also, with the UBP, when you order a drink from a waitress, don't they still charge you a tip? I just ordered all the extras but I am skeptical. Can you tell?

If you have UBP or UDP from promos, gratuities are already included in both, so no additional needs to be paid.

• 1 year later...

Thanks in advance.

Angela

We just sailed on The Getaway April 24 and enjoyed both the UBP and UDP. When we upgraded our prepaid room, in order to get 2 promotions, we were assessed an additional charge/for gratuity that was maybe $100 total for each of us for the 7 days that we enjoyed it. Worth every penny :D

We just sailed on The Getaway April 24 and enjoyed both the UBP and UDP. When we upgraded our prepaid room, in order to get 2 promotions, we were assessed an additional charge/for gratuity that was maybe $100 total for each of us for the 7 days that we enjoyed it. Worth every penny :D

You opened a thread over a year old

What happened with you has nothing to do with the OP who booked well over a year ago for a cruise that doesn't happen for another year. You have to know what the rules were when OP booked, and at that time you did not pay the gratuity.

What happened with you has nothing to do with the OP who booked well over a year ago for a cruise that doesn't happen for another year. You have to know what the rules were when OP booked, and at that time you did not pay the gratuity.

My NCL enthusiasm is showing yet AGAIN ;) Just as my own "google search" dropped me into the twilight zone between the OP 2015 query and their 2017 sail date, perhaps it might of benefit to someone with the understanding that this information is accurate as of April 2016. My TA can do wondrous things, figured knowledge is power. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.