MS Eurodam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam - Sail Away - Sun, Mar 22

Krazy Kruizers

Plan to be here for our two HAL beauties. Only sorry I missed the Westie yesterday - sounds like I missed a good show by all accounts. :rolleyes:

Let's hope it's a good show this time.

Edited by Mumsysailor

Plan to be here for our two HAL beauties. Only sorry I missed the Westie yesterday - sounds like I missed a good show by all accounts. :rolleyes:

Let's hope it's a good show this time.

Hi Mumsy... Yesterday was like a return to old times with the Westy. It was quite a show...

Unless you've changed the options, a previously visited link (based on your browser's history file) will be red. A link not visited recently (based on your history file) will appear blue.

Your browser knows where you've been unless you clear the history and cache files when you close it.

KK... Rich is 100% correct. Their system is that unvisited links are blue, visited are red and they are black when you hover over the link. If you were to delete all of your browsing history in your browser, you would get blue links until you click on it.

See, being a sail-away addict is not only fun but educational as well!:D

Looking forward to the afternoon's entertainment providing my computer wants to cooperate. It keeps dropping the internet connection (something with the computer not the internet because the iPad had no issues at the same time). Thank goodness there is now sound from the webcam on the iPad in case my three month old computer does not wish to participate today.:eek:

Unless you've changed the options, a previously visited link (based on your browser's history file) will be red. A link not visited recently (based on your history file) will appear blue.

Your browser knows where you've been unless you clear the history and cache files when you close it.

But I haven't visited any links lately -- I have them booked mark.

KK, if you have EVER visited a site, it will remember that history until you manually clear the cache. Depending on your browser, you can go to HISTORY and clear the history and, in fact, you can disable history in most browsers. It can be interesting to look at it from time to time to amaze yourself with where you have looked.

Edited by 65 Gator

KK, if you have EVER visited a site, it will remember that history until you manually clear the cache. Depending on your browser, you can go to HISTORY and clear the history and, in fact, you can disable history in most browsers. It can be interesting to look at it from time to time to amaze yourself with where you have looked.

It doesn't always work that way, although it should! I've had threads I visit almost daily (like my roll calls), and suddenly everything will turn blue again, and occasionally, the main forum turns blue on me, and I have to go and read everything all over again, just to make the titles turn red again!

Computers with a sense of humour!

1545 for Eurodam.

Somebody was missing two passengers but it kept breaking up so couldn't hear the entire discussion.

I sometimes wonder about that - how can they say they are going to leave early, unless every single passenger is already on board (and crew member)?

It doesn't always work that way, although it should! I've had threads I visit almost daily (like my roll calls), and suddenly everything will turn blue again, and occasionally, the main forum turns blue on me, and I have to go and read everything all over again, just to make the titles turn red again!

Computers with a sense of humour!

That's right. There are some other programs that will also clean the cache. I have a program (Clean My Mac) that wipes out my history as well as my "remembered" passwords.

Edited by 65 Gator

A bookmark is a link, just one kept in a separate file from your history file. Your history file knows when you use a bookmarked link and uses that to determine usage.

For instance, your bookmark might look like this: Ft. Lauderdale Web Cam while the link here looks like this: http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ but they are both equivalent and both should be red (or blue).

Leon also mentioned cleaners and such which will sometimes clear the history and cache files. They are increasingly tied to anti-virus suites so you may not realize that it's doing this.

Computers are fussy characters, often busy doing things behind our backs. :)

Edited by 0bnxshs

A bookmark is a link, just one kept in a separate file from your history file. Your history file knows when you use a bookmarked link and uses that to determine usage.

For instance, your bookmark might look like this: Ft. Lauderdale Web Cam while the link her looks like this: http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ but they are both the equivalent and both should be red.

Leon also mentioned cleaners and such which will sometimes clear the history and cache files. They are increasingly tied to anti-virus suites so you may not realize that it's doing this.

Computers are fussy characters, often busy doing things behind our backs. :)

Thank you -- didn't know that.

Tell me about "fussy" computers. UGH!!

We will be watching and listening for the ships horn. Bon Voyage to all that will board and sail away today. Fair winds & smooth seas. As much as I love to watch the sail aways I'm sad that we are not on board.

Allan & Marlane

My links are all in red, I certainly have visited them many times.

Kk thanks so much for the reminder.

Chief hope having the Delta Economy Comfort offers with free Wi Fi and free drinks on your flight makes it seem shorter.:D:D:eek:

Melodie, I hope you got my email yesterday. As I'm driving to Ft. Lauderdale, I won't have to pack it for airline travel; not sure about Scrapnana.

And yes, that flight is a long one, no matter how you slice it up or what you have access to.

Edited by 0bnxshs

For a change, an early check in for me on a Sunday.

Hello, fellow sail-away addicts!

It is a nice sunny day here; after Friday's snow it all melted yesterday so maybe Spring is on its way!

Spring's been here for a while now; we're just starting to get beyond the pollen season. Hope everyone else warms up soon.