Cruise Carnival from Doing NCL once

koss78b2

Looking at some cruises with Carnival, prices seem good of what i was looking at.

However I have read that some people said if you do another cruiseline and do Carnival afterwards, you dont appreciate as much.

I did a cruise last year with NCL, liked it. Would i be able to enjoy a Carnival one after doing NCL? thoughts of who gone back and forth as well?

A cruise is what you make of it. Go in with good attitude, and you will have a great time. It is nice to appreciate the differences between the lines. We now enjoy going "back and forth" from CCL to NCL. We are trying different ships on NCL to catch the different entertainment. We have pretty much seen it all on Carnival! We find we "run" on NCL trying to do everything, and Carnival is more relaxing, as we have done most of the ports numerous times, and most of the activities. If trying Carnival, I would suggest one of the newer ships, with the 2.0 upgrades.

Looking at some cruises with Carnival, prices seem good of what i was looking at.

However I have read that some people said if you do another cruiseline and do Carnival afterwards, you dont appreciate as much.

I did a cruise last year with NCL, liked it. Would i be able to enjoy a Carnival one after doing NCL? thoughts of who gone back and forth as well?

Absolutely. Cruised NCL last Thanksgiving and Carnival a couple of weeks ago. Was so happy to be back on a Carnival ship. It's not that NCL (or any cruise) is bad, just that Carnival is better.

Interestingly, I had sailed on Carnival 9 consecutive times when things started to feel stale, and I felt burnt out and as if I needed to try something else. So I booked our next cruise aboard the Allure of the Seas. Needless to say, it was such an amazing cruise that nothing has ever come close to that experience ever since.

I thought that it would be next to impossible to go back to Carnival so, with a lot of skepticism and hesitation, I booked the Carnival Dream a few months later. In a nutshell, my fears were unfounded. We had an absolutely wonderful time! It wasn't the Allure, but it was a great cruise, and taking a break from Carnival actually made me appreciate what Carnival has to offer. Everything felt new and fresh again.

I think that we enjoyed the Dream MORE because of the fact that we tried a different cruise line before we sailed on that cruise.

Did Carnival first two times, did NCL last year, doing Carnival Breeze next month, doing NCL Escape next year. I have no problems jumping back and forth for the right deal.

Would prefer to do a suite or Haven on NCL if I could but it's not in the price cards.

I prefer Carnival for many reasons but enjoyed our NCL cruise as well.

A cruise is what you make it...just as mentioned above!

NCL is our favorite line, but we recently took a 6 day cruise on the Breeze and loved it. As suggested, try to book one of the newer ships with all the 2.0 stuff.

I agree Dream class only , others seem dated and small after , The Dream ,Magic ,and The Breeze

I have been hesitant to try NCL because I thought there would be less to do than on Carnival. What did they have to do that Carnival does not?

Entertainment, especially on the newer ships. Shows are 100% better, plus they have venues like Howl at the Moon and the Jazz Club.

Food, up to 25 different places to eat, though many are upcharge. (Tip, get the dining package and try them all!)

Each cruise line has their own special way to make the cruise unique. With carnival, almost everything onboard is include and if it is not, there is a lot of info as to what costs money and what doesnt. Also, I think that (out of canaveral) carnival has a very good embarkation process. So, a cruise is goo if you want it to be good.

Entertainment, especially on the newer ships. Shows are 100% better, plus they have venues like Howl at the Moon and the Jazz Club.

Food, up to 25 different places to eat, though many are upcharge. (Tip, get the dining package and try them all!)

If you get the ultimate dining package the price was $119pp for the week but just increased to $140pp.

They have also just raised the tip amount, oops I mean daily service charge. I believe they are now the highest in the industry.

They have also raised the prices of drinks and the drink gratuity from 15% to 18%.

New CEO and COO.

Bill

If you get the ultimate dining package the price was $119pp for the week but just increased to $140pp.

They have also just raised the tip amount, oops I mean daily service charge. I believe they are now the highest in the industry.

They have also raised the prices of drinks and the drink gratuity from 15% to 18%.

New CEO and COO.

Bill

Yes, they have raised prices which makes no one happy. HOWEVER, since Jan 1 this year they have been offering a free drink package, free dining package or OBC for all OV and above rooms. Book a suite and get all 3.

We took last year off from cruising and did a land only tour... sure missed it. We sailed NCL twice and Holland America once the year before and while we enjoyed all three cruises we sailed because of the ports. With that being said we are sailing Carnival in less than 3 weeks again because of the ports. This will be my 3rd Carnival cruise and my husband's first time on Carnival. We always find the best on the ship we are on NOW and have not had a bad cruise. We've had some bad weather and missed ports but it's all you make of it in the end. You will enjoy Carnival - try the steakhouse if you try the extra pay restaurants on NCL.

Yes, they have raised prices which makes no one happy. HOWEVER, since Jan 1 this year they have been offering a free drink package, free dining package or OBC for all OV and above rooms. Book a suite and get all 3.

Is the offer of free drinks, or dining going to be a regular part of booking NCL going forward or are they going to lower the price increases back down after this offer is over?

I really don't see what the price increases have to do with their current offer.

Maybe it was to soften the blow when they did the increases or maybe the increases are to cover the cost of these packages.

Bill

I've been on 5 Carnival cruises and 2 NCL. Carnival is hands down the line I enjoy the most of the 2. No doubt. I agree, to stay with the larger ships, well on any line. I did enoy Fantasy class though on Paradise in Dec. I am 5 for 5 on Carnival cruises, all were great, yes Paradise too. They make me feel quite at home and welcom. I did not get the same feeling on NCL either time. All of us have our preferences, but to me Carnival and Royal Caribbean get my vote.

I have been hesitant to try NCL because I thought there would be less to do than on Carnival. What did they have to do that Carnival does not?

They do have better shows than Carnival but that's about it. IMO, Carnival has them tied or beat in just about every other area.

Hi all!

I didn't try Carnival until my 23rd cruise using several lines, chose Dream then went twice on Breeze within 18 months as I liked Carnival so much.

I mainly do NCL as I often travel solo & their newer ships have studio cabins

which makes it nice.

Never had a bad cruise yet so wish the same for you. I'm itching to go on Sunshine & Vista.

~ Jo ~ :)

Interestingly, I had sailed on Carnival 9 consecutive times when things started to feel stale, and I felt burnt out and as if I needed to try something else. So I booked our next cruise aboard the Allure of the Seas. Needless to say, it was such an amazing cruise that nothing has ever come close to that experience ever since.

I thought that it would be next to impossible to go back to Carnival so, with a lot of skepticism and hesitation, I booked the Carnival Dream a few months later. In a nutshell, my fears were unfounded. We had an absolutely wonderful time! It wasn't the Allure, but it was a great cruise, and taking a break from Carnival actually made me appreciate what Carnival has to offer. Everything felt new and fresh again.

I think that we enjoyed the Dream MORE because of the fact that we tried a different cruise line before we sailed on that cruise.

The Allure is hands down the BEST cruise ship I have ever been on. Can't wait to go again!

I have to say Carnival is lacking in the main showroom entertainment wise.

I was at a travel show in Philly Saturday and Carnival had a table there. I am now in possession of a real Carnival Brochure. Lol

We were chatting and she asked what I didnt like about the entertainment she kind of just played it off when I mentioned about the Playlist productions.

Im probably in the minority there I suppose.

Bill