I have brought my boyfriend to the dark side...

Haha, did that catch your attention?! ^_^

Hi everyone! New to the boards, sure this question has been asked a few times.

So, I'm a cruise veteran, I've been cruising since I was 10 years old (I'm 25 now!). However, this will be my boyfriend is five years' first cruise! YAY! Super excited for him to experience this life.

So for his first time, we'll be on the Majesty of the Seas in April! This beauty will be leaving the fleet soon, but I know that with age comes radiance. :) We'll be cruising to CocoCay and Nassau.

1) We will be flying in the day before we leave, but we want to get to the Port early. Will we be able to wait around in the port until we are able to check-in/board/etc.? I've always arrived after check-ins and boarding starts, so I'm not sure.

2) We would prefer a two-top seating for the MDR, just to keep things more intimate and romantic. Is there a way to request this, like on Embarkation Day, or anything?

3) We're total foodies when it comes to traveling. What are some of the best places to have local fare in Nassau, but still relatively close to port?

4) Any close beaches in Nassau to the port? (If you can't tell, we're trying to stay relatively close...lol)

Thanks so much! Looking forward to chatting, cruising, eating and general acting-like-teenage-lovers-again behavior. LOL

When you email them be sure to give them sailing date, name ,reservation number, Ship. And what time you request ie early or late sitting.

Also I believe that you can email them now.

You can walk to the "Fish Fry " which is a bunch of local restaurants serving the local foods. We liked that. You can also go to the free beach which is called Junkaroo beach and you actually pass by it on the way to the Fish Fry. Both in walking distance of the Pier. You walk out and to your right and weave around Senor frogs always turning right as you go and you will first run into the beach, just past the Hilton and then the Fish Fry is maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 mile farther down on your right

Just wanted to give another vote for the Fish Fry, it really is a place that tourists and locals go for lunch. Junkanoo beach is nice and you are in view of the ship the entire time, so definitely close.

Fish Fry is across from Fort Charlotte directly off of West Bay Street, be sure to order some Conch Salad, and Conch Fritters I like Goldies for both of these. Also stop by Twin Brothers and get a Daiquri they have all kinds of great tropical fruit flavors made with fresh fruit and plenty of extra rum if you ask nicely.

Enjoy, I like Nassau and hate that it gets such a bad rap from some people.

Haha, did that catch your attention?! ^_^

Hi everyone! New to the boards, sure this question has been asked a few times.

So, I'm a cruise veteran, I've been cruising since I was 10 years old (I'm 25 now!). However, this will be my boyfriend is five years' first cruise! YAY! Super excited for him to experience this life.

So for his first time, we'll be on the Majesty of the Seas in April! This beauty will be leaving the fleet soon, but I know that with age comes radiance. :) We'll be cruising to CocoCay and Nassau.

1) We will be flying in the day before we leave, but we want to get to the Port early. Will we be able to wait around in the port until we are able to check-in/board/etc.? I've always arrived after check-ins and boarding starts, so I'm not sure.

2) We would prefer a two-top seating for the MDR, just to keep things more intimate and romantic. Is there a way to request this, like on Embarkation Day, or anything?

3) We're total foodies when it comes to traveling. What are some of the best places to have local fare in Nassau, but still relatively close to port?

4) Any close beaches in Nassau to the port? (If you can't tell, we're trying to stay relatively close...lol)

Thanks so much! Looking forward to chatting, cruising, eating and general acting-like-teenage-lovers-again behavior. LOL

Based on your post, I couldn't figure out if your boyfriend is five or you boyfriend has been your boyfriend for five years. At any rate, as to your questions:

1) I like to get to the port early and be one of the first to board. I try to arrive around 11am.

2) First of all, if you have a travel agent, tell your travel agent you want a table for two. Then, once you board, go straight to the main dining room and verify your table (it will be on your seapass card and if it is not a two top, ask for a two top. It will not hurt if you have a $20 in your hand when you ask for the two top.

You could also opt for My Time Dining and tell the person who is seating you that you don't want to share. You might end up at a four top, but it should be just for the two of you.

Based on your post, I couldn't figure out if your boyfriend is five or you boyfriend has been your boyfriend for five years. At any rate, as to your questions:

1) I like to get to the port early and be one of the first to board. I try to arrive around 11am.

2) First of all, if you have a travel agent, tell your travel agent you want a table for two. Then, once you board, go straight to the main dining room and verify your table (it will be on your seapass card and if it is not a two top, ask for a two top. It will not hurt if you have a $20 in your hand when you ask for the two top.

You could also opt for My Time Dining and tell the person who is seating you that you don't want to share. You might end up at a four top, but it should be just for the two of you.

Yep, totally meant "of" not "is", but it won't let me edit my post for some reason.

Thanks so much!

For most cruises we usually get to the terminal around 11am. They usually board around 1130. No problems waiting around earlier if you wish. Cable beach is about a 10 minute bus ride from the port. Its perfectly safe, done it several times. It's gorgeous. Lots of fun. There's also Atlantis right by the boat where you can take a water taxi to. There is a fee to spend the day there but it is totally worth it. It's amazing. It's a waterpark with a very nice beach. The hotel is worth a look too. We generally eat on the ship mostly but if you haven't had conch try it. It's the island specialty, and very good. You can buy it at several stands around the port. Make sure you go to straw market. As far as dining I would call or email now so they can put a note in for your request. I've never had a problem in the past. Bon voyage. Have fun

What is a two top?

A table that seats two.

A four top is a table that seats four.

and so on and so on ...

Thank you. I thought it might have been some special type of table. I dont frequent this forum that often so I dont know the terminology well.

Thank you. I thought it might have been some special type of table. I dont frequent this forum that often so I dont know the terminology well.

Wait until you find out that TA can stand for two completely different things. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...