Oasis departure from port Everglades question

Chocolatemom2

Good morning.

I have a couple of questions. It's ou first time departing from port Everglades. First, does it matter which side of the ship you're on for sail away? Or is it one of those ports that is just industrial and not so pretty? And second, does oasis dock at the same place each time?

Topside is where you want to be at sailing, or perhaps aft.

CruiserBruce is right. Take a look at the map (http://www.porteverglades.net/) - you will be in the open ocean in minutes and then all the scenery will be behind you. As you sail thru the Entrance Channel there will be houses and condos on your left (lots of folks on their balconies waving and blasting air horns) and a state park on your right.

I think port side is best. If you click on the links below you can actually submit a "Wave Request" which is free then look up the video when you get home. The webcam operator manually controls the 2 camera's during sailaways and if you have a specific location along with something unique (I'm taking a OSU flag, Go BUCKS) then they will try and locate you and zoom in on you. So I'll maybe say "top deck, port side by the pool hanging an OSU flag"

You can actually search by ship and sail date now and see some of the past sailaways for the Oasis. It's cool to watch. Plus on any given Saturday at 4:30 tune in live to watch them pull out.

Get your spot early, as it's the most popular side. And if you do this, send these links to family and friends to watch you live with your drink in hand starting your vacay! :D

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Thanks for the info, we have a balcony on the port side. .. Might have to have a drink and watch the houses go by

If you do fill out one of those wave requests that I talked about, you can give them your room number and they will locate your balcony and zoom in on you. Even if you do not buy the video (no obligation), you can watch yourself in their video archives when you get home.