traditional dining question

i was just wondering if anyone would know if you can get a table for 2 with traditional dining. we have my time but would like the 6 pm traditional is this possible its our 25th wedding anniversary cruise and would like to dine alone this time. do i have to keep my time dining for a table for 2. :confused::confused::confused:

[quote name='melsmom303']i was just wondering if anyone would know if you can get a table for 2 with traditional dining. we have my time but would like the 6 pm traditional is this possible its our 25th wedding anniversary cruise and would like to dine alone this time. do i have to keep my time dining for a table for 2. :confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

Hello melsmom303, thank you for your question. You can ask for a table for two in Main Dining. However, it is not guaranteed. We recommend speaking with the Maitre'd once you board to ensure you have the desired seating arrangements.

Whether you choose traditional or flexible dining, you can request -- and will probably receive -- a two-top table.

However, a two-top isn't a particularly intimate dining experience. They set rows of two-tops only about 8" apart from one another. A slim waiter who turns sideways couldn't slip between them. You'll literally be as close to your fellow diners as if you were sitting at a big table, but people sort of "pretend" that they're not sitting next to other people.

I found it quite silly, but the dining room is not a huge place.

Don't sweat it: You'll have plenty of time alone during your cruise, whether it's at dinner or not.

Yes, you can, if you really want to...after 25 years, and being together all day long on the ship, having company is fun! For less than 2 hours, do consider table mates! It will give you something to talk about later! Just a tip...after 40 years together!!! Edited by cb at sea

Not to hijack the thread but there are 6 in our party, will we be seated with others or just a table for 6, we are going over Thanksgiving and would prefer it to just be our group at our table, and yes our reservations are linked.

[quote name='mcchane1']Not to hijack the thread but there are 6 in our party, will we be seated with others or just a table for 6, we are going over Thanksgiving and would prefer it to just be our group at our table, and yes our reservations are linked.[/QUOTE]

If you requested a table for 6 for your group it shouldn't be a problem. You can call RCI to verify. Our group had our reservations "linked" for our New Year's cruise on Indy and had a table for 6 .

[quote name='mcchane1']Not to hijack the thread...[/quote] "...but I'm going to hijack the thread." ;)

To the OP, as mentioned, speak to the Maître d as soon as you can after boarding and make your request. Nothing's guaranteed, but I can't recall not getting the seating arrangement we want when doing this.

[quote name='cb at sea']Yes, you can, if you really want to...after 25 years, and being together all day long on the ship, having company is fun! For less than 2 hours, do consider table mates! It will give you something to talk about later! Just a tip...after 40 years together!!![/QUOTE]

Not every couple is together "all day long" on the ship. DH and I are together for part of the day, but we are often apart doing our own thing as well. BTW, this is after nearly 50 years together! To each his their own.

[quote name='cb at sea']Yes, you can, if you really want to...after 25 years, and being together all day long on the ship, having company is fun! For less than 2 hours, do consider table mates! It will give you something to talk about later! Just a tip...after 40 years together!!![/QUOTE]

The poster seemed to indicate that they "really want(ed)" a table for two and it seems more than a bit presumptuous to question their stated preference in order to impose one's own preferences . My wife and I have been together more than 47 years and find that there are times when we wish to dine by ourselves and other times when we enjoy the company of others. No need to impose your opinions on others when simple answer to the poster's question would have sufficed. Fortunately the majority of respondents answered the question without editorializing.

We had a clear view of three tables for two in the Grande dining room on the Oasis of the Seas. The Grande had both traditional and My Time dining. Like another poster said, the tables for two were extremely close to each other. The 6 diners seemed to talk to each other, they were so close. The center one would be the worst one for privacy.

There were two other tables for two next to us that were one behind the other which would be more what most people have in mind. They were not any closer than a larger table would be.

I wonder if there is a dining room layout by table number, or if this changes by cruise.

another thing you could do is, if you don't mind dining with others some nights, is to maybe have special dinner for 2 at one of the specialty restaurants one of the nights. best of both worlds? :rolleyes:

[quote name='negc'] No need to impose your opinions on others when simple answer to the poster's question would have sufficed. Fortunately the majority of respondents answered the question without editorializing.[/quote]

As distinct to you who didn't provide an answer and purely editiorialised.:confused:

To OP, as other have said, including RCI, you should be able to arrange once onboard, or you could try emailing the dining reservations address - we have had success with that, for parties of 4,6 & 10.

[quote name='heziggy']another thing you could do is, if you don't mind dining with others some nights, is to maybe have special dinner for 2 at one of the specialty restaurants one of the nights. best of both worlds? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]We booked a table for two for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, it turned out to be a Murder Mystery Evening. Most disappointing!