MS Westerdam - Sail Away -- Sat, Mar 28

Krazy Kruizers

Good morning, I plan on being here for sail-away. I missed yesterday's because we were at "Gardenscape", a getting-ready-for-spring plant and yard show. Now I'm all prepped to buy and put plants out, but we still have these glaciers in our yard.:rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Good morning, I plan on being here for sail-away. I missed yesterday's because we were at "Gardenscape", a getting-ready-for-spring plant and yard show. Now I'm all prepped to buy and put plants out, but we still have these glaciers in our yard.:rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Wish we had some garden shows around here. Sure help to give me some new ideas.

Spring isn't here yet -- it was 14 this morning with a wind chill of 2. We are about 30 degrees colder than we should be.

Thanks, KK, I hope to be here for the Queen of Toots. Soon it will be our turn!:D We are meeting this morning to go through my cousin's house, and I hope to persuade someone else to go in to the hospital for his lunchtime. If not, I will go a bit early, and try to get home in time.

Talking about gardens, I think we have two baby hummingbirds in the garden, just fledged and flying to the feeders, but still quite plump and with bits of fluff attached. They are adorable, and so early! I guess we've had such a mild winter that they hatched early. Mom & Dad Hummingbird try to get the babies going before the robins return to nest. They must be such tasty morsels, full of nectar and tiny spiders, it's safest to be flying. We have occasionally had all four on the feeder outside the den window, which has never happened before. We're having to refill the feeders every couple of days.

Thanks, KK, I hope to be here for the Queen of Toots. Soon it will be our turn!:D We are meeting this morning to go through my cousin's house, and I hope to persuade someone else to go in to the hospital for his lunchtime. If not, I will go a bit early, and try to get home in time.

Talking about gardens, I think we have two baby hummingbirds in the garden, just fledged and flying to the feeders, but still quite plump and with bits of fluff attached. They are adorable, and so early! I guess we've had such a mild winter that they hatched early. Mom & Dad Hummingbird try to get the babies going before the robins return to nest. They must be such tasty morsels, full of nectar and tiny spiders, it's safest to be flying. We have occasionally had all four on the feeder outside the den window, which has never happened before. We're having to refill the feeders every couple of days.

I'd much rather watch humming birds feed than sail-away:D.

I'd much rather watch humming birds feed than sail-away:D.

Fortunately, I can do both, too, like Pathfinderess!:D

I am going to have to buy another bag of sugar before we leave, though, so DD can continue feeding them.

Fortunately, I can do both, too, like Pathfinderess!:D

I am going to have to buy another bag of sugar before we leave, though, so DD can continue feeding them.

Checking in.

After many years of regular nestings in my garden, our hummingbirds have moved elsewhere, I think because of the regular visits by a hawk. That darned thing sits in the tree and just blinks at me when I clap my hands and try to shoo it off. I really miss the hummingbirds and my feeder has not needed refilling.