Price difference for similar cruises

mbible

Any ideas why the April 25, 2015 26 day British Isles Grand Adventure is $2550 more per person than the April 20, 2016 30 day British Isles Grand Adventure (Balcony).

I can understand the additional 4 days being a little more expensive but a $72 per day increase seems odd and excessive.

As a relatively new cruiser, (two so far with 2 more booked) I am trying to determine the best time to book. I already have the 400 shares of CCL stock and do my bookings on cruises, but want to maximize my dollar outlay at the best time.

thanks in advance for the advice from the pros.

The 2015 cruise is after final payment, and probably they have lowered the prices to fill remaining cabins. To compare, you would have to know what the launch price was last year. If you go on the roll call for this years cruise and ask if there have been large price drops, you can get an idea. For the 2016 cruise, you can book now and get price drops up until final payment next year. EM

The 2015 cruise is after final payment, and probably they have lowered the prices to fill remaining cabins. To compare, you would have to know what the launch price was last year. If you go on the roll call for this years cruise and ask if there have been large price drops, you can get an idea. For the 2016 cruise, you can book now and get price drops up until final payment next year. EM

Plus,if you are looking at the base price per type of stateroom, it shows the price of the lowest available room in that category, so it may not be a clear comparison.

We tend to book our cruises about a year in advance and get any number of price drops. Our next cruise, we booked it at $3400 pp and now we're down to $2500 pp with the all inclusive beverage package thrown in.

Many thanks to all for the information and I should probably let everyone know that I am in fact going to book the 2016 Cruise while I am on a 2015 Alaska Cruise to get the early booking as well as the OBC offered there also.

My real aim I guess was to get some sort of assurance from the "pros" that the price will probably come down. I will in all likelihood go regardless of price reduction but obviously would like to pay as little as possible for the trip, especially given the number of ports visited and the price of the excursions.

Anyway, thanks to all.

Celebrity starts out at a reasonable price and (for our cruises so far) only go up. So we also book early.

Not necessarily. We booked our next Celebrity cruise nearly 2 years in advance and I just got a price drop. And it's filling up quickly. Our roll call already has 69 members and 307 posts with 16 months still to go! So, luckily, Celebrity does give price drops. :D

Any ideas why the April 25, 2015 26 day British Isles Grand Adventure is $2550 more per person than the April 20, 2016 30 day British Isles Grand Adventure (Balcony).

I can understand the additional 4 days being a little more expensive but a $72 per day increase seems odd and excessive.

As a relatively new cruiser, (two so far with 2 more booked) I am trying to determine the best time to book. I already have the 400 shares of CCL stock and do my bookings on cruises, but want to maximize my dollar outlay at the best time.

thanks in advance for the advice from the pros.

Check your port taxes. Some ports taxes are higher than others. Also, if one sailing has more sea days, port taxes will be less even if it is for more days.

MARAPRINCE