Sale discount question

Dinda

We booked our Alaska cruise a few months ago and have been making payments. Checking today I see the balcony rooms available on our deck and section can be booked for $170 cheaper than what we paid. If I call Princess, will they discount my room to the same price? Also at the time we booked, we received OBC. Will that be taken away if we do get the discount? This is our first Princess cruise so I am not sure of their procedures. Thanks for any info.

Yes, you can call 1-800-PRINCES to ask for the reduction. However, if the new price is of the FLASH DEAL FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY type, then you would have to cancel the original booking and start over.

We have gotten as many as three reductions on one cruise this way. Could have gone for four, but decided Princess needed the $25 more than us.

Steve

Yes, you can call Princess and get the lower fare. If the OBC is not offered with the new lower fare, you would lose it. You can't pick part of offer #1 and part of offer #2. So you need to see where the new offer is better for you than what you have.

In addition to the already posted info, recent experience for our cruise sailing soon is that some on our roll call after final payment posted receiving additional onboard credit instead of a price reduction.

There are so many variables for each cruise however it never hurts to call your booking source (TA or Princess) to ask while considering everything already posted.

Edited by Astro Flyer