Poll: Are you OK with new room service charge?

Are you OK with the new room service charges?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Are you OK with the new room service charges?

• I’ve used room service in the past and will continue to use it, regardless of fees charged.
    • I’ve used room service in the past and will use room service less due to fees charged.
    • I’ve used room service in the past and will not use it due to fees charged.
    • I’ve not used room service in the past and am fine with the additional fees charged.
    • I’ve not used room service in the past and do not like the additional fees charged.
    • I do not care either way.

I personally don't care. Only once have I used it and that was just because I wanted to see what it was like. I've always plucked my favorite things from the buffet and left them in the cabin. I'm a smoker so why get coffee delivered, I pick up a big mug of it and head for the smoking area:D

I believe I understand why you posted this poll. However, I won't participate because I believe my answer will not be understood. My family enjoys room service at least once a day while cruising. Next week, we will do so in spite of the new charge because that is part of how we enjoy our cruise vacation. However, I will NOT buy a future cruise credit because at this point I do not know what other services NCL will place a charge upon.

This.

$7.95 really puts the CON in "continental breakfast".

Agree.. Room service is one of the facets to NCL's Freestyle concept. It gives cruisers an option to stay in their room of they wish. Charging cruisers to get that option in my mind trivializes the freestyle concept. Not well thought out with this one.

We travel a fair amount and have never ordered room service when staying in hotels. On cruises, we order room service breakfast daily. Not much, but for us, it's a special treat we enjoy while cruising. I'm guessing we will still order room service while on cruises, because it's one of the many things we truly enjoy while cruising, but we may order less frequently - or not at all - if the fee applies to items we order. Waiting to make a decision until we see the menus.

I have not yet sailed NCL but have sailed HAL a great many times and every cruise have had room service. All cruise lines are adding fees or making cut backs. If I want room service on NCL cruise, I'm okay paying $7.95 for it.

HAL has really good room service menu and I have not yet seen NCL's. If the menu is decent (to my taste), that will matter more to me than the fee.

Edited by sail7seas

I have not yet sailed NCL but have sailed HAL a great many times and every cruise have had room service. All cruise lines are adding fees or making cut backs. If I want room service on NCL cruise, I'm okay paying $7.95 for it.

HAL has really good room service menu and I have not yet seen NCL's. If the menu is decent (to my taste), that will matter more to me than the fee.

NCL's menu pales in comparison.... HAL's room service club sandwich is the best I've ever had, chunks of bird off the bone, not sliced lunchmeat. Oh, and did I mention the shrimp cocktail?

I want to see the new room service menu. With the current menu - no, we would not pay the charge to order something because the selections suck. We've only ordered once or twice ever. But if they start offering a better selection, we'll consider it. If a full breakfast menu was available, I wouldn't have a problem paying a fee to order. $7.95 seems high, but I'd pay it once or twice to have a hot breakfast on our balcony.

I absolutely love the free room service breakfast on HAL. We had it every day of our recent 10-day cruise (in a balcony cabin). HAL's free breakfast is identical to NCL's suite breakfast. Unless NCL makes some major changes/additions to its continental-only breakfast, no way will it be worth $7.95. Actually, I'm pretty sure it won't be worth $7.95 no matter what changes they make.

I used room service when I was ill due not wanting to run back and forth to the buffet to refill NCL's tiny 3 oz teacup to drink hot tea on my last trip. With the fees now, its more of reason to get a 18 oz travel mug and just refill that with less traveling to the buffet. (Winded up buying it today - might as well buy refillables like that and 28oz water bottles to save costs and walking time; which I should had done from the very beginning.:cool:)

For me, it depends. I would NOT pay for the current room service offerings; however, if the fee leads to better offerings through room service, then I would not let it stop me from ordering if there is something I want. I do, however, feel that the fee was poorly communicated/executed, but that is an altogether different issue...