Ultimate Beverage Package question

Junebug08

I've been on Norwegian 5 times and have never had any normal drink go over the $11. The tips are already prepaid but you always have the option of giving the waiter more if you feel like his service was beyond what was expected. This really shouldn't be a concern. Just go and enjoy your cruise!

I've been on Norwegian 5 times and have never had any normal drink go over the $11. The tips are already prepaid but you always have the option of giving the waiter more if you feel like his service was beyond what was expected. This really shouldn't be a concern. Just go and enjoy your cruise!

The tips are prepaid by you. A 7 day cruise will cost you $99 in gratuities. All the other cruise lines don't charge cruisers for gratuities.

Also, the wine by the glass selection stinks. I like a robust red wine and there are NONE on the list. The red wines available are not so great. Another reason we don't select the drink packages.

Hi everyone! Do you know if the tasting glass of Veuve champagne for $9 that is on the Le Bistro menu is covered under the UBP? My guess is no, but can't hurt to ask, right? Thanks in advance!

A Glass Of Bubbly...

Champagne is from France and Prosecco is from Italy.

On our recent NCL cruise, one could purchase Prosecco by the glass,

however Champagne (much more expensive) was only available by the bottle.

IMHO, NCL would not want to open a bottle for you to have ONE glass,

and no one would want to buy an expensive glass of Champagne not knowing if it was from yesterday's bottle.?:cool:

Champagne is from France and Prosecco is from Italy.

On our recent NCL cruise, one could purchase Prosecco by the glass,

however Champagne (much more expensive) was only available by the bottle.

IMHO, NCL would not want to open a bottle for you to have ONE glass, and no one would want to buy an expensive glass of Champagne not knowing if it was from yesterday's bottle.?:cool:

Don't worry, I would know if a glass of champagne was from a day-old bottle. And I wouldn't have any problem complaining I were to be served flat champagne. ;)

When you sign the drink slip, both the drink price and the gratuity will appear on the slip.

Both will be zeroed off your account at the end of the day. Gratuities are included in the package if you received it as a promo. If purchased, gratuities are paid at the time of purchase, so the slip signing works the same regardless.

The entire total is zeroed off as long as the base price of the drink is $11 or less.

UPDATE

LrgPizza posted this in 2015, and it's still true; MOST drinks will be zeroed off.

However, now, with a UBP sticker on your Cabin Card, the entire total is zeroed off,

and they don't even bother asking for a signature; the slip goes in their waste can..

To my point. They would not open a bottle to serve one glass.

If Le Bistro still offers the tasting glass of Veuve for $9 on its menu, they probably assume more than one person will order it each evening and won't be forced to open a bottle to serve one glass.

If Le Bistro still offers the tasting glass of Veuve for $9 on its menu, they probably assume more than one person will order it each evening and won't be forced to open a bottle to serve one glass.

You are correct.

Sorry, I did not notice it being offered.

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know if Gatorade is included in the UBP? Probably sounds like a silly question, but since they don’t include bottled water.....

Between the heat and the drinks, a few Gatorades a day will be a must for me.

TIA for any help with this. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gratuities/service charges used to be included when they first started offering the UBP as a booking perk, but that was a long time ago. The service charge is still included now if you book in some other countries (not in the US).

For the majority of people reading this board (who are primarily Americans and Canadians), you have to pay the 20% service charge if you choose the UBP promo perk.

Also, someone suggested that if you got UBP as a promo, gratuities are included. Mine was a promo, and I had to pay gratuities...which is correct?

Again, this post is 3 years old. Lots of info that is no longer correct. It should be locked!

The UBP will cover up to $15.00 per the NCL site:

Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD during your entire cruise.

Prepaid @ $89.00 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 20% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program

Restrictions apply. Please read the Ultimate Beverage Package Terms & Conditions. Not available for sailings of 2 days or less.

*Effective for Norwegian Sky sailings booked on or after 4/22/15: FREE Ultimate Beverage Package for sailings on or after 1/1/16. See full Terms & Conditions.

An 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added at checkout.

Our last 2 cruises were on NCL and we chose UBP both times. If you have more than 2 drinks or wine each day it is definitely worth it. I suggest getting to know the bartender and occassionly tipping then an extra dollar or two. We got excellent service and generous drinks.