NCLH stock is up

NH Cruisers

$54.01 stock price. Investors must like what NCL is doing.

I have a wait and see attitude. I have two cruises scheduled. Come November I will be able to see for myself how much I like or may dislike any changes.

[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=orange]Less than 60[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] days till Bermuda on the Dawn!!!

[quote name='NH Cruisers']$54.01 stock price. Investors must like what NCL is doing.

I have a wait and see attitude. I have two cruises scheduled. Come November I will be able to see for myself how much I like or may dislike any changes.

[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=orange]Less than 60[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] days till Bermuda on the Dawn!!![/quote]

I'm not a stockbroker or even an investor, so who knows the import of this, but yes, while NCL stock had a nice day yesterday, up 73 cents or almost 1.4 percent, very soon after the market closed (after hours trading) it slumped and the day's gains were more than wiped out. As far as I can tell this drop coincided with Andy Stuart's "webinar." Who really knows why; my guess is he said something that some investors didn't like.

It will be interesting to see how the stock does today.

[quote name='ColinIllinois']Yesterday was end of month/end of 1st quarter rebalancing for investors. Don't read too much into the effect of the current NCL Armageddon Announcements that are viral on this forum.[/quote]

I'd be surprised if NCLH stock price would drop by almost a dollar in after hours trading because of the room service "issue." But I do think the timing of the after hours drop and Andy Stuart's webinar right about the same time is not entirely coincidental. Since I didn't see it, and the only info I've seen reported here was about RS, I don't know what else he might have said that might have spooked some investors.

NCL is taking steps to increase onboard revenue without increasing expenses so of course the investors are going to be happy. Only time will tell if the changes will have an impact on bookings. I know they affected mine for 10/16.

[quote name='sundercruiser']I'm not a stockbroker or even an investor, so who knows the import of this, but yes, while NCL stock had a nice day yesterday, up 73 cents or almost 1.4 percent, very soon after the market closed (after hours trading) it slumped and the day's gains were more than wiped out. As far as I can tell this drop coincided with Andy Stuart's "webinar." Who really knows why; my guess is he said something that some investors didn't like.

It will be interesting to see how the stock does today.[/quote]
54.48 at close today, up .47 cents.

[quote name='NH Cruisers']$54.01 stock price. Investors must like what NCL is doing.

[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=orange]Less than 60[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] days till Bermuda on the Dawn!!![/QUOTE]

Got wait til September or October when the 3rd quarter / summer numbers show if the changes were good or a bad thing to NCL's bottom line.

Speaking purely to future bookings, I don't expect this hoopla to have any negligible effect outside a few internet forums.

In relationship to the cost of a cruise, the increases are minimal and not many outside the forums are going to pay any attention to this.

No relationship can be made between the stock price and the firestorm on here. It's end of the month and end of the quarter. The stock market is a dicey proposition right now, with many significant factors looming over it in regards to consumer confidence.

At least, that's what I think.

[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=orange]Less than 60[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] days till Bermuda on the Dawn!!![/QUOTE]

Sure...that is to be expected.

Suck more money into the coffers = Happy Investors = Increasing Stock Prices.

You only need Customers to take the money from.

[quote name='Kingofwylietx']Speaking purely to future bookings, I don't expect this hoopla to have any negligible effect outside a few internet forums.

In relationship to the cost of a cruise, the increases are minimal and not many outside the forums are going to pay any attention to this.

No relationship can be made between the stock price and the firestorm on here. It's end of the month and end of the quarter. The stock market is a dicey proposition right now, with many significant factors looming over it in regards to consumer confidence.

At least, that's what I think.[/quote]
I totally agree, I started this thread in responce of a few folks here that said NCLH stock took a dive when these changes happened.

[quote name='sundercruiser']I'm not a stockbroker or even an investor, so who knows the import of this, but yes, while NCL stock had a nice day yesterday, up 73 cents or almost 1.4 percent, very soon after the market closed (after hours trading) it slumped and the day's gains were more than wiped out. As far as I can tell this drop coincided with Andy Stuart's "webinar." Who really knows why; my guess is he said something that some investors didn't like.

It will be interesting to see how the stock does today.[/QUOTE]

It went up and for the most part has gone up the entire year. Over last year this time it is gone up about $22.00, from about 32.00 to 54. That is a heck of a good investment it appears.