Be Careful with Courtesy Holds

I did 2 Courtesy Holds this morning for Serenade Jan 2, 2017, 11 night out of Fort Lauderdale and somehow RCI's wonderful website changed the dates to December 12, 2016. This is not my first rodeo, so I know very well to check the dates and the details before confirming the courtesy hold. I went back in and had it happen 5 times in total, it changes January 2, 2017 to December 12, 2016. There is no mistaking that I clicked on January 2, 2017 for that particular cruise since it is on the website all by it's little lonesome, no other cruises in the same spot.

Naturally the prices were less when it converted to Dec 12. I noticed the dates were wrong when I looked at the Reservation Summary. So I double checked my other courtesty hold since I had booked a 3 nighter for Dec 30, 2016 on Enchantment out of Miami, and although it states a 3 nighter, the dates are "Dec 30, 2016 to January 6, 2017" which is definitely NOT 3 nights!

I spoke with Resolutions and they don't believe that there could possibly be a problem with the website, but did tell me to call in to do Courtesy Holds in the future. I did explain that rather than wasting our time as customers, it would be even better if they corrected the problems on their website, or at the very least try not to treat us like we have 12 heads when we contact them about problems with the website :rolleyes:.

We aren't fooled by the BOGO either!

Dee

They must have fixed it because I clicked all the way through to courtesy hold and it was correct. I have had that happen before, many times, on certain cruises. Usually it is when I first select the day. I select and the next page comes up on the wrong date.

I don't think you have to call to book holds, I think that you just have to keep checking, and call when you are unable to book a certain cruise.

Their website is random and diabolical.

I had the same thing happen to me today. I couldn't even get to the courtesy hold and it was giving me problems. Changing the date, not letting me choose another room despite the fact it was showing me a whole list of rooms...very frustrating. I gave up. Maybe I will try again tomorrow!

I have had that happen now and also the past.

One time if I clicked on the one date area- I got a different date but not in another spot on the same web page- then I got the right date.

I wish I could get a courtesy hold trying to book 8 cabins in January 2017. Been waiting since this morning for them to call back. The groups desk said the dining wasn't loaded in the system. They said it would be 20 minutes. That, my friends,was four hours ago. I don't think they should have released itineraries unless they were ready to rock and roll!!

We put a courtesy hold on a cabin that we're going to book tonight for an 8-night cruise on Freedom of the Seas in 2017.

On the confirmation screen, it reports:

Cruise: 8 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Ship Name: Freedom Of The Seas

Departing From: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sail Date: 04-Mar-2017 to 16-Mar-2017

2017 must be a super-anti-leap-year to get 8 nights from March 4 all the way to March 16. :)

I wish I could get a courtesy hold trying to book 8 cabins in January 2017. Been waiting since this morning for them to call back. The groups desk said the dining wasn't loaded in the system. They said it would be 20 minutes. That, my friends,was four hours ago. I don't think they should have released itineraries unless they were ready to rock and roll!!

I have been told many many times that they would call me, including today and I have never ever received a call. I spoke with Resolutions today and found Joanne to be quite abrupt with me actually. She swore up and down that her supervisor Sharon would definitely call me and that was you guessed it, 4 hours ago!

I don't believe that their "IT glitches" as they love to call them are anything more than an excuse which always means things go in their favour. How sad. We are gradually moving more and more to land trips. They are becoming too expensive with their ludicrous raise the price to double and then discount the 2nd fare by half. Give me a break!

We put a courtesy hold on a cabin that we're going to book tonight for an 8-night cruise on Freedom of the Seas in 2017.

On the confirmation screen, it reports:

2017 must be a super-anti-leap-year to get 8 nights from March 4 all the way to March 16. :)

Like I told RCI when I called, I am not crazy, you really need to fix this stuff. Resolution department told me it is because the dates are so far out:rolleyes:. Seriously come on RCI!