Paid upgrade

A month after I booked a D1 balcony I noticed the JS was similar price. I contacted TA and did upgrade for £4.00 extra. I have e mailed C&A and they assured me I would get double points. They explained that if it was an upgrade at a discounted price from them I would not but as I upgraded at the listed price on the web site I would.

Watch the prices everyday when you get close to the date of your cruise, like the last 4-6 weeks. If the price drops and the rooms are available, you can call and pay a small difference, sometimes it's gratis! I called the other day and was able to upgrade from a balcony to a JS for a total of $1.99.

That also gives you double C&A points! Alrighty then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watch the prices everyday when you get close to the date of your cruise, like the last 4-6 weeks. If the price drops and the rooms are available, you can call and pay a small difference, sometimes it's gratis! I called the other day and was able to upgrade from a balcony to a JS for a total of $1.99.

That also gives you double C&A points! Alrighty then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This kills me, I did the same exact thing, I initiated the call, saw the better price on a JS versus my balcony... the customer service was clueless (as most that I seem to get on the phone) and said there was nothing he could do for me, nor would talk to anyone else about making me an offer to upgrade? U think considering a Diamond member makes the effort they would at least talk to a supervisor and make me an offer??

We received a phone upsale offer 14 days before sailing for a suite but I can't remember which suite. We were already in a GS that we had picked so we declined.

That two week date is coming up for me soon. I'll be sure to report if I see an email or get a phone call. I get a text on my cell phone for every call to my home phone, so I will be watching. I'm in a hand picked d1 right now, I think the JS the last I checked was about $1k more because we booked a year ago when the BOGOHO was a real sale.

So, today the advertised price on a JS on my cruise is 1979.14 (fees included), which is under $400 more than I paid for my balcony cabin. I called and asked for a paid upgrade. The price quote I received from "customer service" was over $4000.00 for a JS. She told me that was the best she could do for me and talking to a supervisor would not help.

Absolute craziness... and yes, total #WOW Royal!

Not a happy Diamond member

So, today the advertised price on a JS on my cruise is 1979.14 (fees included), which is under $400 more than I paid for my balcony cabin. I called and asked for a paid upgrade. The price quote I received from "customer service" was over $4000.00 for a JS. She told me that was the best she could do for me and talking to a supervisor would not help.

If that price is listed on the website and is not one of today's C and A sales I would take a screen shot of it and try calling C and A. I would ask for the Resolution Dept if they can't help you.

We're having quite a discussion on our Hawaii Legend roll call which sails 14 May. There are still around 40 balconies available not to mention 6 JS an OS and GS left, and we've had several reductions in fare and still not many takers. If we're high enough in line, I see an offer coming withing the next 10 days or so, but some on our board don't think anyone at RCCL or C&A knows anything about this.

Several of us have inquired at C&A and they have played dumb about this promotion. My call resulted in a "Just hurry up and wait" answer. Don't think they can hold out much longer to filler up. Sure hope so!

Booked my first cruise with RCL over the weekend and am reading this thread with interest. Our cruise is not until April 2016. When you say that the pricing for the higher category rooms dropped below your current booked room, do you mean that it has dropped from what you originally paid? I am still a bit confused about how to look for price drops and what to compare them to. And where do you find price drops? Do you go on the website and try to make a new reservation to see what price shows up?

There are many restrictions with some of the pricing. For example, if you see a higher cabin at the same or lower price, but says new booking only, you probably won't be able to get the new cabin. But if you notice that it is $1.00 or so more, you likely will be able to upsell as that trumps the new booking only sales rules, silly as that is. I've done this many, many times.

I've been upgraded years ago from insides to oceanviews with no status, to pretty nice auto upgrades since making D+. I do more upsells to better categories, than complimentary upgrades though.

On occassion, I am specific about a cabin, then i make sure I remove my auto upgrade preference; because I have been upgraded with no notice to a voice mail message. Its rare, but certain sailing I must have specific cabins.

I've been upgraded years ago from insides to oceanviews with no status, to pretty nice auto upgrades since making D+. I do more upsells to better categories, than complimentary upgrades though.

Wow, lucky you! In 27 RCCL cruises - and Diamond Plus - I have never received an upgrade or upsell or received an e-mail. Boo Hoo :(

Had one last year, Navigator, December 7.

I'd booked at a last minute "special" about 30dys out, got PR for $395pp. Well pleased with that then about a week before sailing I got an email saying if you want a balcony give us a call. So I did ! She said pick any open balcony for $140pp, so I pulled up the deckplans as she read off some open cabin numbers.

Result was we got a D2 for something around $540pp:)

Edited by pspercy