Monitoring for price falls

Hi all,

We booked our first cruise today since our last cruise in 2010! We've had 2 kids since then so our party size is now 4 instead of 2!

Anyway we've jumped to book a Family Ocean View Stateroom on July 2nd 2016 cruise on IOS when it became available. We've been monitoring prices since they came out a few weeks ago but this cabin type wasn't available until now. Cabin number is 7500.

My question is - does anyone have any good tips on how we can monitor the price of this room type (with credits for price falls in mind) when it isn't normally available to buy online? Now that we've snapped up cabin 7500, that room type isn't available online again. I understand you normally have to ring up to get that room type?

Thanks

Jon

There are very few family cabins and you normally have to have 5 to book which is why they don't appear online or on the monitoring sites. It looks like they dropped the occupancy requirements and you grabbed the last one.

Once the room category is sold out there are no price drops to be had.

Hi all,

We booked our first cruise today since our last cruise in 2010! We've had 2 kids since then so our party size is now 4 instead of 2!

Anyway we've jumped to book a Family Ocean View Stateroom on July 2nd 2016 cruise on IOS when it became available. We've been monitoring prices since they came out a few weeks ago but this cabin type wasn't available until now. Cabin number is 7500.

My question is - does anyone have any good tips on how we can monitor the price of this room type (with credits for price falls in mind) when it isn't normally available to buy online? Now that we've snapped up cabin 7500, that room type isn't available online again. I understand you normally have to ring up to get that room type?

Thanks

Jon

Jon

You can monitor the price but if you live in the UK RC will not give you OBC for any price drop, the only way would be to cancel and rebook but you would lose your deposits doing this do would need a very large unlikely drop in price.

Fingers crossed ehhh.

Dave

Hi all,

Thanks

Jon

If I understand your question, you can't really monitor a price drop for a cabin level that doesn't have any in inventory. If there is no more Family OceanView Staterooms available, then there won't be any price given. The only thing you can do is upgrade to another cabin type if the price on those drops.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to clarify a few of the points made:

- I've not booked through the UK so believe I'm entitled to price fall credits

- I'm not sure if the room type is really "sold out". It just isn't available online very often, and you normally have to ring up to get these types is my understanding. They then seem to release them now and again online. This is why I'm keen to see if there's a way of monitoring the price without ringing up all the time (which I won't be bothering with). If there's no place to monitor the room price (even though it's not available to book) then that's fine. If the room type truly is sold out only a few weeks after going on sale then I have been really lucky!!!

Thanks

Jon

Due to its rarity and perhaps demand there might not be any price changes. The monitoring site many folks on CC use does list that category but I checked more than 20 sailings Including yours) and most of them show a blank. The few that show a price are strike-through, meaning that the site caught a price briefly and then it is sold out. I think you've discovered a somewhat unique situation in which the normal price monitoring that works for all other categories does not apply to this particular one.

BTW, where prices were available they ranged from a low of 831 to over 1200 pp. As usual the prices were lower off season and highest during the summer.