Party split between suite and non-suite

bigAWL

So I'll be sailing on the Jade in October with my family of 5 in a suite. My father will join us in an inside cabin. Are there any suite amenities/benefits that he can take advantage of with us?

I'm thinking of...

• Priority boarding and disembarkation, and tendering?
  • Breakfast or lunch at Cagney's?
  • Can he be included in reservations made by our concierge?

Anyone have this experience?

So I'll be sailing on the Jade in October with my family of 5 in a suite. My father will join us in an inside cabin. Are there any suite amenities/benefits that he can take advantage of with us?

I'm thinking of...

Maybe

NO

Maybe

Harriet

I'm thinking of...

There is another thread with the same question on the first page.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment for your Father.

Open can.....remove worms.

Sorry. I'm new to these boards, and realize there are always land mines out there. I'll try to tread carefully.

I had to go alllllllllllllllll the way back to yesterday to find a similar thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2191931

Oops. Really not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

Maybe

NO

Maybe

Harriet

Thanks for the feedback. We'll ask at the port.

What, your not asking if he can join you in the Haven too?

We're not in a Haven suite, mainly because we figured it would be hard to enjoy without my dad there, too. I didn't even think to ask that one, and had a good feeling that Cagney's was out, too. But really want to know if the concierge reservation service is going to be any use to us if they can't include my father in the arrangements. So, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask what others have experienced. No offense intended.

I'm thinking of...

Hi not sure about priority boarding, but it is a no for Cagney's,but he most certainly can come up as your guest into the Haven, people have guest all the time in their Suites and they are not family.

I'm thinking of...

are you on the Transatlantic by any chance? I will be doing the Jade too in October 29. We will be in a picture window ocean view stateroom. I think he can be invited to your suite however i don't think he is able to use the same perks you have.

You can make reservations, with the Concierge, that include your father. The Concierge only needs a number of people to be included in the reservation. You will find your Concierge to be quite flexible is assisting you, but there are limits as to what he/she can do.

Enjoy!

I'm thinking of...

Disembarkation and tendering are almost always a yes. Boarding is usually a no, but depending on how many suite guests there are and the concierge there is a slim chance.

Cagney's is a no.

The concierge will make reservations for any number you ask within reason.

Enjoy your cruise.

This sounds cruel, but if Dad is in an inside, it's the lowest class to sail in, but you want the perks you get from a suite to be given to him:eek: Why did you not make better arrangements for him?

Actually, the suite seems to be the lowest class cabin that would comfortably fit my family of five. The inside cabin we're looking at is across the hall from the suite, so we can be in close proximity. There is a connecting mini-suite for my dad, I guess, but it's twice as expensive and would not add any of our amenities either. Really, he couldn't care less. We just want to enjoy our vacation together as best we can.

are you on the Transatlantic by any chance? I will be doing the Jade too in October 29. We will be in a picture window ocean view stateroom. I think he can be invited to your suite however i don't think he is able to use the same perks you have.

Not on the Transatlantic, unfortunately. I'd love to try one of those some day. We're doing Greece earlier in the month.

Anyway, it sounds like some think the concierge services may be flexible enough, so that's potentially good news. Thanks to you all for the information.

Edited by bigAWL

Heck, adding him to our suite (we're only using 5 of the available 6 beds in the suite) would only add a couple hundred bucks. I'd happily pay that additional fee for his suite perks and then pay for an inside cabin so he has his own place to stay. Anyone know if this is possible?

[

"Not on the Transatlantic, unfortunately. I'd love to try one of those some day. We're doing Greece earlier in the month."

Oh My Transatlantics are the best if you ever have the chance i recommend you doing one. First you must like long sea days otherwise if you don't you will find yourself getting bored. Usually, they are cheaper because less port charges. We always do transatlantic coming back from Europe, you arrive here (U.S) more refreshed less tired than if you do the ones leaving the U.S. Good for you for adding your dad to your suite. Have fun...

Edited by qtaromar1970

That also is a probably. Used to be you couldn't have one person booked in two rooms. It appears now it might be possible if you have a suite. Give NCL a call and explain. If the answer is no, ask for a supervisor. You might be able to pull this one off! Good luck.

That also is a probably. Used to be you couldn't have one person booked in two rooms. It appears now it might be possible if you have a suite. Give NCL a call and explain. If the answer is no, ask for a supervisor. You might be able to pull this one off! Good luck.

I think I read here someone did that and for the same reason.:D

Double booking is a definite no no now. We did this for our January 2015 Getaway and nearly had everything canceled out from under us.

Our friends PCC stated that NCL will no longer allow double bookings to take advantage of suite perks.

You can join your father in the MDR for breakfast to be together.

You can wait in line for the tender with your dad to be together.

you can board in the regular line to be with your Dad together.

People who pay for suites get suite perks, people who pay for inside cabins do not and it's disrespectful to even ask. You get what you pay for or we would all book the cheapest inside cabin ( and know somebody in a suite) and request the suite perks.

It's very simple, you want suite perks you book a suite.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Many have said Cagney's is definitely a no. I'm just curious if this is a recent policy. As I said in the other thread yesterday when we were on the Spirit in 2009 we were sailing with a group, one couple had a deluxe PH suite, and were able to get a number of perks for the entire group, including us all sitting in reserved seating for shows, and getting at least 10 of us into Cagney's for a breakfast on the last sea day. That was our first cruise, so I didn't really know anything about it at the time, we were just showing up where we were told to show up.

That was also a group booked directly through NCL (where the PH people were the organizers of the group) so that might have had something to do with it.

I'm not trying to say that it should be this way, I understand why perks are held for suite/haven guests only. I'm just curious if this has been a recent change since we experienced it.

We just want to enjoy our vacation together as best we can.

Sound like we have zeroed in on the purpose of your original question.

While you cannot simply extend the suite amenities that you (and all other suite guests) PAID to have. There is no reason and/or rule that prevents you from being together.

Once you check in, you can join your father in the general boarding area so that you can walk onto the ship together.

Once onboard, you can have breakfast and/or lunch in either the MDR (when open) or in the buffet so that you can all eat together.

As for shows and events, you can simply come as a group and select any available seats in the needed quantity so that you can enjoy the shows together.

If enjoy in your vacation together is the goal, then you'll have no problem being together.

It only hits the fan when "together" means "in the suite-only area that the guest(s) have paid for".

When people on HAL forum ask about non-suite family or friends joining them for embarkation, the response they sometimes get is you do not HAVE to use your priority embark. You can wait and join your Dad for his embarkation. It's only a suggestion.....

Sorry. I'm new to these boards, and realize there are always land mines out there. I'll try to tread carefully.

Oops. Really not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll ask at the port.

We're not in a Haven suite, mainly because we figured it would be hard to enjoy without my dad there, too. I didn't even think to ask that one, and had a good feeling that Cagney's was out, too. But really want to know if the concierge reservation service is going to be any use to us if they can't include my father in the arrangements. So, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask what others have experienced. No offense intended.

You just have too verlock the rudeness of some people on this board.Yes if you are using the Congire for Reservations etc he or she will be glad to do it for the number of people in your party, even your Dad...again you were just asking a question lighting up people....

Technically no but if you have a nice concierge he or she might let dad tag along and participate in some of the suite perks

I know on the Breakaway they are strict about who comes and goes in the haven

I think that goes for most ships

However, I do know of a concierge who let someone not in a suite participate in the suite life with traveling companions who were in a suite

But my lips are sealed who that was lol

Edited by maxwellito

Heck, adding him to our suite (we're only using 5 of the available 6 beds in the suite) would only add a couple hundred bucks. I'd happily pay that additional fee for his suite perks and then pay for an inside cabin so he has his own place to stay. Anyone know if this is possible?

You if I were you I would just call NCL and check how you could do that, you would avoid getting conflicting answers. Hope it works out for all involved ,