Regal mini- fridge & Splenda?

big al

Hi all..question about the mini fridges on the new Regal Princess: are they COLD, or room temp? Are they stocked, and if so, is it the kind that charges you as as soon as you move a bottle? I need a cold mini fridge for my meds...also, is there SPLENDA on board? Thanks to all!!

Big Al

Hi all..question about the mini fridges on the new Regal Princess: are they COLD, or room temp? Are they stocked, and if so, is it the kind that charges you as as soon as you move a bottle? I need a cold mini fridge for my meds...also, is there SPLENDA on board? Thanks to all!!

Big Al

Just off the Regal yesterday, mini-fridge is much like you will see at any hotel chain. It is cold enough to keep your drinks in for sure. They do stock it with a few cans of pop and water, if you bring your own drinks just remove theirs and leave it on the desk, we did.

Big Al

On the Regal it was not very cold.

Some times they are sometimes not, don't count on it being really cold.

They do not stock it. If you want sodas, water, etc there is a card to fill out for RS.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

They do stock it with a few cans of pop and water, if you bring your own drinks just remove theirs and leave it on the desk, we did.

On all my Princess cruises I have never seen the fridge stocked with mini bar items. Probably were left over from the previous occupant. As Elites we receive the mini bar set up and if anything is left over we just leave it in the fridge. In the past I have seen a two bottles of water on the desk with a price on them, but nothing recently.

If the fridge isn't cold check the vents. Sometimes they are blocked by curtains or other items thus preventing the heat to escape. Also make sure the door is fully closed and the temp. setting knob (if there is one) is at it's lowest. Ice is available all the time and meds in a plastic bag can be placed in the ice bucket in the fridge. I have not seen a freezer area in the fridge.

On all my Princess cruises I have never seen the fridge stocked with mini bar items. Probably were left over from the previous occupant. As Elites we receive the mini bar set up and if anything is left over we just leave it in the fridge. In the past I have seen a two bottles of water on the desk with a price on them, but nothing recently.

For liability reasons Stewart should not be leaving anything left by other passengers in the fridge.

Just off the Regal yesterday, mini-fridge is much like you will see at any hotel chain. It is cold enough to keep your drinks in for sure. They do stock it with a few cans of pop and water, if you bring your own drinks just remove theirs and leave it on the desk, we did.

On the Regal it was not very cold.

Some times they are sometimes not, don't count on it being really cold.

They do not stock it. If you want sodas, water, etc there is a card to fill out for RS.

Thanks, both of you..another question: does the A/C make a slight humming noise, or is it quiet, or loud? I actually like the slight noise from the fan, it lulls me to sleep & blocks out noise from other cabins or the hallway...Thanks again!

Big Al

Thanks, both of you..another question: does the A/C make a slight humming noise, or is it quiet, or loud? I actually like the slight noise from the fan, it lulls me to sleep & blocks out noise from other cabins or the hallway...Thanks again!

Big Al

No noise that I have ever heard. I actually have to put my hand up to the ceiling vent to make sure its on. ;)

There will be cans of soda and a bottle of water in the cabin for sale. They may in the Fridge or they may not.

It is not like a hotel fridge where when you remove an item you are charged, so if the items are in there, you can just place them on a counter if you wish.

There is a dial to control the temp of the fridge. If the fridge is too warm, check the dial to make sure it is all the way at cool. I would not expect much lower than 40 degrees F in it.

Princess will have their own version of Splenda.

905a051211Availablesugarsubstitutes100_1134_zpsb13027dc.jpg

Edited by caribill

There will be cans of soda and a bottle of water in the cabin for sale. They may in the Fridge or they may not.

It is not like a hotel fridge where when you remove an item you are charged, so if the items are in there, you can just place them on a counter if you wish.

There is a dial to control the temp of the fridge. If the fridge is too warm, check the dial to make sure it is all the way at cool. I would not expect much lower than 40 degrees F in it.

Princess will have their own version of Splenda.

905a051211Availablesugarsubstitutes100_1134_zpsb13027dc.jpg

Thanks!!