Boarding time for golden now pushed to 1.30

mrstmaxx

The 3-29 Golden sailing did not start boarding until 12:45. I am glad I did not try to get there early. Never was notified ahead of time and never found out why they were late.

Also, they changed my cabin at check in. Never notified me that this would happen.

Does this happen often on Princess?

[quote name=Willman;46180562

Also' date=' they changed my cabin at check in. Never notified me that this would happen.

Does this happen often on Princess?[/quote]

If it was an unexpected upgrade, yes, that does happen.

If it was another cabin in the same category (example both BF), then that is unusual.

The 3-29 Golden sailing did not start boarding until 12:45. I am glad I did not try to get there early. Never was notified ahead of time and never found out why they were late.

Also, they changed my cabin at check in. Never notified me that this would happen.

Cabin change notification emails might have gone into your junk mail or to your TA.

I try to check my cabin the night before a cruise just to make sure it hasn't changed. We usually book guarantees, and lately Princess has waited until closer to the cruise to assign us.

If it was an unexpected upgrade, yes, that does happen.

If it was another cabin in the same category (example both BF), then that is unusual.

It was an inside to inside upgrade. Initially I was concerned because it is located next to a mid-ship elevator shaft. However, it was a cheap 3 night cruise and the location turned out to be great with no elevator noise.

Changing ones cabin last at check-in could really upset many control types on these boards (I am one).

They don't change cabins at check in, it would have been changed a day or 2 earlier. Although closed to updates by the passenger you can check on cabin assignment the personalizer up to sailing day by reviewing the travel summary/Boarding pass/baggage tags links.

Edited by Colo Cruiser