Carnival stock upgraded this morning

DaveOKC

I'm trying to convince DH that we should buy 100 shares since we have 3 cruises booked with HAL at the moment, all 14+ days so we're looking at $750 in OBC between the 3 of them. On a good note, the stock dropped over $4 since I first broached the subject about 10 days ago so in "my" mind anyway, we're up $400 already. :p

My question is - do they limit the amount of OBC they'll pay you per year or is it unlimited?

You can collect as many OBC's as you want each year.. No limit.. We've often collected two in one year.. Go for it.. We're so glad we did.. Don't forget that they are also paying dividends each quarter..:)

You can collect as many OBC's as you want each year.. No limit.. We've often collected two in one year.. Go for it.. We're so glad we did.. Don't forget that they are also paying dividends each quarter..:)

I haven't researched their dividends history yet. Do you know what percentage they've been averaging by any chance?

Oops - too late to edit my last post.

Wondering if they have always paid these same levels of OBC ($250 for 14+ days, etc.) that I'm seeing today or does that vary from year to year?

And is it always combinable with any promotion?

Thanks again.

Edited by zelker

"JPMorgan Chase—Bernstein raised its rating on the bank's shares to "outperform" from "market perform," saying it looks attractively valued and pointing to a 2.9-percent dividend yield, among other factors."

Stock up almost $1 this morning based on the above upgrade. This stock is up 60% since I bought it 2 years ago, plus I have gotten over $700 in OBC (on $3000 in stock) in that time (plus a 3.3% dividend - based on my cost). Best investment I ever made!

Thanks Holland America/Carnival!

Thank you for the information.

HAL doesn't accept CCL OBC requests by email any longer. See the Shareholder Benefit link above. When I asked them about it - HAL said it was a security issue.

We just received our credit by email request last week

We sent an attachment with statement showing shares

And sailing info

Had confirmation back same day

And credit showing on our account by the morning

Quick and easy !

HAL doesn't accept CCL OBC requests by email any longer. See the Shareholder Benefit link above. When I asked them about it - HAL said it was a security issue.

They must be faxed or snail-mailed. Also the statements have to be current within the last 6 (I think) months of embarkaction so there is no real point in mailing the in until you have a booking on a departure within 6 months.

Oops - too late to edit my last post.

Wondering if they have always paid these same levels of OBC ($250 for 14+ days, etc.) that I'm seeing today or does that vary from year to year?

And is it always combinable with any promotion?

Thanks again.

The levels have been the same for at least the last several years.

And it is combinable.

WOW...The stock closed at $46.16 today.. Think our Broker thought we were nuts when we called to make the initial investment of 100 shares..:D:D:D:D

Wish we had purchased more than 100 shares, when it was in the teens..

Edited by serendipity1499

Hang on a minute. How much credit does a passenger get? It was our understanding that we'd get $100 per cruise, regardless of how long the cruise was. If B2B, then we receive $100 for each segment. That's what we've received all these years.

Can someone please verify? One poster mentioned $750 OBC as a result of Carnival stock. Wow! A heck of a lot more than we've ever received. Am I misreading? Recently, HAL rep informed us we'd receive $100 for each leg (two legs) of our upcoming 24-day Med cruise. According to some posters, we should receive more, is this correct? Thanks to anyone who can help out.

Hang on a minute. How much credit does a passenger get? It was our understanding that we'd get $100 per cruise, regardless of how long the cruise was. If B2B, then we receive $100 for each segment. That's what we've received all these years.

Can someone please verify? One poster mentioned $750 OBC as a result of Carnival stock. Wow! A heck of a lot more than we've ever received. Am I misreading? Recently, HAL rep informed us we'd receive $100 for each leg (two legs) of our upcoming 24-day Med cruise. According to some posters, we should receive more, is this correct? Thanks to anyone who can help out.

It really depends on how you are booked and how long your voyage is. This is the link to what and how it gets paid

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/14/140690/shareben.pdf

If you do a back 2 Back that are each 14 days and longer and book with two different booking numbers you can get $250 for each. You have to figure out what combination works best, but then again if you are booking a 30 direct with HAL it may be cheaper cruise wise.

Great news, for sure. We're in the camp who bought it at $30 and definitely very happy with it. I believe we've received just under $1000 OBC (and knowing many of you that's on the low end!) + the dividend & stock price increase. When it comes time to sell, it will also signal the end of my cruising days as I intend to keep it until then.

Impossible to get $750 OBC for Carnival stock.. You have to be misreading the post..

But if you had two cruises of 14 days each Back to Back & you paid full fare for both, with two different booking numbers you might be able to get $250 X 2 Total $500 but not sure..

Also depends if your cruise was on one or two booking numbers: If it is on one booking number you should receive $250 OBC..

No one would ever get $750 in OBC from Carnival Stock for one cruise, but they could have carnival stock OBC of $250 & HAL & Travel Agent OBC of $500 more which would be a total of $750..

For each cruise under one booking number the OBC is as follows:

On board credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or more it is: $250

On board credit per stateroom of sailings 7 days up to 13 days is $100

On board credit per stateroom of sailings of 6 days or LESS is $50

You have to apply for it at least two weeks prior to departure..[/B]

Since we purchased our Carnival Stock in 2010 we have collected over $1600 in OBC's for 7 cruises & Over $400 in dividends..

I'm trying to convince DH that we should buy 100 shares since we have 3 cruises booked with HAL at the moment, all 14+ days so we're looking at $750 in OBC between the 3 of them. On a good note, the stock dropped over $4 since I first broached the subject about 10 days ago so in "my" mind anyway, we're up $400 already. :p

My question is - do they limit the amount of OBC they'll pay you per year or is it unlimited?

Impossible to get $750 OBC for Carnival stock.. You have to be misreading the post..

But if you had two cruises of 14 days each Back to Back & you paid full fare for both, with two different booking numbers you might be able to get $250 X 2 Total $500 but not sure..

Also depends if your cruise was on one or two booking numbers: If it is on one booking number you should receive $250 OBC..

No one would ever get $750 in OBC from Carnival Stock, but they could have carnival stock OBC of $250 & HAL & Travel Agent OBC of $500 more which would be a total of $750..

You have to apply for it at least two weeks prior to departure..[/B]

Since we purchased our Carnival Stock in 2010 we have collected over $1600 in OBC's for 7 cruises & Over $400 in dividends..

the post that talked about $750 in credits was for 3 different cruises at $250 each

Thru a variety of promotions, I have $700 in OBC for an upcoming 11 day cruise.

Rich

the post that talked about $750 in credits was for 3 different cruises at $250 each

Thru a variety of promotions, I have $700 in OBC for an upcoming 11 day cruise.

Rich

Exactly!

As I said in my post it's impossible to get $750 in OBC on one cruise just for Carnival stock ... The Person who quoted this misread it..

That's why I explained it that you can have $750 OBC on one cruise but only the max of $250 for your Carnival stock, and Rich in your case on a 11 day cruise you will only have $100 for your Carnival stock & $600 OBC from another source....Thanks Rich for confirming my example..

I agree that Zelker should purchase the stock to start getting the OBC..I waited much too long to do it but finally bit the bullet in 2010..It will take a bit longer to recoup your monies but if anyone plans to take a couple of cruises a year, it's certainly worth it..

• 1 month later...

If you are only able to get $100 for each leg of your 24 day cruise (2 legs) you actually are being gypped! You should receive $250 for your 24 day cruise!

The rule says any cruise under one booking number of 14 days or more is $250OBC..

If they are counting legs then we were gypped on our 68 day cruise in 2013 as it was sold as several more than two legs/segments & we only received $250 OBC for our Carnival stock...

Rule Follows:

You have to apply for it at least two weeks prior to departure..[/

Okay, so we purchased our stock yesterday. :)(My DH did it online through his account) so......how will I go about getting my OBC??? Thanks for any advice!

Tanya

Go to this site: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

There is a link on that page that gives you instructions on how to apply for the benefit.

If the ave link does not work, Google "carnival cruise line shareholder benefit" and it should come up at the top of the results.