Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Our towel animal tonight was a snake. I say was because I had DS destroy it while I was out of the cabin. I HATE snakes.

We received a note on our bed tonight that said routine maintenance on the balcony will be done tomorrow between 8 and 5 and they will need access through our cabin, they also said that we are welcome to stay in our cabin but it is not necessary. We could reschedule by 11 tonight but it was after 10 when we came back to our cabin after collecting DD and DS from Club HAL. Tomorrow we are in Puerto Vallarta so it is unlikely we will he staying in our cabin all day. Good luck trying to access our balcony when the sofa bed is out. Somehow I don't think they will be climbing over the pull out bed with all their gear!

My thought was why don't they give Lizzie68 hot water instead of working on our balconies?

DH also went to the front desk to request a lock for the balcony door. The front desk is sending someone to verify that there is, in fact, no key in the lock. What a waste of time. We have no keys for any lock in this stateroom, side tables included. I just noticed that yesterday. But with DH departing on Monday I want to be able to lock the balcony door.

We had dinner in the PG tonight. It started out lovely. We were seated in the side room in one of the corners. But before our main course could arrive a table of 8 arrived and it took no time for us to feel we were crashing a private party. They were crass, loud and obnoxious. When asked how we were enjoying our meal DH said it was lovely until this party arrived and now we couldn't hear ourselves think. Topics they covered included contents of haggis (and he was wrong in his description of what it was), sucking marrow from bones, comparing escargot to poop, politics and eating the bowel of pigs. By then I had had enough and the manager was kind enough to move us into the main room where we could enjoy each others company and finish our meal in peace.

We will request our tiles tomorrow since we were not invited to one of the luncheons.

I hope they have a heck of a time getting to your balcony. I simply don't understand why they can't narrow it down to a few hour window. They did the same thing to me on the Noordam. That's a bit nuts about the keys not being in your door. That a safety issue with kids in the room. I do realize yours are older but still.

1of4 - the lady that is at our table for dinner was very upset that we were not invited to either of the lunches (which is as ok because DH wouldn't have wanted to go) - but she was going to demand to know why ALL the mariners would not be invited to it since they pretty much have been in the past. [emoji12]. If she gets a response I'll let you know

Like you, we are not upset about it either as DD and DS do not like set menus. While in the library yesterday a woman asked why we were not going and she got upset that we did not get an invitation. She said that there is going to be another lunch on Sunday. Even if there is another we won't go for the same reason. We will ask for our tiles today.

I hope they have a heck of a time getting to your balcony. I simply don't understand why they can't narrow it down to a few hour window. They did the same thing to me on the Noordam. That's a bit nuts about the keys not being in your door. That a safety issue with kids in the room. I do realize yours are older but still.

I agree with you. I said to DH they have been opening all the dividers on the balconies every port this week so not sure why they have to come through the cabins all of a sudden. There is no way they can access our balcony until the room is made up.

You are right about the safety factor about no lock on the door. I thought all doors didn't have keys until the cabin crawl yesterday. It seems for every issue they have to verify that the passenger is telling the truth. I guess they have had a bunch of exaggerations in the past maybe??

Our towel animal tonight was a snake. I say was because I had DS destroy it while I was out of the cabin. I HATE snakes.

We received a note on our bed tonight that said routine maintenance on the balcony will be done tomorrow between 8 and 5 and they will need access through our cabin, they also said that we are welcome to stay in our cabin but it is not necessary. We could reschedule by 11 tonight but it was after 10 when we came back to our cabin after collecting DD and DS from Club HAL. Tomorrow we are in Puerto Vallarta so it is unlikely we will he staying in our cabin all day. Good luck trying to access our balcony when the sofa bed is out. Somehow I don't think they will be climbing over the pull out bed with all their gear!

My thought was why don't they give Lizzie68 hot water instead of working on our balconies?

DH also went to the front desk to request a lock for the balcony door. The front desk is sending someone to verify that there is, in fact, no key in the lock. What a waste of time. We have no keys for any lock in this stateroom, side tables included. I just noticed that yesterday. But with DH departing on Monday I want to be able to lock the balcony door.

We had dinner in the PG tonight. It started out lovely. We were seated in the side room in one of the corners. But before our main course could arrive a table of 8 arrived and it took no time for us to feel we were crashing a private party. They were crass, loud and obnoxious. When asked how we were enjoying our meal DH said it was lovely until this party arrived and now we couldn't hear ourselves think. Topics they covered included contents of haggis (and he was wrong in his description of what it was), sucking marrow from bones, comparing escargot to poop, politics and eating the bowel of pigs. By then I had had enough and the manager was kind enough to move us into the main room where we could enjoy each others company and finish our meal in peace.

We will request our tiles tomorrow since we were not invited to one of the luncheons.

That is a shame that you were not invited to one of the brunches.

Glad the Pinnacle manager moved you to another table. It is terrible the way some people act and talk.

I will try to post a couple of crocodile photos from the Tarcoles River in Costa Rica. About 10 of us took the river cruise on Jacqui's tour, which included the zip lines, butterfly farm, etc.77b1aca5a5a5f555ba8b35e04fb6e9d4.jpg6bf78565f0c68e8e6106bb630253e18d.jpg

Mumsysailor was our croc-spotter, and she did a very good job, better than the guide!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great pictures of the crocodile.

That is a shame that you were not invited to one of the brunches.

Glad the Pinnacle manager moved you to another table. It is terrible the way some people act and talk.

What was running through our minds was imagine if DS or DD acted the same way :eek:. Loud and obnoxious. We would be told very quickly that their behavior was not acceptable.

Re the lack of a key in 1 of 4's balcony door--- when we arrived in our cabin the first day the key was bent over so it would not work. My first request to have a new key went nowhere so after two days I went to the front desk and said I felt very uneasy going to sleep in a cabin with an unlocked balcony door.

The nice lady at the desk assured me that there was no safety issue as only the stewards could open the balcony partitions. My reply was that I knew what happened on the Nieuw Amsterdam and I wanted a key because I wanted to feel safe. That was the end of the discussion and we had a new key within hours.

Reading all the adventures that the Sail Away gang has done, there is no way DH and I could keep up with them.

Don't feel bad----we can hardly keep up with ourselves:D. I have never been on a cruise before where there seemed to be something going on all the time. It has gone by so quickly and has been so much fun.

I have never attended a medallion ceremony with a large noisy cheering section before. People probably wondered where on Earth we all came from and why loud cheering broke out for a few medal recipients.

Reading all the adventures that the Sail Away gang has done, there is no way DH and I could keep up with them.

We go at our own pace but there is always something happening. This is the best and most friendly roll call group ever. Lots of fun!

Forgot to report that we went to the Canale tto 2 nights ago. It was nice but way too much food.

Just docked at PV and there is a very noisy parrot right below our balcony.

Hot water this morning!!!

I will try to post a couple of crocodile photos from the Tarcoles River in Costa Rica. About 10 of us took the river cruise on Jacqui's tour, which included the zip lines, butterfly farm, etc.77b1aca5a5a5f555ba8b35e04fb6e9d4.jpg6bf78565f0c68e8e6106bb630253e18d.jpg

Mumsysailor was our croc-spotter, and she did a very good job, better than the guide!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks Vict0riann :)

great pics!

looks like it was an interesting time!

If we hadn't "done it before" we would have gone. The only reason we didn't.

nice to hear you had good sightings as one of the HAL shore excursions did not!

Edited by kazu

I can't understand why the pics are so small. I did just what I did the last time, just with 2 instead of one. Maybe it's just as well! If 1of4 doesn't like snakes she might not like crocodiles either, and this way she doesn't have to enlarge them. I'll have to try another sometime and see if Tapatalk makes it bigger.

Re the lack of a key in 1 of 4's balcony door--- when we arrived in our cabin the first day the key was bent over so it would not work. My first request to have a new key went nowhere so after two days I went to the front desk and said I felt very uneasy going to sleep in a cabin with an unlocked balcony door.

The nice lady at the desk assured me that there was no safety issue as only the stewards could open the balcony partitions. My reply was that I knew what happened on the Nieuw Amsterdam and I wanted a key because I wanted to feel safe. That was the end of the discussion and we had a new key within hours.

Wow. There has also been stories of nut cases crawling from balcony to balcony. If they are stupid enough to do something like that, who knows what they would do. Sounds like the usual stellar bunch at the front desk.

Don't feel bad----we can hardly keep up with ourselves:D. I have never been on a cruise before where there seemed to be something going on all the time. It has gone by so quickly and has been so much fun.

I have never attended a medallion ceremony with a large noisy cheering section before. People probably wondered where on Earth we all came from and why loud cheering broke out for a few medal recipients.

You should have heard the one for POA 100 day medal. There was some random dude that was cheering everyone on. It was quite funny.

Edited by cruz chic

I can't understand why the pics are so small. I did just what I did the last time, just with 2 instead of one. Maybe it's just as well! If 1of4 doesn't like snakes she might not like crocodiles either, and this way she doesn't have to enlarge them. I'll have to try another sometime and see if Tapatalk makes it bigger.

The pics are not small for me. I think they are a bit towards the large size but I like that.

Great pics BTW. :)

Wow. There has also been stories of nut cases crawling from balcony to balcony. If they are stupid enough to do something like that, who knows what they would do. Sounds like the usual stellar bunch at the front desk.

I like the locks on the Celebrity Constellation sliders. Don't like the sliding part but there is a piece that comes down and goes through another piece. Not a key but kinda like the locks on some hotel doors. Felt really safe with DD and me. On HAL I've not thought about it cause DH travels with me. Will make sure the key works on our next cruise.

[snip]

(Bolding is mine)

I deny knowing crass or loud! And I have an alibi. ;) Really though, I am so sorry that you had to deal with such an annoying bunch at your nice dinner. The manager should have known he had a group scheduled there and not seated you in the room to begin with. I'm happy it worked out. I have pictures done and will return programs today. :)

We go at our own pace but there is always something happening. This is the best and most friendly roll call group ever. Lots of fun!

Forgot to report that we went to the Canale tto 2 nights ago. It was nice but way too much food.

Just docked at PV and there is a very noisy parrot right below our balcony.

Hot water this morning!!!

Yea for the Hot Water!!

One time we were allowed to walk through that little zoo at the pier. But the last time we were in Puerto Vallarta, it was closed down.

We can do another lesson Vict0riann. I think it's because you didn't space them. After each picture, try hitting enter. I think it makes a difference unless you have them resized?

In old part of Vallarta. My Westerdam bag is full of purchases. I have no idea where they are all going to go. LOL

got some vanilla, Mexican candies for DH, an old toy he had as a kid, nativity scene and DH bought a tshirt that says. "I don't need google, my wife knows it all" LOL

Sitting here at La Fuente del Puente restaurant. 2 for one cervezas. Thanks to Ingo, our cellar master we are trying Victoria. very nice. Having some fresh fish - shrimps and calamares (squid) and free wifi. What more can anyone ask for ?

I have to get that t-shirt next year. My hubby will appreciate wearing it. LOL

ha! ha! It was DH's idea to buy it. 40 pesos. around $3. The question is, will he where it on the ship? Betting NOT!

Edited by kazu