Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Oh no!

Such a pretty city to stay in.

Where are you staying Mumsy?

Mis you so much and never saw you this morning to say goodbye.

Have fun in SanDiego and safe travel to you both

Double Tree by Hilton. Would expect better service here but we'll persevere.

Sorry to have missed you this morning too. Glad you had a good day in SD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad you got to do that, but next time plan on doing it for an all day expierence. I believe there are 11 stop. A very worth while tour. Love 'Old Town' with its great food and if your lucky you might find Khausak Musical Group playing there. Just a really nice way to spend the day and learn more about SD.

Nothing sadder then seeing your ship leaving without you. Boohoo!:(

Mumsysailor loved your video, glad you finally got it posted. I'm surprised that guy has any fingers left, feeding that croc.

no worries - next time we will be here for 2 or 3 days so we will have more time. Today, all on board was for 3:00 pm, so not a lot of time.

OK, question - why can't HAL"s excursions get back on time????? GRRRR

Upstairs doing the mustard drill and waiting and waiting and what do we see? 40 passengers or so mosying along (no rush) and way past all onbaord time - probably 3:30 and 3:45 pm!!!!

I have been told they had to do their own muster drill and we were released.

the drill lasted longer than it should have as they were looking for missing people and some of them were obviously on these shore excursions! GRRR

That's a Marley GRRRR and a Kazu UGGHER.

over with now and life is good.

Long day, up very early for immigration/customs/whatever they call it.

But it was well done and tomorrow I am afraid Kazu will have to start to juggle some silly purchases and try to get one piece of luggage done.

I am NOT going to be doing heavy packing while we are in Victoria.

Seas are still smooth, so fingers crossed :)

Upstairs doing the mustard drill and waiting and waiting and what do we see? 40 passengers or so mosying along (no rush) and way past all onbaord time - probably 3:30 and 3:45 pm!!!!

Two of my trivia partners were on this excursion which was to the San Diego Zoo. One man never returned to the bus at the end of the tour. They spent a lot of time waiting for him to return and finally gave up. My friends think he likely took a taxi back and didn't tell anyone. As of 7:30 pm they had not heard anything about a make-up muster drill (perhaps HAL is not requiring it since everyone has already attended one).

no worries - next time we will be here for 2 or 3 days so we will have more time. Today, all on board was for 3:00 pm, so not a lot of time.

the drill lasted longer than it should have as they were looking for missing people and some of them were obviously on these shore excursions! GRRR

But it was well done and tomorrow I am afraid Kazu will have to start to juggle some silly purchases and try to get one piece of luggage done.

Seas are still smooth, so fingers crossed :)

Was it a HAL tour?

16 days and hardly a peep heard from the hallway. 6 hours into day 17 and I have lost count how many times people have been yelling out there.

At early set dinner we had tables on both sides show up 50 and 55 minutes into the service. I was amazed they were allowed in.

I was told earlier tonight by someone who attended the navigation meeting that we are trying to outrun a storm. If we aren't successful then it will be "something to tell your grandchildren about". :eek:

Mumsysailor - we were waving to you!

I am also surprised that they let people into the dining room that late.

Hope you don't have stormy seas on the way north.

https://vimeo.com/126214939

At LONG LAST!! I got the crocodile video to load with our friend's high speed internet.

For those who were interested this was the Crocodile Man Tour in Costa Rica. What a great time we had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonderful video -- thank you for sharing it with us.

He is brave man feeding those crocodiles.

San Diego sail a way is very pretty. Had fun on the aft sea view pool.

But miss our friends who have left.. And one we left behind after lunch.

Captain did a great job of tooting once he was away from the houses (who complain) harder to hear with the helicopters at th naval base flying in and on the aft but he did a mighty great job.

got my revised customs form turned in. very happy that it iis more accurate.

saw a seal trying to get on a buo - too funny. couldn't get a pic in time but here are a few from the sail a way.

San Diego is a very pretty city and I look forward to being there next year to have more time to explore :)

e7242209aad36bbaf82bdbfa69c0fa28.jpg

74e16c3c57ea4c6d855ecd6a47a9f3d3.jpg

a8869e9ad0d175b3744fee1a5a5281ea.jpg

some of the sail a way gang that were remaining were having a good time :)

86abed748a1b12a22dc35a8fb5f36c34.jpg

Great pictures.

And now back tracking to our wine tasting yesterday which was SO mu h fun.

Ingo our Cellar Master is very funny and very, very talented.

He is just a joy and makes drinking wine delightful.

I tried to get some pics of him in his funny poses, but he moves so fast it is tough!

anyone who sails with him is in for a treat. Here are a couple of photos so that you know if you have the pleasure of his company on your cruises.

0c01ad1d509c35bebe179bb52e72f123.jpg

4aa0abb01bb161e96ba8012f37973e62.jpg

d8af84d9d7ecda93c7f622768454d8d6.jpg

We REALLY appreciated him doing this special wine tasting for us. What a nice touch to our cruise :)

More wonderful pictures.

I woke up about 6:30 when they started making announcements about immigration procedures starting. Around 9:00 I made my way to the Lido looking for juice and a muffin or Danish. Only found the juice and an empty plate where cinnamon rolls had been.

Went down to deck 2 to wait to get off for my excursion. There were two lines stretching to infinity with people doing self-disembarkation and many people sitting in the lounges waiting for their numbers to be called for regular disembarkation.

I got to say good-bye to Obnxshs and Missy's Mom. I had said bye to Mumsysailor and hubby last night. For anyone I did not say good-bye to, I have really enjoyed meeting all of you.

Strangely enough, for US citizens in transit, you only had to show your passport and ship card as you walked in a line to get out of the terminal. In January when I did a TA, I had to fill out an immigration form and speak individually to a CBP officer even though I was in transit (this was in NYC).:confused:

I took the seal tour and enjoyed the land/water trip. If I come back next year I will do the trolley.

Looking forward to a few more days on the "beautiful, elegant Westerdam" (as the captain calls her).

They do like to close down the breakfast venues by 8 AM even though not all the passengers are getting off the ship.

That is all we ever had to do in San Diego when we did those repositioning cruises -- just show our passports as we left the terminal -- US citizens.

[quote name='Scrapnana']Two of my trivia partners were on this excursion which was to the San Diego Zoo. One man never returned to the bus at the end of the tour. They spent a lot of time waiting for him to return and finally gave up. My friends think he likely took a taxi back and didn't tell anyone. As of 7:30 pm they had not heard anything about a make-up muster drill (perhaps HAL is not requiring it since everyone has already attended one).[/QUOTE]

In 2010 we took a shorex in San Diego to Sea World and subsequently took a taxi back to the ship. We immediately went to the shorex desk and asked that they phone our bus driver and report that we would not be taking the bus back. They assured us that it would be taken care of but I found out later that it wasn't and we were embarrassed when we were told that the bus had waited for us.

[quote name='Mumsysailor'][IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/27/f60d7f1800f7beab7689604f5eaba692.jpg[/IMG]
Saw you leaving without us from Coronado Beach. Hope you enjoyed your sailaway wine. Missing you all already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hi. Missed you at sailaway. We enjoyed the rear deck party so didn't get into your wine. I'm sure Lizzie and I can put a dent in it this afternoon though.

[quote name='CowPrincess']That is sad to hear :( The one 4 day repo we added on to a regular cruise was certainly "different"[/QUOTE]

We have a "different" next door neighbour. He was walking around shirtless yesterday to show off his tattoos. Fine by the pool but let's cover up elsewhere.

[quote name='kazu']DH and I did the trolley tour, really quite nice. The info centre sells the tickets for $1 less but they didn't give us the stickers. Got it rectified at the trolley tour booth[/QUOTE]

How close was it from the ship to where you grabbed the trolley and what was the cost pp? Do they offer senior rates? Thanks.

[quote name='sapper1']We have a "different" next door neighbour. He was walking around shirtless yesterday to show off his tattoos. Fine by the pool but let's cover up elsewhere.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Oh great, how lucky are you to enjoy his tattoos? LOL We have a neighbour like that (in his 70's) who, although he doesn't have tattoos, enjoys showing off his moobs (man boobs). With snow on the ground yesterday, he was out there shoveling in his shorts, rubber boots and moobs on display for all to see. Bring on the brain bleach.

I really hope you can keep at least a few hours ahead of the storm!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)
Gerry
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='kazu']no worries - next time we will be here for 2 or 3 days so we will have more time. Today, all on board was for 3:00 pm, so not a lot of time.

Seas are still smooth, so fingers crossed :)[/QUOTE]

I confess...I read the first paragraph of a letter in the mail slot across the hall. They were not at muster drill; I recognized the cabin number. Saw them enter the cabin in the evening when going to pick up DD and DS. Able bodied but English not their first language. The letter started by saying they were not at the mandatory safety drill and they had to attend one set for 2:00 today, Tuesday.

I didn't read further. It was a full page of text.

DD was repulsed by the woman at the next table at dinner who eats with her mouth open. Enough said.

This is the first morning that I will have no sunrise picture. It is grey and choppy out there.

[quote name='1of4']I confess...I read the first paragraph of a letter in the mail slot across the hall. They were not at muster drill; I recognized the cabin number. Saw them enter the cabin in the evening when going to pick up DD and DS. Able bodied but English not their first language. The letter started by saying they were not at the mandatory safety drill and they had to attend one set for 2:00 today, Tuesday.

I didn't read further. It was a full page of text.

DD was repulsed by the woman at the next table at dinner who eats with her mouth open. Enough said.

This is the first morning that I will have no sunrise picture. It is grey and choppy out there.[/QUOTE]

That is why I like to get off a Panama cruise in San diego. To me it's way too cold and choppy.

[quote name='zelker']How close was it from the ship to where you grabbed the trolley and what was the cost pp? Do they offer senior rates? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It is very close Barb. Assuming you dock where we did, just turn left and walk a very few metre....very few. Maybe a 5 minute walk? I didn't see any senior rates, but I could have missed it. At the regular trolley start its $39". At the info centre with maps and stuff, it's $38 per person.. Takes about two hours to do the whole route

Thanks, Jacqui. We sail out of San Diego in December and assume it will be from the same pier since it's on the A'Dam. If we decide not to tour the Midway in the morning before we board the ship, the trolley may be our back-up plan. Barb

We made it home last night after a successful day of travel. We made so many new friends and had such a wonderful cruise. Wish we were still on Westerdam but, leaving one ship just means we'll be boarding another one in the future.

Thanks to each and every one of you who made the cruise such a wonderful time. We were absolutely a great group! :)

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program......

[quote name='Scrapnana']Two of my trivia partners were on this excursion which was to the San Diego Zoo. One man never returned to the bus at the end of the tour. They spent a lot of time waiting for him to return and finally gave up. My friends think he likely took a taxi back and didn't tell anyone. As of 7:30 pm they had not heard anything about a make-up muster drill (perhaps HAL is not requiring it since everyone has already attended one).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I hope he got back to the ship.. A lot of time to miss on board if he didnt

[quote name='0bnxshs']We made it home last night after a successful day of travel. We made so many new friends and had such a wonderful cruise. Wish we were still on Westerdam but, leaving one ship just means we'll be boarding another one in the future.

Thanks to each and every one of you who made the cruise such a wonderful time. We were absolutely a great group! :)

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program......[/QUOTE]

It's always a pleasure cruising with you two!

Thanks so much for. All of your great organization with the cabin crawl and poker run and all of your help

[quote name='cruz chic']That is why I like to get off a Panama cruise in San diego. To me it's way too cold and choppy.[/QUOTE]

Live and learn! I had to weigh the difference between flying Rouge or staying onboard....