Can you bring drinks onboard

Is it acceptable to bring soft drinks or alcohol onboard with you?

Although the official policy is no, you can generally get away with bringing soft drinks onboard. The only alcohol allowed is two 750ml bottles of wine per cabin.

And which way is the "right" way?!

Well, I'd tell you, but then I would have to go into the Witness Protection Program ... some people on here go WILD when you talk about smuggling liquor on board in your checked luggage in Rum Runner flasks (google it for the website).

They hate that ... and call you all sorts of bad names.

Is it acceptable to bring soft drinks or alcohol onboard with you?

Is there a soda package only? I do not drink alcohol and will also have 13yo with us -- 4 soda cards or coffee cards. what do I budget for them?

Well, I'd tell you, but then I would have to go into the Witness Protection Program ... some people on here go WILD when you talk about smuggling liquor on board in your checked luggage in Rum Runner flasks (google it for the website).

They hate that ... and call you all sorts of bad names.

Well, I was just talking/thinking about the best way to bring my Diet Mountain Dew onboard - but I'll take your word for it! [emoji6]

Is there a soda package only? I do not drink alcohol and will also have 13yo with us -- 4 soda cards or coffee cards. what do I budget for them?

Well I can give an almost exact answer as we booked 4 soda cards. One for my wife, myself, son, and daughter. Came to $181 and some change. Yes, it is high, but we drink A LOT of soda (realistically way too much), but at RCI's current price of around $3 per can with gratuity (read extra profit), it doesn't take too long to hit the break even point. I can easily drink 6 cans or more per day--that alone would be $18 per day. It made the best sense for us to get the package.

what soda do they have? I prefer Sprite Zero and Coke Zero -- really don't like marine coco-cola light:eek: which is what I usually find on cruise ships. I am diabetic and can not have regular coke. I also do not care for diet fountain coke so lemonade but that also has sugar -- water on cruise ships is really good but a girl needs variety. Is the "coke" card only fountain sodas or does it include "virgin" drinks. I am so spoiled by Oceana and Azamara who include virgin drinks in their "free" list.

what soda do they have? I prefer Sprite Zero and Coke Zero -- really don't like marine coco-cola light:eek: which is what I usually find on cruise ships. I am diabetic and can not have regular coke. I also do not care for diet fountain coke so lemonade but that also has sugar -- water on cruise ships is really good but a girl needs variety. Is the "coke" card only fountain sodas or does it include "virgin" drinks. I am so spoiled by Oceana and Azamara who include virgin drinks in their "free" list.

Depends on what ship you are on. If the ship has the Freestyle fountain machines, they should have Coke Zero and Sprite Zero. If the ship does not have the freestyle machines, I'm not positive what they carry. As for virgin drinks--no. You'll get coca cola products and the usual included water, regular coffee, iced tea

Are any of these sugar free?

Although the official policy is no, you can generally get away with bringing soft drinks onboard. The only alcohol allowed is two 750ml bottles of wine per cabin.

NO NO NO!!!!

found out hard way on recent explorer OTS.

packed some water,, got a note from steward,, head to to "naughty" room..sheesh over 300 suitcases there with an assortment of stickers on them,

anything you could think of, Alcohol, water, soft drinks, electrical gadget, irons, electrical cords, etc etc ,, besides the 300+ suitcase a ton of angry people. ...... well you know the alcohol was gonna be snatched, but the water WAS a surprise. some people had cases of water in their suitcases ( like me) & were told in no uncertain terms,, nope you can't bring it onboard... furious people stating they will never go on another RCCL cruise again.

we NEVER had trouble before with soft drinks or water,, but they were really ticking people off..

they are really pushing the nickle & dime stuff.

the last cruise, we just put our luggage tag on the beverage at luggage drop off, no problem.

i'll bring a water purifier next time.

NO NO NO!!!!

packed some water,, got a note from steward,, head to to "naughty" room..sheesh over 300 suitcases there with an assortment of stickers on them,

anything you could think of, Alcohol, water, soft drinks, electrical gadget, irons, electrical cords, etc etc ,, besides the 300+ suitcase a ton of angry people. ...... well you know the alcohol was gonna be snatched, but the water WAS a surprise. some people had cases of water in their suitcases ( like me) & were told in no uncertain terms,, nope you can't bring it onboard... furious people stating they will never go on another RCCL cruise again.

we NEVER had trouble before with soft drinks or water,, but they were really ticking people off..

the last cruise, we just put our luggage tag on the beverage at luggage drop off, no problem.

Do you realize that the ship's water is more pure than the tap water in any major American city as well as most bottled waters?

They aren't going to have a problem with a 12 pack of soda or water. We usually carry a 12-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper and a 12 pack of bottled water...just for convenience sake. We grab a bottle of water as we head off the ship. We also purchase the soda card.

They aren't going to have a problem with a 12 pack of soda or water. We usually carry a 12-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper and a 12 pack of bottled water...just for convenience sake. We grab a bottle of water as we head off the ship. We also purchase the soda card.

The policy says otherwise.

NO NO NO!!!!

Did you by chance sail during spring break? They totally crack down and enforce the policy on what can be brought onboard during this time.