Liberty embarkation day food/lunch?

Is there somewhere beside the windjammer on Liberty to have lunch on embarkation?

It will be chaos if everyone on board is fighting for a table at the same time.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks

Edited by mzready2go
I needed to emphasise my ship is Liberty

Is there somewhere beside the windjammer on Liberty to have lunch on embarkation?

It will be chaos if everyone on board is fighting for a table at the same time.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks

Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's.

Thanks Bob! Do we have a chance at getting a seat in one of these eateries if we are not one of the first people on board?

In addition to the restaurants I mentioned, there are several other places to sit on the Royal Promenade. There is seating in front of the Pub and Vintages, and you can take your food there if you don't find a place to sit at Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's.

The cabins open at one, those who board first will be leaving the Windjammer. However, there is additional seating in the front by the bar and usually at Chops, though it might be for platinum and higher.honestly, nobody cares if you fix a plate and take it by the pool, at the Viking Crown Lounge or on the Promenade. It's a huge ship, plenty of places to chow!

May I ask if You had to carry your food on trays or plates from one location to another looking for a place to sit what did you do with your carry on luggage?

There will be 4 of us seniors with carry on pieces and it would help if we had a plan.

Thanks again

If you arrive early enough, the WJ won't be that busy....although, it picks up around 12:30...

We just do a LATE breakfast, so we can skip the whole feeding frenzy....we'll get a snack around 3 or so, if we need it!

May I ask if You had to carry your food on trays or plates from one location to another looking for a place to sit what did you do with your carry on luggage?

There will be 4 of us seniors with carry on pieces and it would help if we had a plan.

Thanks again

Find a table.

Someone stay with the luggage, the rest go and get food, bring back and then the luggage watcher goes to get food. Just like you would in the WJ.

No trays.

So chances are, we will actually be on board by noonish?

I too am a first time cruiser, and trying to figure out what actually happens on Embarkation day. I want to make my MTD reservation (online) but not sure what time it should be for... I don't want to miss any special events or shows!

Thank you,

Eileen:confused:

I too am a first time cruiser, and trying to figure out what actually happens on Embarkation day. I want to make my MTD reservation (online) but not sure what time it should be for... I don't want to miss any special events or shows!

Thank you,

Yes, you can be onboard as early as 11:30am if things go smoothly.

I too am a first time cruiser, and trying to figure out what actually happens on Embarkation day. I want to make my MTD reservation (online) but not sure what time it should be for... I don't want to miss any special events or shows.

If you don't want to miss sailaway under the bridge (leaving from Bayonne) schedule your dinner for 1 hour after scheduled departure. It takes about 1/2 hour to get to the bridge, but sometimes they are delayed.

The welcome aboard show is usually around 7:45pm. They used to have 2 for each seating but no more, I think.

I have found that Cafe Promenade is underutilized on the first day. The people around me, from what I see, tend to be frequent cruisers who know the deal about WJ and avoid it Day 1. It is nice and quiet in the Cafe, at least for the first couple of hours after boarding.

Edited by marci22

Thank you,

Enjoy your first cruise. As a rule of thumb allow about 2 hours for dinner. Or you can tell your wait staff that you have a show and they will do their best to get you out on time.

We just got off Liberty on Saturday and there was always a table available in the Windjammer! I was worried we would have a hard time getting a table any time we went in there to eat, but we never had a problem. The service in the Windjammer was great! They cleared tables quickly and were always asking to get you a beverage. Also, the food was very good in the Windjammer. We were on the Explorer in August and after the first lunch, we never went back because the food was horrible. We were really happy with the food on the Liberty in all the restaurants! (Chops was the only place we didn't get to try!)

We just got off Liberty on Saturday and there was always a table available in the Windjammer! I was worried we would have a hard time getting a table any time we went in there to eat, but we never had a problem. The service in the Windjammer was great! They cleared tables quickly and were always asking to get you a beverage. Also, the food was very good in the Windjammer. We were on the Explorer in August and after the first lunch, we never went back because the food was horrible. We were really happy with the food on the Liberty in all the restaurants! (Chops was the only place we didn't get to try!)

That's very encouraging ~~ Hopefully getting better with every cruise!

I'm excited and nervous at the same time for our first cruise. I don't want to miss anything! We chose the MTD since the early seating was already booked and didn't want to wait till 8:30 for dinner. I've made reservations for the MDR for the first 2 nights, but not sure if the time I made them for will allow us to get to the shows. I wish I had a Cruise Compass to study!

You know you don't have to actually eat in Windjammer - just get a couple of chairs out by the pool and bring your food back there. Much easier than jockeying for a seat in there and usually much quieter.

So....I take it then that none of the levels of the MDR serve lunch? On other ships or lines I have been on, they usually herd boarding people up to the buffet, but do serve lunch in at least one of the MDR's for those in the know....

So....I take it then that none of the levels of the MDR serve lunch? On other ships or lines I have been on, they usually herd boarding people up to the buffet, but do serve lunch in at least one of the MDR's for those in the know....

No MDR lunch on boarding day. MDR lunch is usually only on sea days.