Smokng poolside on Reflection

bobbyR30

I read a recent post that said there is no longer smoking allowed portside on the pool deck. Anyone recently off the Reflection that can verify this? The post said it has been closed because smoke gets trapped under the overhang. Since I am a smoker I find this disturbing since it was the only covered area available for rainy days.

I read a recent post that said there is no longer smoking allowed portside on the pool deck. Anyone recently off the Reflection that can verify this? The post said it has been closed because smoke gets trapped under the overhang. Since I am a smoker I find this disturbing since it was the only covered area available for rainy days.

No smoking on "pool deck". Sunset Bar, Mast Bar, and deck 5. There is a bit of covered area in all three ares.

I hope this is true and fleet wide.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I'm with you Bobbie I'm a smoker too and have been wondering the same thing. Have a great cruise!

I felt bad for the smokers on our last cruise...they were huddled in small groups - definite outcasts and could barely enjoy their puffs with all the dirty and disgusted looks/comments they were receiving from passer-by's...I enjoyed that show more then any production show on the ship...

No smoking on "pool deck". Sunset Bar, Mast Bar, and deck 5. There is a bit of covered area in all three ares.

I'm glad they finally came to their senses and discontinued smoking back aft on the pool deck. We were on a Transatlantic in 2013 and had some strong head winds. When the back sliding doors opened, all that smoke stuck in the overhead drafted all the way into the main buffet area.

When we were on the Equinox, ( I know the question was about the Reflection, but both are S-Class and many things are handled the same way ) last Nov they allowed smoking in the same area to the side of pool deck. We just used the door on the other side, no big deal.

Still had the areas by the Mast Bar and the Lawn by the Sunset Bar.

Host Andy is answering questions from time to time during the cruise he is on now. Might try there too.

Did this recently change? There was still smoking on the pool deck, opposite side from the grille, by the sliding doors, on the Silhouette at xmas this year.

If so, great news. One step closer...;)

Isn't that the Mast Grill area that is mentioned? It's actually one deck up from the pool and yes there were ashtrays there on my sailing two weeks ago. I was with smokers and these are the three areas that they had to go to. It was nice they were in areas that non smokers could avoid if they wanted. Nice balance though smokers may prefer more areas :)

Edited by poffles

Isn't that the Mast Grill area that is mentioned? It's actually one deck up from the pool and yes there were ashtrays there on my sailing two weeks ago. I was with smokers and these are the three areas that they had to go to. It was nice they were in areas that non smokers could avoid if they wanted. Nice balance though smokers may prefer more areas :)

The Mast Grill is on the port side, and the Mast Bar is on the starboard side. The Mast Bar is where the smoking area is located.

Oops! Mixing up my Connie with my Sillie! We were on Silhouette at xmas, Connie was March Break.

they were huddled in small groups - definite outcasts and could barely enjoy their puffs with all the dirty and disgusted looks/comments they were receiving from passer-by's

An accurate characterization. It is only a matter of time until things are smoke free. Smoking is a choice that you are free to make, in the privacy of your own home.

Oops! Mixing up my Connie with my Sillie! We were on Silhouette at xmas, Connie was March Break.

An accurate characterization. It is only a matter of time until things are smoke free. Smoking is a choice that you are free to make, in the privacy of your own home.

Actually personal feelings towards smoking is what always gets this threads closed. It's nice that you feel that way, but when posters come here just looking for information they really shouldn't have people preaching at them.

Lot's of areas on the ship to avoid smoking.

My bad ... meant Mast Bar that is smoking ... opposite side of Mast Grill as someone else noted. Still not actually on the same deck as the pool.

Our cruise isn't until November. Maybe X will find a way to vent the overhang by then. Wishful thinking I'm sure! Glad to see another smoker chime in on these boards.

Bobby -

Celebrity is totally inconsistent from ship to ship when it comes to smoking, so the best thing to do in August when you board is to case out where those specific areas are. There should also be a letter in your room stating the locations. On the S-Class (Reflection) the Sunset Bar area is nice and has some comfortable chairs. Deck 5 is good if you are in one of the bars/restaurants and feel a need to go light one up - port side, just outside the forward and aft elevators. The Mast Bar area is O. K. but not very comfortable.

You will actually find "cover" in all 3 areas that I have mentioned. Enjoy your cruise!

Bobby -

Celebrity is totally inconsistent from ship to ship when it comes to smoking, so the best thing to do in August when you board is to case out where those specific areas are. There should also be a letter in your room stating the locations. On the S-Class (Reflection) the Sunset Bar area is nice and has some comfortable chairs. Deck 5 is good if you are in one of the bars/restaurants and feel a need to go light one up - port side, just outside the forward and aft elevators. The Mast Bar area is O. K. but not very comfortable.

You will actually find "cover" in all 3 areas that I have mentioned. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for your comments Beth. I was on the Solstice last fall on an Alaska cruise so I am aware of the other smoking areas the S-class ships have. The Sunset bar is very nice, but with the winds it was too cold to be out there for very long. Solstice had a nice covered area by the pool that seated 32 people. That's what I thought I was signing up for on the Reflection. This cruise will be in the Caribbean so will be much warmer. In any event I know I will enjoy the cruise; always do.

Thank you for your comments Beth. I was on the Solstice last fall on an Alaska cruise so I am aware of the other smoking areas the S-class ships have. The Sunset bar is very nice, but with the winds it was too cold to be out there for very long. Solstice had a nice covered area by the pool that seated 32 people. That's what I thought I was signing up for on the Reflection. This cruise will be in the Caribbean so will be much warmer. In any event I know I will enjoy the cruise; always do.

You have a great attitude, Bobby! :) It's definitely a disappointment when you board a ship, thinking things will be the same, only to find that they no longer are. I had the same experience last fall on the Constellation. They changed policies the week before I sailed.....:(

Our cruise isn't until November. Maybe X will find a way to vent the overhang by then. Wishful thinking I'm sure! Glad to see another smoker chime in on these boards.

Another x smoker adding 2 cents. Why smoke? Husband also an x smoker just had right lung removed from smoking and when thru chemo for 3 months. Is a few momenst of smokers bliss worth risking your life? Be smart and quit before it is to late. We just went thru 6 months of agony and hell.

Actually personal feelings towards smoking is what always gets this threads closed. It's nice that you feel that way, but when posters come here just looking for information they really shouldn't have people preaching at them.

Lot's of areas on the ship to avoid smoking.

Another x smoker adding 2 cents. Why smoke? Husband also an x smoker just had right lung removed from smoking and when thru chemo for 3 months. Is a few momenst of smokers bliss worth risking your life? Be smart and quit before it is to late. We just went thru 6 months of agony and hell.

What ORV said! Just sayin'.

What ORV said! Just sayin'.

Thanks Beth. You said what I was thinking. I've been preached to for many years and I don't need it here when I was just asking for information. I know this is well off the topic now but I just had to vent.