Laundry bag special

littlelulu01

I've never seen a restriction mentioned. You're still paying for it. If you will roll your clothes, and use two bags (double bag), you can get a huge quantity in the bag. My wife takes pride in how much she can stuff in them. Ask your room steward for extra bags. They are pretty thin and tear easily.

Aside from asking RS for extra paper bags to double it up - check to make sure they need you to fill out the itemized Laundry Slip for an accurate count, even though it's all you can fit inside for $27.99 (most current prices last month on our BA cruise & as reported) - you can also ask him/her for a spare pillow case, as that will fit inside the paper bag as an insert, then roll/squeeze & stuff it full - no breaks or rupture - on its way down below deck to laundry service.

Thanks. Pillow cases and tape on the packing list. Have never used ship's laundry service but will have to this trip. A month in Europe and two weeks on a ship. I was thinking about all the spa purchases and fun stuff to do with shipboard credit. Now thinking about how much laundry we can stuff into bags in order to have a little credit left over.

Aside from asking RS for extra paper bags to double it up - check to make sure they need you to fill out the itemized Laundry Slip for an accurate count, even though it's all you can fit inside for $27.99 (most current prices last month on our BA cruise & as reported) - you can also ask him/her for a spare pillow case, as that will fit inside the paper bag as an insert, then roll/squeeze & stuff it full - no breaks or rupture - on its way down below deck to laundry service.

Sheer genius!!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never seen a restriction mentioned. You're still paying for it. If you will roll your clothes, and use two bags (double bag), you can get a huge quantity in the bag. My wife takes pride in how much she can stuff in them. Ask your room steward for extra bags. They are pretty thin and tear easily.

My wife's great accomplishment last cruise was getting so much packed into one bag, that it came back in two bags! Rolling does the trick.

I agree

Wendy:)

Thanks, I'm reluctantly take partial credit for sharing this & pass it on to everyone here on CC. Full credit & originality go to our nice & friendly Room Steward "G" on a sailing, doing above & beyond from Day 1 & of course, knowing that we're Platinum on a repeat ship sailing with minimal requests made her job easier.

Here - Ours came back last month in a basket - pretty good one (23 items+ in all since the ship's laundry asked for a count, just in case) - done by pieces would be $95 (free for us) but even at $27 for the bag full, still a good deal. And, if you're like us with TA's OBC, LOL. Regardless of the DSC, we always find a way to 'reward' our RS directly with a little cash incentive by mid/end of the cruise week.

Edited by mking8288

• 1 year later...
Can anyone confirm if this special is still available on current sailings? I'm going to the 14-day Caribbean cruise on Norwegian Breakaway out of New York. I would seriously appreciate it!

As far as reports and our experience a couple weeks back, yes. They actually dropped the price from a few years ago to $20. Some rooms (suites??) actually get a fabric bag so no worries about it ripping but the paper bags are still out there too.

As far as reports and our experience a couple weeks back, yes. They actually dropped the price from a few years ago to $20. Some rooms (suites??) actually get a fabric bag so no worries about it ripping but the paper bags are still out there too.

Thanks Dex. It's been frustrating trying to get a clear answer. The phone operators for NCL don't seem seem to know at all. I'm assuming they would do the laundry bag special on a 14-day cruise. Thanks again!

Can anyone confirm if this special is still available on current sailings? I'm going to the 14-day Caribbean cruise on Norwegian Breakaway out of New York. I would seriously appreciate it!

I was on the Star a few weeks ago on an 11-day. They ran the special twice, first on day 5 (I think) for return by day 7, then again on day 9 for return by day 11 (the day before disembarkation).

The list price was $19.95. They gave me a 25% discount, presumably because I was Latitudes Gold, so the actual charge was $14.96.

Some rooms (suites??) actually get a fabric bag so no worries about it ripping but the paper bags are still out there too.

We were in a suite and they had heavy vinyl bags, definitely no worries about ripping it.

Edited by havenfan

Thanks Dex. It's been frustrating trying to get a clear answer. The phone operators for NCL don't seem seem to know at all. I'm assuming they would do the laundry bag special on a 14-day cruise. Thanks again!

No problem. On a 14 day my guess is at least twice. We've been on a couple 7 day trips where they've even had it twice but typically it seems only once on a 7 day trip.