Entertainment on Riviera

tampadee

I doubt very much that anyone here can answer this now.

The new entertainment staff will be provided by NCL and is not likely at all to include any performers that you (and us) saw on the 3/22 sailing of Riviera - at least not at the moment. If they choose, they may audition for NCL and if chosen, may return to one of the O ships in the future.

I am anxious to hear from those onboard Riviera after the drydock as to what the entertainment is like compared to the prior years.

I doubt very much that anyone here can answer this now.

The new entertainment staff will be provided by NCL and is not likely at all to include any performers that you (and us) saw on the 3/22 sailing of Riviera - at least not at the moment. If they choose, they may audition for NCL and if chosen, may return to one of the O ships in the future.

I am anxious to hear from those onboard Riviera after the drydock as to what the entertainment is like compared to the prior years.

We are home and so happy to have shared this last cruise with you two!! Hope we can do so again...and soon! Enjoy your family cruise...how special is that!! And we ROCKED at Trivia..thanks to you two!! And all the help from our other team members!! LuAnn

We are home and so happy to have shared this last cruise with you two!! Hope we can do so again...and soon! Enjoy your family cruise...how special is that!! And we ROCKED at Trivia..thanks to you two!! And all the help from our other team members!! LuAnn

Back at you LuAnn - we enjoyed sailing with you and Kenneth and we did have fun at trivia. :)

Hope we get to do it again.

I know we'll enjoy our cruise in August.

Happy trails and enjoy your free business class flights!

Edited by Paulchili

I shall be interested to see what transpires for our May 11th sailing. I have received our cruise booklet, but there is no mention of entertainment. I hadn't realised it would be changing, had just assumed it would be as described on Oceania's website. In fact, I have just checked the website and it doesn't mention any changes there either...

I shall be interested to see what transpires for our May 11th sailing. I have received our cruise booklet, but there is no mention of entertainment. I hadn't realised it would be changing, had just assumed it would be as described on Oceania's website. In fact, I have just checked the website and it doesn't mention any changes there either...

Damien Lacroix (GM on our cruise but leaving the ship for vacation after drydock next week) said that he was really impressed with the NCL entertainment. Apparently they have a huge (something like 4'500m2) facility in Florida (Tampa I think he said) and they will tailor entertainment for each brand - NCL, Oceania and Regent. On the Oceania ships they are expecting one additional dancer/singer to be added to the "troop" so if there were 8 there will be 9 etc. I asked him if they have a stage modelled on the size of what is in the Riviera lounge at the practice facility or if they are using the stage that would be on one of the mega ships and will have to scale down. He said there is a stage with the same measurements as that in the Riviera lounge.

So all that sounds positive to me. That said, I rarely go to the evening show since I am either still eating dinner or don't fancy what is on offer. On our cruise I made it there twice - once for Jamie Michael Curtis (Love Boat fellow) whom I had heard on Regent and liked. And then the last night for the crew show which is always great and was really so this time!

It was SO lovely meeting all you nice people on board. If anyone comes to Switzerland you should tell me and perhaps we can meet again - especially if you come to the Suisse Romande... LouAnn has my email address but here it is again: Thompson and then the "at" verbier and the dot and "ch"

Now - that would have been a GREAT Trivia question!! What does the "ch" mean???

Gerry

Damien Lacroix (GM on our cruise but leaving the ship for vacation after drydock next week) said that he was really impressed with the NCL entertainment. Apparently they have a huge (something like 4'500m2) facility in Florida (Tampa I think he said) and they will tailor entertainment for each brand - NCL, Oceania and Regent. On the Oceania ships they are expecting one additional dancer/singer to be added to the "troop" so if there were 8 there will be 9 etc. I asked him if they have a stage modelled on the size of what is in the Riviera lounge at the practice facility or if they are using the stage that would be on one of the mega ships and will have to scale down. He said there is a stage with the same measurements as that in the Riviera lounge.

So all that sounds positive to me. That said, I rarely go to the evening show since I am either still eating dinner or don't fancy what is on offer. On our cruise I made it there twice - once for Jamie Michael Curtis (Love Boat fellow) whom I had heard on Regent and liked. And then the last night for the crew show which is always great and was really so this time!

It was SO lovely meeting all you nice people on board. If anyone comes to Switzerland you should tell me and perhaps we can meet again - especially if you come to the Suisse Romande... LouAnn has my email address but here it is again: Thompson and then the "at" verbier and the dot and "ch"

Now - that would have been a GREAT Trivia question!! What does the "ch" mean???

Gerry

So that email is Thompson at ch dot net? I know I have it somewhere...but just checking.!! We are looking to go to new places before and after T/As and CH has been on my radar! While I have been lucky enough to have visited several areas there I know there is much more to see and do!! So is the Suisse Romande the area close to Italy then? OH...and an update on the chocolates that have been "around the world"...Literally ...they started with you in CH...then flew to MIA...then took a "cruise" across the Atlantic...hung out in Barcelona for a few days...and then flew home to So Cal!!! :) And we still have a few very precious pieces left!! Thanks again for sharing one of your countries most famous products...and well deserved as well! Certainly puts the US "Sees Candy" to shame...but then CH is the HOME of chocolate, right??? LuAnn

Aha - I can answer that one! CH = Confoederatio Helvetica (Swiss Confederation). I only know because I looked it up after receiving an email from you..

I knew it stood for Switzerland but didn't know the exact meaning! So sorry missed meeting you on the cruise...hopefully another time...how is your DH doing?? LuAnn