Classic Beverage Package... Worth it?

cruiser608

I received a complimentary Classic Beverage Package on my upcoming Celebrity Cruise. It's free for me, but are gratuities and service charges included then? If they are, is it worth paying them? What goes in the package?

Thank you.

We had the 123 Promo w/classic drink pkg., prepaid gratuities and $300 OBC. The drink pkg was excellent as far as we were concerned. We used it for 'fresh' OJ, multiple large bottles of water daily as well as capuccino's, pre-cocktail party drink in the cabin, on and on. Whether or not you have the prepaid gratuities and OBC depends on what is being offered at the moment by Celebrity based on your cabin category. :)

We had the free classic drink pkg. for the first time on our SA cruise in Jan 2015. We loved it and didn't find a need to upgrade, everything offered worked for us (a group of 15). No need to look on menus as to what is included on your pkg, just ask your bartender if the drink you want is covered. We even had martinis served in a smaller glass to be covered under our pkg. at the Martini Bar. Your Sommelier in the dining room will also recommend wines for dinner covered under your pkg. we didn't even have to show our cards after the first two days in dining room or martini bar since we were there everyday. It made our cruise totally relaxing, no need to check the prices of wine/drinks.

I received a complimentary Classic Beverage Package on my upcoming Celebrity Cruise. It's free for me, but are gratuities and service charges included then? If they are, is it worth paying them? What goes in the package?

Thank you.

My cost included the Classic Alcohol Package, too. I am not a big drinker but, I upgraded to the Premium Package for 2 reasons: #1 I drink Grey Goose and it's not in classic and #2 I drink Red Bull everyday and that is free in the upgrade. So, just 2 Red Bulls a day and 1-2 drinks, will pay for the upgrade. If you want to upgrade you should do so by the end of day today. Tomorrow the upgrade cost, as well as all package prices, goes up.

Thank you.

It may seem free , actually its not ... You have to book an OV at least and the price is already built into the cruise price

Edited by limoguy1

My cost included the Classic Alcohol Package, too. I am not a big drinker but, I upgraded to the Premium Package for 2 reasons: #1 I drink Grey Goose and it's not in classic and #2 I drink Red Bull everyday and that is free in the upgrade. So, just 2 Red Bulls a day and 1-2 drinks, will pay for the upgrade. If you want to upgrade you should do so by the end of day today. Tomorrow the upgrade cost, as well as all package prices, goes up.

I am sure that this has changed and the upgrade price is still $10 plus 18%. There is a separate thread about this and Celebrity have confirmed that this is the cost of upgrading.

It may seem free , actually its not ... You have to book an OV at least and the price is already built into the cruise price

This is always mentioned and in most cases I guess it's true... But in some cases I believe the perk is FREE... I've tracked cruise prices with or without the perk and on the cruises I've booked I'm very happy that the perks I received were indeed free... There are deals out there you just need to look a little harder... 😁