Disappointed with Regal food

Boatingmom

Oh dear I hope I have not opened a can of worms:o

Haha! Worm stew at the buffet!

...but that's what the problem was...not enough variety. Mostly spiced up foods. Not enough variety for the various pallets.

Didn't the MDR menu include the Always Available items? Most of those can be ordered without sauces, which would put them in the not-spicy category. Wasn't there at least one "traditional" choice on the other side of the menu? I am happy with the Always Available salmon or the chicken if there is nothing else appealing to me. Of course, I really like those two dishes, so I don't feel as if I'm settling for something or forced into the choice.

Haha! Worm stew at the buffet!

Didn't the MDR menu include the Always Available items? Most of those can be ordered without sauces, which would put them in the not-spicy category. Wasn't there at least one "traditional" choice on the other side of the menu? I am happy with the Always Available salmon or the chicken if there is nothing else appealing to me. Of course, I really like those two dishes, so I don't feel as if I'm settling for something or forced into the choice.

There are just so many options available to please many. :)

Notice I did not say "all". :rolleyes:

Hi boatingmom. I was on your roll call. I totally agree. The food on the Ruby was what sold me to sail Princess but the buffet food failed to deliver..even as large as it was. I ate in MDR twice and found it not to my liking. Very dissappointing. I went to alfredos and my pizza was so wet and soggy in the middle...tasty..yes..but soggy. Pizza by the pool was ok. Burgers weren't too bad. Had a good tuna sandwich at international cafe. Sanatorium on the other had was fantastic..service in there top notch.

Nonetheless Regal is a gorgeous ship and we still had a great time. Wasn't the best cruise we ever had but still a great vacation.

We spoke about the food with a photographer. He said food is really based on who they bring onboard as a master chef and the culinary team. So one ship may have a different dining experience than another.

To me no other ship compares to the Ruby and the culinary staff for my Nov 2 sailing.

Where's the Sanatorium restaurant? never came across that one!

As for the comments about goat, I don't know why you would compare a goat to a dog. Please explain to me how eating goat is like eating dog. Have you ever tried it? Do you know how it tastes? Goat is a delicious meat, very mild and tender, there is an organic farm here in Rhode Island producing world class goat for eating.

Lol, I found this paragraph somewhat fun to play with as just about anyone from any culture could insert an "alternative" meat name everywhere it says "goat" depending on your place of ancestry. Example, Just because we play with and walk our dogs doesn't keep them off the menu in other parts of the world. If I grew up on a farm I might think my pet goat was not a food item either.

Now back to reality, my recent Star cruise to Hawaii had frog legs served in the HC. I wouldn't touch em but I saw others licking their fingers. I do love the diverse menu but ONLY WHEN THEY TRY TO MAKE EACH ITEM GOOD. I am not a fan of the HC's hot items as I (a lifetime home chef) know everything could taste much better if they wanted.

Edited by MTJSR

To see what I am eating not some of these concoctions made of little bits and pieces in a sauce with a fancy name, or an known name but quite unrecognizable when it arrives....So you think hum is it really the chicken I ordered?;););) WHAT IS IT? If you ask some of ones table partners they will say in a snooty voice Oh thats' Dishy Chicken Supreme'....making one feel like disappearing beneath the table:o

Edited by kruisey

Grrrr. We can tolerate (and even enjoy) this thread since DW and I sure love to dine. But when somebody insults "Princess Pizza" that is just the final straw! Princess pizza is simply the best at sea and we have found nothing even close on other cruise lines (and we have cruised on 14 lines). So its fine to throw barbs at Princess cuisine (which we think is usually fine) but DO NOT INSULT my Princess Pizza!

Hank

Grrrr. We can tolerate (and even enjoy) this thread since DW and I sure love to dine. But when somebody insults "Princess Pizza" that is just the final straw! Princess pizza is simply the best at sea and we have found nothing even close on other cruise lines (and we have cruised on 14 lines). So its fine to throw barbs at Princess cuisine (which we think is usually fine) but DO NOT INSULT my Princess Pizza!

Hank

Totally agree;);)