Cruise payment

SAC112750

1st time cruiser. Planning on a 2017 cruise to w. Caribbean. Will book a year in advance, I have time. How is payment preferred? Is it only credit card payment. If so, doe sit get billed right away. Or do they have payment plans? Any help out there is appreciated. Thank you.

It is best to pay a deposit by credit card in my opinion. Although a small percentage surcharge may occur a certain amount of protection is associated with credit card transactions. Usually deposit is a relatively small amount. There will be a due date to pay balance typically eight weeks or so before sailing this is usually paid as one big amount.

Regards John

You will be asked for a deposit at the time you book. This can be paid by credit card, check or cash (if close to TA). The deposit is usually in the 20% range. Some sales can lower it to $100 or 10%. The balance of the fare is due at final payment date. This can vary by cruise line, but is usually 60 to 90 days before sailing.

I all depends on who you book it with. If you book through Cruiseline or Travel Agent you will need the full Deposit amount unless there is a special promotion going on. If it is through the Cruiseline then most will let you make payment on-line whenever you want. With NCL after initial booking, just sign onto their website & sign in with your Booking/Reservation #. It will pull up all you information. Each time you make a payment they send you an updated statement by E-mail. With most Travel Agents you have to make payment directly to them.

I never pay in full until a few days before the final due date. I also try to book well in advance to take advantage of any Early Saver Pricing.

I will be going on my first cruise in 30 years this October. I booked last July and put down a deposit. Final payment isn't due until August this year. However, rather than wait until final payment is due, I have been paying a little bit on it every pay day so it will be paid off before final payment date. It's sort of like a cruise layaway for me :)

Everyone does what works for them.

How far out can you typically see itineraries and book? I'm interested in looking for perhaps a Med itinerary for Summer 2016. When do people think that kind of thing would be up on Cruiseline websites.

How far out can you typically see itineraries and book? I'm interested in looking for perhaps a Med itinerary for Summer 2016. When do people think that kind of thing would be up on Cruiseline websites.

Some or maybe all the lines have already announced their 2016 Med itineraries. Bookings usually begin a couple of weeks later