A question for Vict0riann -- inquiring minds want to know :D

CowPrincess

not Vict0riann, but the chocolate wine was Choco Vine. It is available at Total Wine if I understood correctly.

Vict0riann brought a Mission Hill from B.C. :)

Mission Hill is the name of the winery but what kind of wine was it, I'm presuming a red?

Mission Hill is the name of the winery but what kind of wine was it, I'm presuming a red?

yes it was a red. I think Vict0riann will post details on the live thread.

Just noticed this, I'm back from the shuttle into Tapachula, while DH took a tour with 2of4 and 4of4 to see some Mayan ruins. It was too hot for me!

We took two Mission Hills wines to the tasting in Kazu's suite. One was a Pinot Grigio and the other a Pinot noir. When Pat gets back I'll ask for more details, but I think they won awards.

Gee, I've never had a thread addressed to me before! I'm flattered. :-)

Thank you....heading to the wine store today for Choco Vine.

As the provider of the chocolate wine I wasn't able to answer your question before as the bottle is still in Jacqui's cabin for us to finish off later. But there is also a chocolate raspberry wine at Total Wines that is equally delicious. But be warned - this wine is very smooth but has a kick.

As the provider of the chocolate wine I wasn't able to answer your question before as the bottle is still in Jacqui's cabin for us to finish off later. But there is also a chocolate raspberry wine at Total Wines that is equally delicious. But be warned - this wine is very smooth but has a kick.

Am I right in thinking these are dessert wines?

Just noticed this, I'm back from the shuttle into Tapachula, while DH took a tour with 2of4 and 4of4 to see some Mayan ruins. It was too hot for me!

We took two Mission Hills wines to the tasting in Kazu's suite. One was a Pinot Grigio and the other a Pinot noir. When Pat gets back I'll ask for more details, but I think they won awards.

Gee, I've never had a thread addressed to me before! I'm flattered. :-)

The Mission Hills Pinot nor was provided at the Captain's Dinner with great compliments by The cellar master. Pat obviously has good taste!

The Mission Hills Pinot nor was provided at the Captain's Dinner with great compliments by The cellar master. Pat obviously has good taste!

For those who want to know even more... here in BC Mission Hills has 2 Pinot Noirs: The Five Vineyards is $17 and the Reserve is $24.

Thanks for naming these, Lizzie68.

I was wrong. DH says the white we took to the tasting was a Chardonnay. I have been ordered to say that the Mission Hills Winery is located in the Okanagan Valley, B.C. In 2014, readers of USA Today plus the newspaper's wine educator and wine buyer voted the Okanagan Valley as the second best wine region in the world to visit (after the Alantejo region in Portugal). The Chardonnay and Pinot noir (reserve) wines from Mission Hills have won awards as far back as 1994 (for the Chardonnay), and 2013 for the Pinot noir. We were happy to hear that the Captain likes them, too.