My room was released and changed without my knowledge

Many have asked how many my original cabin will hold. I believe the answer is 2 but am not 100% sure. It is 11325 on Oasis. However, I have not been given a reason why the change happened, my impression was it was unknown. ?? I noticed by chance that I was in 10325. While the other 2 cabins we booked were 11327 and 11323. I never received a change notice to my reservation. I noticed it by luck the other day and was told it happened on March 28, 2015. Like some of you we booked this cruise very early to get the location and side by side rooms. We booked directly with RC and no TA was involved. I have not had a response to my email sent about 24 hours ago yet but everyone that knows me and loves me :eek: know I don't easily let go of things! I will give them another day or 2 to respond and then start making phone calls. I'm not sure what a fair OBC is for something like this but $100 seems inadequate.

I can only recommend if you reserve a specific cabin that you check often to confirm you still have it but if you lose it RC's response seems to be so sorry, so sad for you, oh well.

I just looked at the deck plans, and you are right, it is a cabin for two. So, our capacity theories are not applicable in your case.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you are able to negotiate more satisfactory compensation

I am really sorry as I appear to have crossed the OP's subject, however in my example my 3 rooms were 2 x Inter-connecting balcony staterooms (2 people in each) and a Studio Balcony Stateroom (single occupancy).

I would have thought, maybe naively, that the inter-connecting room especially as the reservations were linked is vastly different to that of 'adjacent' rooms??

Tomorrow I am back in discussions and will take heed of the 3 way Conference Call suggested by earlier posters.

I am very sad to say that the expectations of resolution is so far apart I am not particularly hopeful. I advised the Travel Agent last night that cancellation and compensation is a very strong possibility and she said she was not senior enough to deal with that and I would have to be passed onto to Management level !

I am in nervous trepidation of not only having to tell my wife and mother in law the trip is cancelled, but the thought of telling my Boys who are so so excited about it is tearing me apart.

Many Thanks for your comments though, please feel free to contribute (and once again apologies to the OP)

I just looked at the deck plans and the only decks that I see the studio balconies on are deck 6 and 7. There are a pair of E balcony cabins to one side and a pair of D cabins on the other. Neither of these cabins are connecting. Did you book in the pair of D cabins beside the studio balcony as one of those cabins is a D3 and the other is a D8. The D3 is a quad occupancy cabin which may explain why they moved you.

Cabins booked on Deck 6 were 6652 (Grade SB - Single Occupancy) and 6686 connecting with 6688 (Grade D0)

They took Cabin 6688 from me :(

No reason to take that cabin from you as both are double occupancy cabins. Someone screwed up big time and unfortunately you are paying the price.

All I can say, is WOW! I would be furious over this situation.

This seems to happen when a reservation is parked with a TA. I only book direct with RCCL and watch my reservation like a hawk.

To the OP, I sure hope you get that three way conference call together!

If they moved you unannounced, why is it that they can't just switch the other party out to your cabin and you back to your original cabin???

That is what I would be demanding! And loudly, they loved you and they can Damn well move the other people the same way! JMHO

Was your reservation marked "no upgrade" and are the others?

If they moved you unannounced, why is it that they can't just switch the other party out to your cabin and you back to your original cabin???

That is what I would be demanding! And loudly, they loved you and they can Damn well move the other people the same way! JMHO

Was your reservation marked "no upgrade" and are the others?

Exactly what I have suggested for over 4 hours of discussions now. Give the people in my original Cabin an option of the free upgrade that was given to me.

Apparently the TA can't as it is not their customer??

Some things could be so simple !!

All I can say, is WOW! I would be furious over this situation.

This seems to happen when a reservation is parked with a TA. I only book direct with RCCL and watch my reservation like a hawk.

To the OP, I sure hope you get that three way conference call together!

The OP said she booked directly with RCCL.

Edited by dcgrumpy

On the opposite end of the spectrum, we're sailing AOS in June and was just moved from a deck 9 D1 near the end of the long aft hallway to a deck 9 D1 hump that was previously not available (or more accurately, not shown as available). Like the OP the move wasn't announced, but in this case, I don't mind.

Wait a minute.... What does the TA have to do with any of this ???? RCCL did this and they can damn well undo it and return your cabin to you!!!

Yes, and if there is a TA involved why has the TA not brought in the District Sales Manager. They can be very helpful in these situations.

Did you mark the reservation as "do not upgrade"? They may have considered the new room an "upgrade" from your existing room, and depending on how the system is set up, it didn't care that your reservation was specifically for adjacent rooms.

Can someone tell me how to do this? I looked everywhere on my reservation and can't find anywhere to check off or put "do not upgrade".

I have 1864 on the Freedom and don't want to lose it!

Thanks!!

Can someone tell me how to do this? I looked everywhere on my reservation and can't find anywhere to check off or put "do not upgrade".

I have 1864 on the Freedom and don't want to lose it!

Thanks!!

It's not on your reservation. It's on the main My Cruises page, under Profile, Upgrade Preferences.

I just can't help but feel this is another reason (at least for me) why I never deal with a TA..no one (a 3rd party that now says they aren't "senior" enough to deal with a problem) is a better advocate for me than myself.

We often travel with the rest of my family. My parents always use a travel agent for their travel. Inevitably something always gets changed just a little in the process. The last two times we have cruised with them, we were supposed to all have cabins in a row. The first time- my brother and SIL were two cabins down and my parents were across the ship (as in we were starboard and they were port). The second time, we were all starboard but my husband and I were about six cabins away from everyone else. It was not a big deal as we all dined together each evening and we still saw each other often. Still, it was not as my parents were promised.

We are not cruising with family this time. I told my mother I booked directly with Royal. She was shocked and said she hoped everything worked out okay and she hoped our cruise would be okay, but she didn't know why I didn't book with a travel agent. I told her that based on her last two experiences, I was not sure that was such a successful strategy.

So far, my booking with Royal has been a pleasant experience and I think this may be the way I go from now on. My last experience using a travel agent was 20 years ago on my honeymoon and everything was a complete nightmare from beginning to end- from planning through the experiences getting checked in and getting things she had promised us. I cannot say enough good stuff about how we were treated once onboard. Royal was royal to us for sure.

I am so sorry about these experiences. I cannot imagine having my vacation screwed up and having everyone else pointing the finger at the other person.

UPDATE

Good news : The TA have fully admitted the mistake was of their making and not RCI's

Not so good news : Nothing changed at the moment, discussions are now taking place between TA and RCI to try and get me back in the original cabin. I am praying that RCI will be able to flex their authority and power to get my dream holiday back to where it should be.

Further updates will follow

UPDATE

Good news : The TA have fully admitted the mistake was of their making and not RCI's

Not so good news : Nothing changed at the moment, discussions are now taking place between TA and RCI to try and get me back in the original cabin. I am praying that RCI will be able to flex their authority and power to get my dream holiday back to where it should be.

Thanks for reporting back. At least the TA has owned up to their mistake. Can't believe that they would try to tell you it was Royals fault hoping that you would just accept it.

I guess you won't be using that TA again.

UPDATE

To me, that's a "good news/bad news" type of thing. The good news is now you know who messed up. The bad news is since it was your TA, I wouldn't expect RCI to "bump" the new cabin occupants. IMO, that wouldn't be fair if those people specifically booked that room.

You've got to think what's in TA's power to provide... OBC, drink packages, restaurant meals I think would be the "go to" items.

Good luck!

UPDATE

You now own the TA's commission, I would take that and have a great cruise in what ever cabin you have and put this behind.

Unbelievable, your TA lied to you! So is this a client of the TA?? If it is then they should still be able to undo this? What was their reason? At the very least they should be able to move them one cabin over so the other two family members are still adjoining..... Something really stinks in this whole something and now I would really scream!

Unbelievable, your TA lied to you! So is this a client of the TA?? If it is then they should still be able to undo this? What was their reason? At the very least they should be able to move them one cabin over so the other two family members are still adjoining..... Something really stinks in this whole something and now I would really scream!

I am still screaming inside but am still awaiting a call back.

It depends now if RCI can go the extra step and make good the TA's mistake. I know its not RCI's responsibility but I do hope that common sense can prevail. Offer the new occupants of the cabin I originally booked the upgrade I was offered and then we can deal with compensation issues. Unless the new occupants are particularly drawn to that number/cabin I can't see any reason that they would refuse. (Hang on the only reason may be the new room is at the front of the ship.

The reason they gave was 'human error', the agent forgot to confirm the booking for that cabin with Royal Caribbean. Isn't it amazing that such a mistake can lead to so many issues??

Anyway I still have everything crossed .....