My room was released and changed without my knowledge

No they weren't and that is what makes it complicated. I only had the 2 inter-connecting rooms as near to the Studio Balcony I could get.

I know I am sad but the main reason for this arrangement was to be able to have Breakfast on the Balcony for 5, opening the balcony area which you can do with the connecting rooms but struggle with one single size balcony.

Plus it's the Mother In Law's 80th Birthday gift and a special treat for me and the Wife celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary soon.

Always always have your reservations marked "do not upgrade" this still is not a guarantee the cruiseline won't move you but makes it far less likely! I sure hope you get this fixed but the room they gave you is unlikely to appeal to the people in your cabin. Get them to at least move them over so two of your cabins are still connected.

No they weren't and that is what makes it complicated. I only had the 2 inter-connecting rooms as near to the Studio Balcony I could get.

I know I am sad but the main reason for this arrangement was to be able to have Breakfast on the Balcony for 5, opening the balcony area which you can do with the connecting rooms but struggle with one single size balcony.

Plus it's the Mother In Law's 80th Birthday gift and a special treat for me and the Wife celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary soon.

Are there a pair of balcony cabins that are side by side and not connecting? The cabins do not have to be connecting for the balcony dividers to open.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I didn't know that Ken, as I have only done 1 cruise before and had an interconnecting room.

The last I heard was that there were no adjacent cabins left.

I just checked and there is only 1 DO cabin remaining for your sailing. There are lots of side by side cabins left in D2 on a different deck but that doesn't do you any good. Any way to push your TA to getting you 3 cabins on a different deck with 2 of them together. Pricing for DO and D2 was similar but not sure how pricing of SB was.

bettsfan, I REALLY hope this works out and they can get you back in your cabin. That actually sounds like the setup I want to do on the Quantum if I'm ever fortunate enough to go with my family (hint hint Royal: a Quantum class ship down here in Galveston would be AWESOME SAUCE...;))

I'll say a prayer that the person in there now isn't too particular or is willing to be gracious and move. My son and I have been counting down to our upcoming cruise for over a year now. I'd be heartbroken to have to tell him we couldn't go so I KNOW how you must be feeling.

*fingers crossed* *praying*

I'm not sure what a fair OBC is for something like this but $100 seems inadequate.

First of all, I agree it shouldn't have happened. But that said, you got an equivalent cabin, so why is it such a big deal? Was there some particular reason you needed to be right next door to your friends/family? Again, it shouldn't have happened, I'm just trying to figure out why it is so crucial to be right next door.

First of all, I agree it shouldn't have happened. But that said, you got an equivalent cabin, so why is it such a big deal? Was there some particular reason you needed to be right next door to your friends/family? Again, it shouldn't have happened, I'm just trying to figure out why it is so crucial to be right next door.

the reason is explained in post #76.

Hello????

Seriously? I mean - they had adjacent connecting rooms for a reason...in addition to me not wanting my kids in a hotel room alone - I am pretty sure that you guys wouldn't want my kids int he room next to you without me there...figure the same would apply to the OPs kids - I think they are teens? Even scarier than leaving my younger kids alone!!

A. It is what they planned.

B. It is a big deal, or they would have planned differently.

C. Because they wanted to be next door to each other.

I don't think waterbug's post was aimed at me but thanks for the defence though.

I would have struggled to be as concise and accurate as Mac303's explanation.

Parental control, even though the youngest is 14 is very important to me.

Although there isn't much mention of the original poster any longer - Sunny Delight - this message is for you - I would not wait for an email from RCI - that could take weeks. This needs to be sorted out ASAP. Call them!!!!

Although there isn't much mention of the original poster any longer - Sunny Delight - this message is for you - I would not wait for an email from RCI - that could take weeks. This needs to be sorted out ASAP. Call them!!!!

Ditto

Seriously? In the scheme of things and life this is not a big deal but if I pay money, make a reservation 16 months before the cruise I expect to get what I reserved. :confused:

I have been very busy with work this week so this has had to take a backseat but since I have not received an email response I plan to make some phone calls. Any ideas where I would find a phone # other than the main line on the website?

I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction. I can understand your frustration.

This isn't helpful, but maybe it will make you smile.

Jerry Seinfeld: See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don’t know how to *hold* the reservation and that’s really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction. I can understand your frustration.

This isn't helpful, but maybe it will make you smile.

Jerry Seinfeld: See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don’t know how to *hold* the reservation and that’s really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Love that quote.......such a great Seinfeld episode!!!

So True unfortunately.....:rolleyes:

Seriously? In the scheme of things and life this is not a big deal but if I pay money, make a reservation 16 months before the cruise I expect to get what I reserved. :confused:

I have been very busy with work this week so this has had to take a backseat but since I have not received an email response I plan to make some phone calls. Any ideas where I would find a phone # other than the main line on the website?

I have not had to make any such calls but I have seen where lots of people have posted that they call and ask for the "resolution department".

I totally agree with you - why else book so far in advance other than to get what you want??? I always book 18 months in advance for that reason and $100 OBC would not smooth it over for me either!

Edited by Clipper123

MTE.

I booked our cruise more than a year in advance and picked our cabin for a reason. If I was moved to a "comparable" cabin I would be furious.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

My dh and I JUST quoted this to each other when we were on Quantum and they sat us at 9:16 for our 8:30 reservation at Chops!

Sunny D- If you call the main line, they should be able to give you the phone number you need. Good luck!